2022 WAC Conference Tournament--Ladyjacks

9,183 Views | 128 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by djsfw57
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?

It all begins on Tuesday! Remember listed times are pacific times on this graphic. Ladyjacks leave on Tuesday, so plenty of time to rest up & be ready for Friday's semifinal game. #AxeEm
SFA Jack Fanatic
I had been planning to attend for the last five months, even had my Orleans Hotel room booked since then, but had to cancel last week after my wife had an accident on a recent cruise. I'm playing Nurse Rachet for her now. Dang it!!
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I had been planning to attend for the last five months, even had my Orleans Hotel room booked since then, but had to cancel last week after my wife had an accident on a recent cruise. I'm playing Nurse Rachet for her now. Dang it!!

I'm sorry to hear about your wife! I hope she recovers quickly.

We won't be able to make it to Vegas either due to job issues. But I'm ready to pack for the Big Dance if we win!
BigJack85
Pilotgirl said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

We won't be able to make it to Vegas either due to job issues. But I'm ready to pack for the Big Dance if we win!

Have to get our west coast Lumberjack contingent!
Pilotgirl
Do we have a west coast contingent? Lol
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

Do we have a west coast contingent? Lol
There's that former IRS "Reverend" out there, I believe.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Well, if someone is going to get hurt, the last day in Hawaii is the time and place to do it. Made for lots of issues getting her home though.
nacluth
Last year's Katy win gave me some confidence about winning Vegas. Here's to our ladies doing work.
Pilotgirl
Whew...that S Carolina v Kentucky game was March Madness at its best!
Pilotgirl
As you know SFA WBB is heading to the WAC Conference tournament in Las Vegas this week. We know these ladies love seeing the support online so if you can, send a 30 second to 1 minute video message of yourself as a virtual "send off" for the ladies. You can send the video to:
thewwdubclub@gmail.com OR nessie_horan on Snapchat.
We will tweet the videos out on Monday as a thread on Twitter from the dub club account. Any words of encouragement or shout outs would be awesome! And please keep this a secret so it is a nice surprise for the ladies.
Pilotgirl
We will tweet them out on Tuesday as well. Get your kiddos involved, too!
SFA88
At the beginning of the bb season, you wrote the WAC doesn't know what's coming. Boy, were you right! I thought the Ladyjacks would win but I had no idea they would stomp through the conference the way they did. The last time I saw them do that was when they went from being an independent to joining a weak Gulf Star Conference.
jboy93
Doing a lot of desk work so I have the 1st women's game on in the background. Seattle and UTRGV in a tight game going into the 4th period. I will say the WAC has done a great job with the broadcast! Something to look forward to but I guess that is to be expected for the tournament.
Pilotgirl
SFA88 said:

At the beginning of the bb season, you wrote the WAC doesn't know what's coming. Boy, were you right! I thought the Ladyjacks would win but I had no idea they would stomp through the conference the way they did. The last time I saw them do that was when they went from being an independent to joining a weak Gulf Star Conference.
Uh-oh! Someone pays attention to what I post?! LOL

Just hope we can keep up that pace of play this week...I think we can!
nacluth
UTRGV fresh off their SFA win hit another 87 threes to down Seattle.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

13 for 36. 36%.

After the game their coach said they turn the ball over a lot, so "let's shoot it before we turn it over. And 3 points is better than 2,"
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

nacluth said:

13 for 36. 36%.

After the game their coach said they turn the ball over a lot, so "let's shoot it before we turn it over. And 3 points is better than 2,"

Lol wonder why he didn't make that adjustment sooner!? They will eventually start missing.
nacluth
Lamar advances over NMSU on the women's side.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

Lamar advances over NMSU on the women's side.

Lamar vs Sam Houston tomorrow!

UTRGV will play ACU.
nacluth
UTRGV beats a pretty good ACU club. They hit 8 threes in the first half to have the halftime lead, and even though they only hit one more, they finished off the Wildcats. On to the quarters for the first underdog win of the WAC tournament.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

UTRGV beats a pretty good ACU club. They hit 8 threes in the first half to have the halftime lead, and even though they only hit one more, they finished off the Wildcats. On to the quarters for the first underdog win of the WAC tournament.

Their efficiency is decreasing with each game...14, 13, 9. I'll take another match up with them in case they beat UVU! I honestly can't remember the UVU team.
nacluth
Sam outscores Lamar in the fourth to advance.

Thursday quarterfinals:
UTRGV vs. Utah Valley
Sam Houston vs. Cal Baptist
SFAJack_76
UTRGV up by 3 at the half, and then blown out. Got dominated inside in the second half.Three games in three days.

UVU it is. We played them one time, with that game being in Orem. We jumped on them 21-3 in the first quarter, then essentially played them even to win by 15. I expect this to be a very competitive game.
Pilotgirl
A close one between SAM and CBU. SAM up 34 to 32 at the half.
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

A close one between SAM and CBU. SAM up 34 to 32 at the half.

CBU wins a tough game. They will play GCU tomorrow.

Final Four is set.
nacluth
Ok Ladyjacks, I'm going to need you to turn around this spring break trip for my family. They don't need me to be in a foul mood all weekend. They would like the happy generous me willing to buy pizza and overpriced souvenirs. Right now they are being told to double up on the motel's oatmeal.

Please please please destroy UVU.
TallTexan
Let's do this.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Ladies need to settle in and play their game.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Multiple shots have rimmed out. Could easily have had 8 more points.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Johnson was completely neutralized by the UVU zone in the 1st qtr. Missed 3 close up shots. She needs to shake off the frustration and stay after it.
djsfw57
I wish someone would tell the announcer Stephanie is not from Switzerland.
jboy93
Nice play at the end of the period. We have to use our quickness to continue to cause them problems. See the "dancing lady" made it to Vegas. Good for her!
jboy93
Well that's not the way to start a period!~!!
BigJack85
Shooting. Not unlike the men last night. Can't hit ANYTHING. Inside or outside.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.