Ladyjacks vs Chicago State

7,296 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TallTexan
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S***oJacks, welcome to the message board. Hang around and post. This is generally a congenial board, with some pretty strong opinions. We all have a love for SFA in common. We need more posters.
Pilotgirl
S***oJacks said:

Imagine ridiculing a first year announcer that seems to love basketball as much as you. There's a reason you aren't working there let alone playing on the court. But by all means prove us wrong and try out for the position.
#gojacks

I have a FT job and a whole different profession that makes wayyyy more $$, but thanks for the rec! Lol
If you read thru the forum, I'm not the only one who has pointed out criticism with our announcers. I find it interesting tho, that, as a woman, I'm the only one who has been singled out as critiquing them. All I did was point out the discrepancy in names, which he corrected. Names are important. But whatever.
I quoted what they said in regards to a 19 point lead as they reported that our Ladies hadn't broken away from Chi State yet. What?! How in the world does that make sense?!! IMO, the girls have to meet a higher standard than the men. If we don't beat an opponent by 30+, well something is wrong!! That's just my opinion. But they brought that up too---I didn't even comment on that.
I'll keep supporting our Ladies because that's what I do....as well as several others. But PLEASE....read thru these threads and comment on others opinions of the announcers as well.
SFAgoJacks
"Makes way more money." Man you are just the best aren't you. Some people don't look towards money when following a passion. You must fill so mistreated tho. Your life seems miserable . But you do you Pilotgirl. Have a good day at work where you make way more money than everybody else.
Pilotgirl
Lol I didn't say that...I was implying why I wouldn't want that job while I have another that makes more $$ and profession ive been in for 15 years?? I have no desire to be a sports announcer haha

Again, I implore you to read through these threads to see others who have criticized the announcers throughout the season....and no backlash against them. So, why me? Literally just posting what they said on the broadcast...
SFAgoJacks
Again…I just saw your comments of you continuing to ridicule for no reason. But good for you lady. We can agree to disagree.
You can continue to be the perfect little cheerleader that you are I would think a person your age would be a little more professional.
SFA Jack Fanatic
S***oJacks said:

"Makes way more money." Man you are just the best aren't you. Some people don't look towards money when following a passion. You must fill so mistreated tho. Your life seems miserable . But you do you Pilotgirl. Have a good day at work where you make way more money than everybody else.
Perhaps you need to find a different forum. Pilotgirl is ten times the Ladyjack and Jack fan that you are and has been offering opinions on here for a long, long, long time. She travels thousands of miles to their games. If this is the way you're going to post, then you need to hit the exit as quickly as you came in. Want to talk Ladyjacks and Jacks athletics, fine. Want to attack others? Heck no!

When someone new (with TWO WHOLE POSTS in their history) comes on board and immediately starts attacking a respected long term member (with several thousand posts) about one innocent comment, it irks me to the core. YOU have irked me to the core. Change your ways or go away.
SFAgoJacks
I understand that but I have been a long time follower as well. It irks me to the core to see "a huge fan" ridicule someone who is new to the career of there choosing and is doing the best they possible can for our school. Ridiculing someone over the littlest mistakes then proceeding to flaunt that they make way more money is what bothers me.
TallTexan
To the 1st year announcer on here, I'll offer you the same advice we give player parents:

Please don't take the forum personally. We know you're learning but this is our place to cheer, vent, and generally be lunatics. Happy to have you post and contribute and we want to see you do well. But our comments may end up a little more critical than that. Yes technically this is a public forum but we try not to flame folks on twitter or much more public socials, here we're a little more loose. You'll grow into the job and by all means, we're not broadcasting experts so keep working on your craft.

To SFA_GoJacks, go away. Do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars. Just go.
TallTexan
S***oJacks said:

I understand that but I have been a long time follower as well. It irks me to the core to see "a huge fan" ridicule someone who is new to the career of there choosing and is doing the best they possible can for our school. Ridiculing someone over the littlest mistakes then proceeding to flaunt that they make way more money is what bothers me.
You said "let's see you tryout for the team". That wasn't in good faith and you can get lost.
SFAgoJacks
But her flaunting she makes "wayyyy more money" has a faithful meaning lol. Like you said we all have opinions. You have a good day man. Conversation in the past.
Walks pass go and collects the 200 dollars^^
TallTexan
S***oJacks said:

But her flaunting she makes "wayyyy more money" has a faithful meaning lol. Like you said we all have opinions. You have a good day man. Conversation in the past.
Walks pass go and collects the 200 dollars^^

I like to think that everyone & everything has a place in this SFA program. Some are players. Some fans. Some are employees Some are boosters. Some are toilets, whose job is to have a grin on their face while full of ***** You're definitely the latter.

