SFA / Tarleton

4,644 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by nacluth
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hawkins gets up to 20 points.
No-look
I never doubted
nacluth
Easy 5 point win.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Nice job overcoming ourselves and getting the W
MasterAxe
Feels like we got outplayed for about 80% of the game.

That's a good one to grind out.

Disappointed we're reverting back to these bad performances, but never apologize for a win.
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

I never doubted

We've got a bunch of bald-faced liars on here tonight.
Jacks1989
Was not pretty but we got the W. In the offseason we have to get better in the middle.
BigJack85
No-look said:

Best student section yet

Agreed. 100%. On TV
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

No-look said:

I never doubted

I doubted. I doubted. Got to say, this team has charisma.
PurpleOut
Staff
Whew, that wasn't pretty, but we'll take it. Big night from Nigel and Latrell.

Enjoyed the broadcast tonight. I honestly can't remember the last time we had replays, but I had a panic attack each time because they went to replay so quick during live play. Need to make sure we're not missing game play.

That plus in-game interviews (even though we didn't get the post-game interview) makes it look like a real production. Good steps in the right direction.

Hope we have a big crowd on Saturday, I've my season tickets available if anyone needs a pair (that doesn't want to join us in the Hecklers & Haze section). Everyone is invited out to the tailgate with the Alumni Association, starting at 10:00...free food and drinks!
SFAXE93
Jossell PTS:16 (4-4 from 3) Will move up into the top 5 three-point shooters in the nation with that performance.

Hall REB:14
Hawkins PTS:22
Jacks1989
Agree. The broadcast was the best of the year. Great job guys!
Jacks1989
Seattle getting beat by Cal Baptist 22-2
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

No-look said:

I never doubted

I'm trying to be positive like nacluth.
BigJack85
PurpleOut said:

Whew, that wasn't pretty, but we'll take it. Big night from Nigel and Latrell.

Enjoyed the broadcast tonight. I honestly can't remember the last time we had replays, but I had a panic attack each time because they went to replay so quick during live play. Need to make sure we're not missing game play.

That plus in-game interviews (even though we didn't get the post-game interview) makes it look like a real production. Good steps in the right direction.

Hope we have a big crowd on Saturday, I've my season tickets available if anyone needs a pair (that doesn't want to join us in the Hecklers & Haze section). Everyone is invited out to the tailgate with the Alumni Association, starting at 10:00...free food and drinks!

See you there!!! Axe Em Jacks
djsfw57
Talk about a roller coaster! Tonight was hard on lots of hearts. I know mine just about stopped several times, and almost exploded a few. The team looked awful, spastic even, then looked great. Then awful, then great. It exhausted me. So glad they figured it out in time to get the win!
SFA Jack Fanatic
I've been reading Tezeno's mother's tweets lately... She is not happy about the lack of playing time for Derrick. (Zero minutes tonight is an example.) She carries huge influence on him, and personally I wouldn't be surprised if he enters the portal after the season. Don't mean to start a rumor, but his playing time is something to keep an eye on the rest of the way.
nacluth
Derrick is a great contributor. I hope he keeps going.
Pilotgirl
UTRGV beat GCU in Phoenix by 1 point
nacluth
We were 1.08 points behind GCU at the start of the day. Based on current values we should gain 1.15 points on them. It will probably be a few points less based on variables. Could overtake 5th place.
No-look
nacluth said:

We were 1.08 points behind GCU at the start of the day. Based on current values we should gain 1.15 points on them. It will probably be a few points less based on variables. Could overtake 5th place.
Does losing at home to the 10th place team factor in?
nacluth
Absolutely
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I've been reading Tezeno's mother's tweets lately... She is not happy about the lack of playing time for Derrick. (Zero minutes tonight is an example.) She carries huge influence on him, and personally I wouldn't be surprised if he enters the portal after the season. Don't mean to start a rumor, but his playing time is something to keep an eye on the rest of the way.
He was in for one inbounds play that we turned over. Keller pulled him and he didn't see the floor again. I don't know who we would have subbed him for.

He played 16 minutes at UTRGV, which is about his average for the season. As guys got healthy, he fell down the rotation. He is athletic, but I just don't know who he takes minutes from.

SFAJack_76
Really good post game. Jossell is the leader of this team. I don't think second chance points have been mentioned in this thread. 11-0. Huge.
SFAXE93
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

A week or so ago, Tarleton lost .81 points for losing to UTRGV at home. I would expect GCU to get dinged at least that and probably more, taking them down to around 1.70. We should jump them.

I think the path is there. Seattle got destroyed by CBU and has now lost 5 of their last 7. They have to play Utah Valley and then at Grand Canyon. Them continuing to lose and us winning is the best path for the Top4.

It's on us right now.
BigJack85
No-look said:

Best student section yet

Ya. I noticed some real, absolute improvement. Maybe they can join us (H&H) on Saturday….
Pilotgirl
Like 76 says, just keep winning...
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

Like 76 says, just keep winning...
Yep … just win.
MasterAxe
Very rough math:

Teams that have beaten Tarleton gain about .35 - .40 points.

Teams that have lost to UTRGV lose anywhere from .60 - .80 points.

Using this, we entered yesterday behind GCU by 1.08.

That math is going to put us very very close to them.

A win over UTA earned us .38 last time (so let's assume it similar, if we win) and GCU plays tomorrow at home against ACU, which is about (generally) a .31 gain for a home win).

So, there is a real possibility that we can overtake them by the end of the weekend and have our sights set on Seattle, who just got worked by CBU...which, on average is a .50-.60 loss.

#Math.

PurpleOut
Staff
BigJack85 said:

No-look said:

Best student section yet

Ya. I noticed some real, absolute improvement. Maybe they can join us (H&H) on Saturday….
It could have been lack of sleep the night before with 3 kids up with a stomach bug, but I could have sworn last night towards the end I could hear a slight hum from the few students that were in front of the section (by hum I mean the constant noise you traditionally hear from big student crowds like Duke).

If we could get more of them to join in to make some noise when we're on defense (instead of only chanting DEFENSE), especially in the second half when we're on that side of the court...we could be on to something.

I hope we can join in on Saturday and make a difference!
nacluth
So a word on the resume seeding math (which is junk by the way).

An at home loss against a certain team say UTRGV loses .81 points. It doesn't matter if you're UTA or Utah Valley, the loss is worth .81. How good you are doesn't matter to how many points you win or lose. The values are based on the other team solely.

There's no variance range .30-.40 for a home Tarleton win. Beating Tarleton at home is worth .34 (currently) for every team all season long that beat Tarleton at home.

The only variance is that if Tarleton keeps losing that number will shrink for everyone a couple of points over time. But most values are starting to "lock in." The biggest changer in points right now is Seattle who is dying over the second half of play.
nacluth
Current NET rankings

No-look
I'm confused. Did we lose a point with the win?
nacluth
Yep.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.