SFA / Dixie State

5,450 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by nacluth
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No I'm saying we need guys to give our guards a break. We can't just keep rotating David, Latrell, Jaylin, and Nigel. Willis is by far the best 5th option right now. I think Tezeno and Cofer have potential, but whenever Tezeno has gotten in at speed (not trash minutes), he's been left behind. Honestly I think Cofer has done better in his 2 minutes. You obviously don't like Willis, but at least our team isn't tanking when he's in. I can't say the same for Aku.
purpleballs
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

nacluth said:

Yep. Willis rarely makes defensive mistakes which is better than the alternatives.
So you're saying, "He contributes absolutely nothing on offense but he's not as bad as the alternatives on defense." Geez Louise....

Any coach worth a crap would tell you they would prefer defense over offense.
No-look
Willis holds his own on defense and can occasionally hit a three. Decent sub…. Would love for Aku to produce. Maybe play him more in situations where game is not on the line.

Any players reading this? If so, you know what to work on. Lol
nacluth
Let me say in defense of Aku, that at least he's big. Guys do have to play around him which slows the players down for the help defense. He plays big. One thing Jovan could never do was get big. He was the smallest 7 footer ever. Aku soaked up minutes yesterday for Kensmil and I was happy about it.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

nacluth said:

Yep. Willis rarely makes defensive mistakes which is better than the alternatives.
So you're saying, "He contributes absolutely nothing on offense but he's not as bad as the alternatives on defense." Geez Louise....
He doesn't turn the ball over on offense. For eating a few minutes, that is a huge contribution.
BigJack85
nacluth said:

Let me say in defense of Aku, that at least he's big. Guys do have to play around him which slows the players down for the help defense. He plays big. One thing Jovan could never do was get big. He was the smallest 7 footer ever. Aku soaked up minutes yesterday for Kensmil and I was happy about it.

Aku made a meaningful contribution last night. For sure.
jboy93
How about Nana? I expected him to make headway this year but for the very untrained eye, he seems about the same as last year. Not great hands either.
TallTexan
jboy93 said:

How about Nana? I expected him to make headway this year but for the very untrained eye, he seems about the same as last year. Not great hands either.
Losing Cox hurt. Best big man coach in the country.

However, I still think Nana will develop nicely as an upper classman. However, should point out with his willingness(and ability) to shoot the 3 that he probably views himself as a 4 vs a 5.
nacluth
jboy93 said:

Advanced metrics says he just beats out Nigel for the 8th best player on the team. Not a fair comparison as they play two different positions. Nigel gets more minutes, scores slightly more and handles the ball a little better. Nana rebounds better, has huge blocks, and the team does better when he's in over Nigel.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.