Ladyjacks vs Chicago State

7,337 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TallTexan
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76
A game preview! Don't remember the last time I saw one of these.
nacluth
I'm sorry I'll miss this game but I bet they will handle business.
nacluth
Ladyjacks up to #5 in the midmajor poll ahead of Gonzaga.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Ladyjacks up to #5 in the midmajor poll ahead of Gonzaga.
... and Portland.
nacluth
On the plane!
BigJack85
nacluth said:

On the plane!

Ryan. Total rock star Lumberjack. Axe 'Em Jacks
Pilotgirl
Number 1 thing to probably learn by now as an announcer: the players names. How in the world can you get Nugent and Johnson confused at this point??
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

Number 1 thing to probably learn by now as an announcer: the players names. How in the world can you get Nugent and Johnson confused at this point??

Particularly when Zya isn't even suited up.
TalkingSports
SFAJack_76 said:

Pilotgirl said:

Honest mistake did not mean to mistake the two. We are currently dealing with some technical difficulties here in the coliseum. Thank you for letting me know.
Pilotgirl
20 point lead without Zya....I say that's pretty dang good! Plenty of playing time for our younger players to get more experience, too
Pilotgirl
TalkingSports said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Pilotgirl said:

Honest mistake did not mean to mistake the two. We are currently dealing with some technical difficulties here in the coliseum. Thank you for letting me know.

And saying that a 19 to 22 point lead over an opponent isn't 'breaking away' from them ?? Wow...what does WBB need to do to impress? Would you say the same if the men were playing? Hmmmm
Pilotgirl
And thats without 2 key players...
Pilotgirl
That's exactly where our scoring margin is this year... around the 21 point mark.
Pilotgirl
Hoping this 30 point lead is enough to break away from this team...
MasterAxe
Pilotgirl said:

Nope. Gotta be 40, minimum.
Pilotgirl
MasterAxe said:

Pilotgirl said:

Whew, glad I know the barometer now! I'll let the team who is Top 5 in 5 categories in the NCAA in on that information!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

So, what's the injury status on those two?
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

I have no inside info but I imagine Zya will be back soon. She's taken a lot of charges and landed on that ankle weird a couple times. So I think it's a good that she can rest a bit.
I wouldn't bet on AB being back, but again, I don't have any insider knowledge.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

I have no inside info but I imagine Zya will be back soon. She's taken a lot of charges and landed on that ankle weird a couple times. So I think it's a good that she can rest a bit.
AB out for the season??? What is her injury?
TalkingSports
Pilotgirl said:

MasterAxe said:

Pilotgirl said:

Whew, glad I know the barometer now! I'll let the team who is Top 5 in 5 categories in the NCAA in on that information!
Not trying to start an argument, I am human, I make mistakes. I loved watching the Ladyjacks play basketball as a kid and I do now. This is my first year calling games on TV and I really enjoy doing it. The Ladyjacks had a great game despite being wihout 2 players. Yes, they were up by a lot in the 3 quarter, but I was trying to portray that the courgars were making a strong effort in the 3 quarter in which they out scored the Ladyjacks in, I did not try to make it seem like a 20+lead is not a lot. I am sorry if it came off the wrong way. I love reading the comments in here whether it is the girls games or guys games. Again, it is my first year and I appreciate any and all feedback. I do not mind being called out on a mistake and I will gladly correct it, but don't think that I am biased whether I am broadcasting a Lumberjack game or Ladyjack game. I will always call games to the best of my ability.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

Our coaches don't talk about injuries. I don't talk about injuries.
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

I don't know if she is or not, but that's my guess. For whatever it is worth lol like I said, I don't have any insider info on her injury or timeline for her return.
SFAJack_76
Insane stat line. Also no turnovers, no fouls, two assists, and two steals.
Pilotgirl
I love this team so much!
SFAJack_76
UVU 58 GCU 50. Ladyjacks with a 3 game lead over GCU and CBU. Seven games left.
SFAJack_76
Good to see Bri Scott back. Lombard is starting to take minutes from Angel Scott. Attendance 1,329.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

UVU 58 GCU 50. Ladyjacks with a 3 game lead over GCU and CBU. Seven games left.

Woohoo!
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

Good to see Bri Scott back. Lombard is starting to take minutes from Angel Scott. Attendance 1,329.

Bri Scott AKA Angel's sister lol
Ljacks&Longnecks
Talking Sports, I would say your work is appreciated here. We understand you are new to the microphone and play calling. I would say your calling has stepped up as the season rolls on. Encourage you to keep working on your craft and you will be fine. Also appreciate that while you are SFA's announcer you don't seem to go too overboard as a homer as many play callers do. And...you are far from the first broadcaster to miss on the correct identity of a player. Would like to think we can cut you some slack on that as we would a freshman player making a mistake.
Pilotgirl
Yeah, I think yall are missing the point here but that's OK.
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Bri Scott AKA Angel's sister lol

Lombard is a scrappy player. I like her...I think she will do well as a Ladyjack.
BigJack85
TalkingSports said:

Pilotgirl said:

MasterAxe said:

Pilotgirl said:

Not trying to start an argument, I am human, I make mistakes. I loved watching the Ladyjacks play basketball as a kid and I do now. This is my first year calling games on TV and I really enjoy doing it. The Ladyjacks had a great game despite being wihout 2 players. Yes, they were up by a lot in the 3 quarter, but I was trying to portray that the courgars were making a strong effort in the 3 quarter in which they out scored the Ladyjacks in, I did not try to make it seem like a 20+lead is not a lot. I am sorry if it came off the wrong way. I love reading the comments in here whether it is the girls games or guys games. Again, it is my first year and I appreciate any and all feedback. I do not mind being called out on a mistake and I will gladly correct it, but don't think that I am biased whether I am broadcasting a Lumberjack game or Ladyjack game. I will always call games to the best of my ability.

Keep working. You guys are appreciated. It's a craft.
SFAJack_76
Elite, indeed.
SFAgoJacks
Imagine ridiculing a first year announcer that seems to love basketball as much as you. There's a reason you aren't working there let alone playing on the court. But by all means prove us wrong and try out for the position.
#gojacks
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.