2022 WAC Conference Tournament--Ladyjacks

9,182 Views | 128 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by djsfw57
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This may be T's best game of the season. Maybe her best while at SFA.
jboy93
I just wish we could get Visscher and Nugent some rest. Our bench seems to be thin of players that Kellogg wants to use.
jflandis
Pilotgirl said:

Hopefully they get tired. Statistically, they are do better during the first half...happened when we played them & others.
You predicted it. We wore them down.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA's depth is hard to hold down for four quarters. Any of five players can take over a game.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I'd have to give the MVP award to Zya.
SFA Jack Fanatic
CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jboy93
Now let's go win some freaken games in the tournament!!!!!!!!!!!
jflandis
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I'd have to give the MVP award to Zya.
Without question unless they want to consider Stephanie's all around effort. And she got us going tonight when their pressure was really bothering us?
jboy93
They are not going to cover the trophy presentation...what the heck?
BigJack85
We are The Champions!!!
TallTexan
Wanna see the all conference team.
jboy93
Nugent MVP per WAC FB page!
Stephanie also all tourney!
Pilotgirl
YALLLL.....WE ARE GOING DANCING!!!!! BACK TO BACK!

Who else is joining us next week?! Ready to pack our bags and head out wherever we are selected!
jboy93
Pilotgirl said:

Who else is joining us next week?! Ready to pack our bags and head out wherever we are selected!
Any change it's within driving distance from East Texas?
TallTexan
jboy93 said:

Pilotgirl said:

If I'm reading it right the first two rounds are home games for 1-4 seeds?

I'd imagine that it's likely we end up in Waco or Austin in that case.
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

jboy93 said:

Pilotgirl said:

If I'm reading it right the first two rounds are home games for 1-4 seeds?

I'd imagine that it's likely we end up in Waco or Austin in that case.

I've seen Iowa, Tucson, and Baton Rouge as projection sites...as well as somewhere around DC. We shall know tomorrow night!
SFA88
This game went about the way I thought it would. I'm no basketball expert, far from it, but it was obvious how it would go. If you just watched GCU play CBU and SFA play UVU you could see the glaring difference in talent.

When I first became aware that GCU was moving up to D1 I checked out their women's basketball team and it was bad. I mean very bad. I'm an older guy that is used to all those great Ladyjack teams so I was glad when the GCU administration set about trying to improve the women's program and not just give lip service to title 9. They hired a WNBA player that had a decent resume but she did not work out. Miller's resume, although at the D II level, is very impressive. My niece says Baylor looked into her but she wasn't a big enough name. I'm all in on SFA but I hope Miller can turn GCU into an excellent team.

We need some conference teams to challenge the Ladyjacks. Hopefully GCU, UTA and some others will improve enough to do that. Strong conference opponents will improve seeding in the NCAA tournament and will force SFA to be even better.
Pilotgirl
This newest projection is a 13 seed(booo) against Maryland:
https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/30423107/ncaa-women-bracketology-2022-women-college-basketball-projections
SFA88
Pilotgirl said:

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/30423107/ncaa-women-bracketology-2022-women-college-basketball-projections

A product of the weak conference but they can beat Maryland if that's who they end up playing.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

They're guessing, just like we are. Last week that same ESPN bracketology had us a 12 seed playing Oregon in Norman.
nacluth
Just got home from my trip. Made sure I had no news. Watched the entire game on replay. So happy!

Champions! A great team effort with Zya and T showing out. Defense was fantastic. Bri was great, Stephanie did her thing. The Johnson sisters didn't have huge games but consistently kept GCU from coming inside.

What a performance in the tournament! Nothing like last year's off shooting at Katy and just making it through. I believe the monkey is off of Kellogg's back completely when it comes to finishing seasons. Now it's time to go do some damage!
djsfw57
Pilotgirl said:

Odd - they also have Maryland playing Drexel in College Park. Wonder if they will figure that out... LOL

FWIW, I REALLY like that bracket.
Pilotgirl
They've already changed it to Indiana
djsfw57
Pilotgirl said:

They've already changed it to Indiana
That's good too. I think we can beat Indiana and Maryland both.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.