SFA / Louisiana Tech

5,629 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by PurpleOut
Jacks4460
How long do you want to ignore this user?
purpleballs said:

Jacks1989 said:

Impressive

Hall & Hawkins 38 minutes
Nana 36 minutes
Everyone else 25 plus minutes
Whatever Hayman's minutes were, we need to see more of that.

Indeed I love his game.. I remember when I first saw him he stuck out more than anyone one else with his hustle and relentless pressure..
MasterAxe
That was an enjoyable viewing experience.

I hope we keep LaTech on the schedule in future years. The games against them are always fun.
No-look
Every time I watch this AJ makes that shot.
SFAXE93
BigJack85
SFAXE93 said:

Cajuste. Cajuste. !!!!
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAJack_76
purpleballs said:

No-look said:

SFA88 said:

I suppose it could be worse he could have 6 TO along with 0 points like Ware.
Not Roti's best game. He will get it ironed out
He's not a point guard but being forced to play due to injuries. Hopefully his game will come back when Posey returns.
PG is definitely not his position. Reminds me of when Bogues had to play point. He did the best he could for the team, but it really took him away from what he did best. We were much better last night when Cajuste was in the game. Too often, Keller has found himself one injury away from having a shooting guard playing what I believe is the most important position on the team.
No-look
I really like AJ's play. He makes things happen on the court. High assist rate. Can shoot and can set others up for success. If he keeps progressing he can be crazy good. Still lots to work on but it will come.
Jacks4460
No-look said:

I really like AJ's play. He makes things happen on the court. High assist rate. Can shoot and can set others up for success. If he keeps progressing he can be crazy good. Still lots to work on but it will come.
When we signed AJ and he started practicing with the team I was told "watch AJ Buckets he is cold"... Now I know what they are talking about... He is a true PG... He does make things happen.. Drives the lane brings the defenders to him and then kicks out to Latrell or whomever is sitting up on the arc.. AJ has a great attitude and knows he has some serious God given ability and he is really thankful for that... I really love what Coach K does with our team off the court... He makes them better men..
BigJack85
Jacks4460 said:

No-look said:

When we signed AJ and he started practicing with the team I was told "watch AJ Buckets he is cold"... Now I know what they are talking about... He is a true PG... He does make things happen.. Drives the lane brings the defenders to him and then kicks out to Latrell or whomever is sitting up on the arc.. AJ has a great attitude and knows he has some serious God given ability and he is really thankful for that... I really love what Coach K does with our team off the court... He makes them better men..

Our platoon of guards makes me optimistic that we can compete with just about anyone. If we get Beaubrun back we will have some options inside. Nana is improving, but sometimes he looks awkward when he's in the low block.
Jacks4460
yes sir I agree..Nana has come a long way just this year..Our guards can compete with anyone for sure...Key is if Coach can get everyone healthy..
Jacks1989
Any updates on Jalil? When he will be back?

Also on JJP and Robbie?
SFA88
Ware is struggling to return to form. I'm not banging on the guy but it is clear he is still trying to get back from that injury. Coach knows it to because he is playing seven fewer minutes per game this year than he did in 10 games last year. His FG percentage is down and his three point FG percentage is way down. Hopefully, he will get back to his old self soon.
nacluth
Just going to take a moment to praise Nigel. Honestly, I wasn't crazy that he returned this year. He's been erratic, mostly injured, and hasn't had the best attitude in his previous two seasons. With this year's lineup, I wasn't expecting to see him on the floor much.

However, this past month he has played his best ball of his career. We wouldn't have won any games since the SDSU game without him. He has been efficient with his minutes, put himself into a lot of good scoring opportunities, and has a good assist rate. The team has needed his performance bad, and if we end up with a successful season, a lot of credit will be due to him for what he's been doing lately.

Awesome job Nigel.
SFAXE93
Onward!

No-look
Was noticing Jossell last night. He was vocal and in encouraging teammates all through the game. Gotta love that
Jacks1989
Very well said. This is 100% spot on. I wasn't expecting much and he has proved me wrong. Way to go Hawk for stepping up. Keep it going.
BigJack85
nacluth said:

Just going to take a moment to praise Nigel. Honestly, I wasn't crazy that he returned this year. He's been erratic, mostly injured, and hasn't had the best attitude in his previous two seasons. With this year's lineup, I wasn't expecting to see him on the floor much.

However, this past month he has played his best ball of his career. We wouldn't have won any games since the SDSU game without him. He has been efficient with his minutes, put himself into a lot of good scoring opportunities, and has a good assist rate. The team has needed his performance bad, and if we end up with a successful season, a lot of credit will be due to him for what he's been doing lately.

Awesome job Nigel.

Agree 100%. He's been a real bright spot.
PurpleOut
Staff
Jacks4460 said:

yes sir I agree..Nana has come a long way just this year..Our guards can compete with anyone for sure...Key is if Coach can get everyone healthy..
I think Nana is playing different right now, knowing that there's nobody behind him. He doesn't seem near as aggressive as he has been (or could be). Same reason, I believe, why we've been trying to work in more zone. We're so foul prone with the intense man defense.

Coach Keller deserves a lot of credit for how we're playing right now. I honestly don't know how you even practice much with half the team healthy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.