But when we need you, we're glad you're there.
TallTexan
And for the record and no disrespect to our announcer on here who's actively working on his craft, the W girls would make fantastic announcers if they lived in Nac.

Would make SFA WBB even more must see tv.
SFAgoJacks
Oh man. Took you that long to come up with that huh. How many proofreads did you do before you pressed send.
Like I said…have a good day man. The conversation is over but you felt the need to make an immature remark again.
SFAgoJacks
Just find it funny coming from the guy who "speaks good faith."
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

S***oJacks said:

I like to think that everyone & everything has a place in this SFA program. Some are players. Some fans. Some are employees Some are boosters. Some are toilets, whose job is to have a grin on their face while full of ***** You're definitely the latter.

POST OF THE DAY, Texan!!

(When a new Bozo discovers this forum and immediately gets three of the most respected and mild-mannered Sawmillers upset with his nonsensical ranting over nothing, he's really a work of art. There's always one in every crowd.)
TallTexan
S***oJacks said:

Oh man. Took you that long to come up with that huh. How many proofreads did you do before you pressed send.
Like I said…have a good day man. The conversation is over but you felt the need to make an immature remark again.
Lol so you get to decide to add some criticism and then the conversation is over because you declare it so?

Sorry that getting ready for my job and eating breakfast perturbed your delicate sense of timing. I did come up with that one handed while brushing my teeth though, so you're welcome.

We don't suffer stupidity gladly around here. If we did, we'd have went to Sam.
SFAgoJacks
LMAOO. So sorry I offended the most "elite" people on a public forum. How can I ever make it up to y'all. Y'all dish out criticism and remarks but when someone gives it back it's not okay. I encourage you to reread everything you have been saying and then confidently say you are acting your age.
Yours truly,
The Bozo
Bleedpurple22
I understand this is where y'all come to vent and criticize. These girls play a 40 minute long game, which in reality is much longer. So in a 40 minute span you have found 2 errors, I would like for you to think objectively. Do you honestly believe you would have made just two errors? Because I know I would have made many more. But instead of being understanding of the errors you went straight to attacking the announcer who takes time out of his day and broadcast a game you can't be at so that you can listen in. Let that sink in. You have attacked his broadcasting ability, the amount of money he gets paid, and you have suggested he is sexist multiple times. Which by the way, I listened to the game and even know you are a long member, you have lost all credibility with a comment that has no supporting facts. So instead of criticism and hate why don't you come on here and share what the announcer could do better, instead of ridicule him with sarcasm and hate. Be thankful you have him to listen to for the game instead of a Twitter feed. Or at worst case, go take a seat next to him, that's the only way you will understand the difficulty of walking on egg shells and playing with your wording to please people like yourself. Thank you. #BleedPurple #5goingto1
TallTexan
S***oJacks said:

LMAOO. So sorry I offended the most "elite" people on a public forum. How can I ever make it up to y'all. Y'all dish out criticism and remarks but when someone gives it back it's not okay. I encourage you to reread everything you have been saying and then confidently say you are acting your age.
Yours truly,
The Bozo
We're not offended, we just think you're a horse's ass. There's a diference.

Idk what your age is but you're acting like a petulant 3rd grader. One day your maturity level will catchup with the age on your driver's license and you'll understand why your attacks are different than having commentary on a fan forum.. Until that day, be gone.
SFAgoJacks
You told me to "don't go pass go or collect 200 dollars…just leave" and then following up with other ridiculous comments. Look yourself in the mirror my friend
TallTexan
Good heavens we've got a lot of new folks today.

I'd say the more the merrier, but it has not been merrier, just baseless attacks on longtime posters who do nothing but support our teams and our programs.
SFAgoJacks
I can't lie I think it's entertaining that you truly think you are just some innocent bystander when you are the one throwing ridiculous comments towards me.
TallTexan
S***oJacks said:

I can't lie I think it's entertaining that you truly think you are just some innocent bystander when you are the one throwing ridiculous comments towards me.

