SFA / New Mexico State

15,498 Views | 89 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Rev007
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JJP!!! Big block!
jboy93
TOP 10 PLAY!!!
Jacks1989
JJP awesome!!!
nacluth
Get it Jossell!!!
jboy93
Crowd sounds loud!
nacluth
51-39 SFA 12 left.
Jacks1989
Long range! Jacks on fire.
jboy93
nacluth said:

JJP!!! Big block!
Hope they can get a replay.
Jacks1989
Lumberjacks are chopping wood!
nacluth
jboy93
Can someone explain the ESPN contract? Do we pay for and produce the whole production, because we seem to be lagging behind some of the other schools.
nacluth
Posey sits with 4.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Okay, I don't know what happened on my broadcast-----went to commercial at 42-37 and when I moved back to forum for comments the forum was at 51-39.
Now I have moved ahead and am current. Technology floors me again
nacluth
In the bonus. Let's hit some.
nacluth
57-46 U8 SFA.
nacluth
NMSU switched to zone, Jossell makes the pay.
nacluth
62-51 SFA U4.
nacluth
Punish them Nana.
jboy93
Nice win! GO JACKS!
nacluth
69-60 SFA wins 3-0 in WAC play.

Jacks took the lead at 5-2 and never looked back.
SFA Jack Fanatic
A complete game. Posey did not look like a guy coming off the injured list. Now I understand why Keller seemed to be so upbeat this week.

SFA 3-0. NMSU 0-3. I love it!
TallTexan
jboy93 said:

Can someone explain the ESPN contract? Do we pay for and produce the whole production, because we seem to be lagging behind some of the other schools.
Our broadcast quality has really went downhill the past few years. No replays, poor camera work, color changing every switch.

Disappointing.
TallTexan
Good win. My biggest takeaway though is that NMSU stinks.
nacluth
Well I'll be the one to say it. It was a good win, but the Jacks did not look impressive tonight. We were playing a team in free fall, and our first half especially looked atrocious. Spurts in the second looked good, but we will not win against a team that plays as a unit the way we played tonight.

GCU up next is a good team.
SFA88
Nice win! It got close a couple of times but it never felt like the Aggies were going to win.

On a side note, overall the refs did a good job but I hated that charge called on the Aggies. Jossell was very clearly in the circle. It wasn't close. If the Lumberjacks get in a close game and a call like that goes against them, I'm going to be livid. Refs can't miss something obvious like that.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Well I'll be the one to say it. It was a good win, but the Jacks did not look impressive tonight. We were playing a team in free fall, and our first half especially looked atrocious. Spurts in the second looked good, but we will not win against a team that plays as a unit the way we played tonight.

GCU up next is a good team.

I think your account has been hacked, Nacluth.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

jboy93 said:

Our broadcast quality has really went downhill the past few years. No replays, poor camera work, color changing every switch.

Disappointing.

You ain't wrong.
SfaF
Was the audio at least decent? I didn't have time to watch tonight.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Audio was good and about equal volume ads.
The main camera having a different tint/color/contrast balance was awful. Reminded me of old TVs when you had to play with the contrast/brightness to try and get the picture right.....Yeah so many of you younger dudes will not get that one.
TalkingSports
I just want to say first, thank you guys for all the comments so far this season. We are really trying to bring the best broadcast possible and sometimes that's easier said than done, but we couldn't do it without the viewers help. Unfortunately, I have seen the comments about a contrast/color issue and we do apologize about that. My monitor cable went out so I was not able "monitor" the game visually from that standpoint. A good part of the employees are student based (I was last year) and it can be tough to fill each and every role (replay, cameras, etc.). Especially since they are still on break and students aren't on campus as much. As far as the ESPN+ side I haven't dug too much in to it. From my standpoint they handle producing it to ESPN+ and that's my knowledge on that. This by no means excuses the broadcast but will hopefully give a little detail that goes on behind the scenes. We thank you guys for all the help y'all have given this season.
Jacks1989
Really thought Day Day had a great game. Looks a lot quicker than he was earlier in the season. He plays so big for his size. Robbie didn't play much but I thought he had some good minutes also. Seems like everyone contributed tonight. Roti is finding his stroke!

Need to rebound better and the last 2 minutes before the half was horrible.
SFA88
jboy93 said:

I can't speak to previous years, I usually just buy ESPN+ in March. I'm paying for it all season this year and I have watched some of the other WAC games. CBU and GCU look like P5 broadcast (especially GCU) but those two have the money for it. ACU and NMSU are both better. I don't remember about CBU but GCU and NMSU both have a 3rd person on the floor doing interviews going into the half and after the game. All four of those schools have replays. The SUU production seems closer to the SFA production without the weird camera stuff going on. One of the SUU announcers asked if they had a reply of a blocking call but never got it. I take that to mean they normally do have replys.

Sadly, the SFA announcers are only so so. The GCU play by play guy is over the top for him every play is THE MOST FANTASTIC PLAY HE EVER SAW but their color guy is the former NBA player, Scott Williams. I like him a lot. If there is an opponent playing well, Scott will throw him some praise especially if that player is a big man. The others are very professional sounding.

A very long winded way of saying yes, it is behind some of the others.
PurpleOut
Staff
I can't believe nobody got my encrypted JJP comment this morning.

I'm surprised y'all thought we played that bad, that wasn't the take that I had. The size matchup was outrageous, especially in the first half with Nana out.

I went to shoot around this morning, and the game plan we had was spot on. Everything was fairly well executed, we just missed some shots and had some struggles against their length. We took amazing care of the ball tonight (only 6 turnovers).

NMSU might be struggling, but that's a really talented team. They just don't play like a team, right now.

I thought Heiar purposely calling that alley-oop as time expired was both ****ty and funny.
SfaF
I agree GCU does have a very good broadcast, but in defense of the SFA announcers they are young and will get better with more time and practice. No one starts at the level that Scott Williams is at now.
Jacks1989
The SFA announcers don't bother me at all. They do fine. Just wish the production was better. Audio and color is not the best and the camera seems shaky sometimes. Wish they had more angles and replay.

Hands down the best production and announcers so far this season was the Furman game. That production was top notch.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.