SFA / New Mexico State

15,482 Views | 89 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Rev007
djsfw57
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PurpleOut said:

I can't believe nobody got my encrypted JJP comment this morning.

I'm surprised y'all thought we played that bad, that wasn't the take that I had. The size matchup was outrageous, especially in the first half with Nana out.

I went to shoot around this morning, and the game plan we had was spot on. Everything was fairly well executed, we just missed some shots and had some struggles against their length. We took amazing care of the ball tonight (only 6 turnovers).

NMSU might be struggling, but that's a really talented team. They just don't play like a team, right now.

I thought Heiar purposely calling that alley-oop as time expired was both ****ty and funny.
I went back and looked at your comment from this morning. As soon as I saw it, I remembered noticing it and wondering why some letters were bold. I never paid any attention to which letters they were. I'll use my old age and retired brain as an excuse. LOL
SFA, Class of 1979
nacluth
I'm all about Nana's 23 minutes of play. A perfect time for him to be on the court. He was effective in his play and has shown huge growth this season.
nacluth
Just curious about Anthony Roy of NMSU. He didn't travel out of state last time they had a road trip. He seems to have run into some issues concerning felony probation. But it was a least suggested that he traveled with the team but he didn't play in this evening's game.

When we plays he usually adds about 10 points. Not looking forward to seeing this team figure it out. Hopefully some more early losses will keep them down.
No-look
PurpleOut said:

I can't believe nobody got my encrypted JJP comment this morning.

I'm surprised y'all thought we played that bad, that wasn't the take that I had. The size matchup was outrageous, especially in the first half with Nana out.

I went to shoot around this morning, and the game plan we had was spot on. Everything was fairly well executed, we just missed some shots and had some struggles against their length. We took amazing care of the ball tonight (only 6 turnovers).

NMSU might be struggling, but that's a really talented team. They just don't play like a team, right now.

I thought Heiar purposely calling that alley-oop as time expired was both ****ty and funny.
Good assessment. I saw the same from three seats behind you. Lol Those guys were some big dudes.
No-look
nacluth said:

I'm all about Nana's 23 minutes of play. A perfect time for him to be on the court. He was effective in his play and has shown huge growth this season.
Nana is steadily showing improvement. Wasn't his expected role to be the "big" at the beginning of the year. He has really contributed with the absence of Murphy and Jilil.
No-look
Where's the presser?
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93
This team is slowly getting back to full strength and if Nana's game continues to improve the way it is, then watch out for the Lumberjacks inside and out.
nacluth
Just an update of NET rankings.

PurpleOut
Staff
SFAXE93 said:

This team is slowly getting back to full strength and if Nana's game continues to improve the way it is, then watch out for the Lumberjacks inside and out.
I think getting Beaubrun back will be a big help to Nana. I think he's a little less aggressive knowing he can't get in foul trouble.

I'd expect to see Jalil back sooner than later now. He's practicing.
No-look
Good to hear that Beaubrun is practicing.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Just an update of NET rankings.

NMSU still 26 ahead of us.
nacluth
We raised 12, they dropped 13 so a 25 point net change. We have to just keep winning and work our way up. 15 games left.
PurpleOut
Staff
Another note that I found interesting last night, that I'd love to understand more when it comes to rules, Mady Traore for NMSU (#35 that clunked in a 3 to help start their small run before halftime) committed to NMSU barely a week ago.

Previously committed to NC State, he enrolled and was able to make his debut last night. I haven't looked into it much more than that, but just seems odd that A) it would be even possible, and also B) as a coach you would let a kid play immediately without knowing hardly anything about your system/plays.
SFA88
Jacks1989 said:

The SFA announcers don't bother me at all. They do fine. Just wish the production was better. Audio and color is not the best and the camera seems shaky sometimes. Wish they had more angles and replay.

Hands down the best production and announcers so far this season was the Furman game. That production was top notch.
They don't bother me it's just that, of the crews I have heard (ACU, CBU, GCU, NMSU, SFA, SUU), they are the least polished. Many of those other crews have been together a few years and that makes a big difference. The SFA crew has improved from where they were at the beginning of the season.

I wish I could have watched the Furman game. I could only get the gamecast.
Texasheli
As others have said fix the balance between cameras. I know little about what causes the issue. The majority of the game was cast as if overexposed. There were brief closeup up cuts that the color seemed correct. It was just long enough to give hope then was gone.

It is too bad that the production seems like an after though.
Jacks1989
Great news that Jalil could be back soon. Have no idea what to expect from him. Hopefully he will be a big boost for the team
SpeakingTruth
What's your expertise of "polished" that you referenced?
Rev007
Rev007

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.