Oh no, I stand by the comments I made about you. Let that be clear.
Bleedpurple22
I'm sorry, I must have typed and read something different than yourself. I have shared no hate nor have I criticized anyone. I come here to see scores of games I did not get to listen in on or just when I want to read comments. Please, feel free to quote the part of my sharing hate with the women I had replied too. Thank you.
Pilotgirl
Bleedpurple22 said:

I understand this is where y'all come to vent and criticize. These girls play a 40 minute long game, which in reality is much longer. So in a 40 minute span you have found 2 errors, I would like for you to think objectively. Do you honestly believe you would have made just two errors? Because I know I would have made many more. But instead of being understanding of the errors you went straight to attacking the announcer who takes time out of his day and broadcast a game you can't be at so that you can listen in. Let that sink in. You have attacked his broadcasting ability, the amount of money he gets paid, and you have suggested he is sexist multiple times. Which by the way, I listened to the game and even know you are a long member, you have lost all credibility with a comment that has no supporting facts. So instead of criticism and hate why don't you come on here and share what the announcer could do better, instead of ridicule him with sarcasm and hate. Be thankful you have him to listen to for the game instead of a Twitter feed. Or at worst case, go take a seat next to him, that's the only way you will understand the difficulty of walking on egg shells and playing with your wording to please people like yourself. Thank you. #BleedPurple #5goingto1
Again, plenty of fans have criticized our announcers. Why is it ok to to single me out for this? So yes, as a woman, that is sexist, in my perception. We comment on ALL announcers, just not SFA's.
I was not ridiculing him for the money he makes or doesn't make. Just that I don't want a position where I would make less (and I know this is SFA and our pay scale isn't up to par with some of our peers; I hope that improves). I've never wanted to be an announcer and have a successful career, so why would I leave that?. That person was being more than sarcastic explaining that I should interview for that position, so I gave a sarcastic response.
I don't need anyone's credibility...why should I? And why does it bother people so much? Not everyone is going to agree with your opinion. Part of growing as a professional is ignoring some comments. You can't tell me that all of Duke's fans are awesome and only have rave things to say about their announcers. This is that same context. We all, at some level or another, have to deal with negative and positive critiques in our workplaces. This is the same thing. I've never known announcers to DM fans and tell them they know nothing about sports and their opinion does not matter because they aren't an athlete. But here we are. That tells me a lot in and of itself.
SFAgoJacks
The feelings are mutual. I think you are a clown
SFAgoJacks
Don't waste your breathe towards this lady. If you look at her old posts she has a record of believing she is a minority and has no filter
Bleedpurple22
I read the announcers comments, he never once said anything negative to you or anyone else on the feed. To be honest, he took it much better than I would have. Like I said I come here to see games and read the occasional comment. It just so happens I only saw you and another person being sarcastic back and forth spreading hate. It was a 50/50 chance and you were the one who got chosen. I have shared no hate, I understand my opinion may be nothing to you and that is fine. I just wanted to share my opinion, he said it's his first year. I urge you, don't be the reason I have to watch a Twitter feed because a young announcer stops announcing because grown women believe in hate and negativity over encouragement and positivity. Like i said, think objectively, if you were him, would you have taken your comments so well?……. I would have not. Last comment before I am done, you are not a minority, you're a women that can do anything you put your mind too. Like you said you make good money, you're already above a large % of this country. You're on top, stop playing victim. Thank you, have a good day. #positivityisnothard
PurpleOut
Staff
BigJack85
PurpleOut said:

True dat.
nacluth
I'm on vacation.

SFAJack_76
Good grief. I went to a softball game and came back to whatever that was. I wish I had just skipped ahead. Playground stuff.
pa guy
Just a quick follow-up from the dad of 'TalkingSports'. I must compliment him on a huge accomplishment from that game. He borrowed my old sportscoat since he was going to actually be in front of the camera at the Ladyjack game. He was able to button the top button of that coat, something I have not been able to accomplish for over 25 years. That is all. #IGottaLoseSomeWeight
TallTexan
pa guy said:

Just a quick follow-up from the dad of 'TalkingSports'. I must compliment him on a huge accomplishment from that game. He borrowed my old sportscoat since he was going to actually be in front of the camera at the Ladyjack game. He was able to button the top button of that coat, something I have not been able to accomplish for over 25 years. That is all. #IGottaLoseSomeWeight
Uh oh, family rivalry now.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.