Ladyjacks vs UTRGV

3,244 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by djsfw57
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nine girls suited up. Harden with her right arm in a sling. Don't see Brionna Scott.
SFAJack_76
20-9 after one. UTRGV is not good.
nacluth
I tried to get off work to see this one, but too much going on. That's a rough time to draw a crowd. How many are there?
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

I tried to get off work to see this one, but too much going on. That's a rough time to draw a crowd. How many are there?

Perhaps 200.
SFAJack_76
38-28 half. Uninspired second quarter assisted by some ragged reffing. Kellogg was not pleased with several calls.
SFAJack_76
Comments about the announcers today?
SFAJack_76
52-38 after three. Uninspired would be kind. We must play better on Saturday.
TalkingSports
SFAJack_76 said:

Personally, I think we are doing a great job!
SFAJack_76
76-42 final.
RedRiverLa
TalkingSports said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Personally, I think we are doing a great job!
Y'all are doing a fantastic job! So much better than we've had in the past. Very balanced, fair, with the right amount of AxeEm Jacks! - and I want to make sure you know how much I appreciate your call - very easy to listen to! Keep it up Chase and Jonathan, well done.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

I vote for Buckets for color guy the rest of the year!!! He was GREAT!
nacluth
Not a good sign if Harden is in a sling.
SFAJack_76
Nelson with a 15 and 15 in 26 minutes. POG. We really need some quality minutes from her with Harden out.
SFAJack_76
Ljacks&Longnecks
Didn't get a chance to watch today. Glad to see that Zoe had a big day. Hopefully much more to come.

Harden in a sling doesn't sound good nor does only 9 suited up. Time of year we want to be healthy...or follow expected team rules if that was still a factor.
SpeakingTruth
I'm starting to think y'all just don't like the way the other guy talks
SFA Jack Fanatic
SpeakingTruth said:

Speaking only for myself, and with all due respect to him, I don't. Talks way too much, for one thing. And he doesn't seem to be terribly informed about the "ins and outs" of the two SFA BB programs. Plain vanilla, I guess you could say. Buckets was far better and fun to listen to. Again, just my opinion.
BigJack85
SpeakingTruth said:

The "other guy" spends to much time updating us on the score. Adds little to analysis or the defense we might be running or the player rotation. If we need to know the score we can look at the box, and not watch the game.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SpeakingTruth
Do you happen to watch any other basketball games on the Division 1 level or NBA games?
SpeakingTruth
He has played basketball at a higher level than you think and played for good teams too. But he's also the first black broadcaster that SFA has had..
SpeakingTruth
But believe it or not he has his fans (me) as well who thinks he provides great analysis on both teams and works hard @ prepping for the game… like I said just the first black voice y'all have heard calling an SFA game
SpeakingTruth
Well the players/players parents/ his people love him
BigJack85
SpeakingTruth said:

He has played basketball at a higher level than you think and played for good teams too. But he's also the first black broadcaster that SFA has had..

That may be true. This has nothing to do with his skin tone. It has everything to do with preparedness. Preparedness.

He misses basic factual items. Repeats the score without adding any notable "color" or relevant context.
SpeakingTruth
You know this isn't true right? I've listened to his games since last year, and he has improved this year and he doesn't have a 5 year experience doing it. It's his second season and he comes from a background of being a colligate student athlete.. so he relates to the players more than the fan that's watching SFA games @ home.. You're used to hearing a particular voice and he's not that particular voice and doesn't talk like a fan cause he isnt. He's there to be neutral for both teams because they have fans watching too.
SpeakingTruth
I advise you to maybe watch NBA games or other big time college basketball games and let me know how much they talk….. he's not there to talk every other possession.. but I'd just advise watching a game outside of SFA and actually paying attention to those color commentators who have to be unbiased
SpeakingTruth
advise you to maybe watch NBA games or other big time college basketball games and let me know how much they talk….. he's not there to talk every other possession.. but I'd just advise watching a game outside of SFA and actually paying attention to those color commentators who have to be unbiased
TallTexan
Not that I really want to wade into another announcer controversy(my biggest issue is the commercials and the announcing volume are wildly different levels and that seems like a production level issue), but why is the account that purported to be one of the announcers when they first started posting now speaking in the third person?
SpeakingTruth
Because I'm his cousin and he started this account for me cause I saw what y'all were saying and he was the first to hop on and start defending himself.
SpeakingTruth
But I'm here defending him and it's ridiculous because I tell him when he's doing bad, and I tell him when he's into it. But it genuinely sounds like you all are just so used to a white voice that hearing someone different bothers you ..
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

Not that I really want to wade into another announcer controversy(my biggest issue is the commercials and the announcing volume are wildly different levels and that seems like a production level issue), but why is the account that purported to be one of the announcers when they first started posting now speaking in the third person?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
PurpleOut
Staff
Odd, last month you were actually him in the first person.

Like most people have said to you, you do talk too much. And what they mean is you over talk Chase. The best TV crews have a PxP guy and a color commentator guy. One guy calls the game, the other adds comments when they fit in or there's an opening. Not constantly talking through plays on both ends of the court not allowing the PxP guy to actually call the game.

Nobody is saying you are terrible, you came here previously asking for everyone's opinion. You got it. Whether you like it or not. Sometimes you just have to take constructive criticism.
PurpleOut
Staff
SpeakingTruth said:

But it genuinely sounds like you all are just so used to a white voice that hearing someone different bothers you ..

So ridiculous man.
Pilotgirl
PurpleOut said:

Odd, last month you were actually him in the first person.

Like most people have said to you, you do talk too much. And what they mean is you over talk Chase. The best TV crews have a PxP guy and a color commentator guy. One guy calls the game, the other adds comments when they fit in or there's an opening. Not constantly talking through plays on both ends of the court not allowing the PxP guy to actually call the game.

Nobody is saying you are terrible, you came here previously asking for everyone's opinion. You got it. Whether you like it or not. Sometimes you just have to take constructive criticism.

1000% agree!

Also, SpeakingTruth (ironic, btw) please feel free to start a thread about ANNOUNCERS instead of highjacking a thread dedicated to our amazing WBB team!
BigJack85
SpeakingTruth said:

You know this isn't true right? I've listened to his games since last year, and he has improved this year and he doesn't have a 5 year experience doing it. It's his second season and he comes from a background of being a colligate student athlete.. so he relates to the players more than the fan that's watching SFA games @ home.. You're used to hearing a particular voice and he's not that particular voice and doesn't talk like a fan cause he isnt. He's there to be neutral for both teams because they have fans watching too.

I've watched 4-5 different WAC announcers. Listened to almost every ESPN + game. I won't back down. Your man is probably a great guy. I'm sure he is. He's not improving. If he is improving it's slow. He does not offer context for any of the action.
djsfw57
SpeakingTruth said:

I'm confused about this post. What does race have to do with any of this?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.