SFA / Utah Valley

4,066 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BigJack85
Ljacks&Longnecks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Solomon was the man tonight. Our Bigs shutdown their inside game well. Never heard much about their big guy.
Great effort, hopefully more in the tank as we get into February/March.
jboy93
Best box score from top to bottom all year.
Rev007
Really happy how the team has looked the past two games. Gavin and Calvin are stepping up. I'm looking forward to see Posey and Hall take their game to the next level. Nice rotation tonight!
BigJack85
Really solid win. Not to many "lifeless" minutes. Seemed to really thrive toward the beginning of the 2nd.
BigJack85
These guys are good.
nacluth
GCU and Cal Baptist up at the half. Let's hope those results stand up.
nacluth
Nice 15 point pop in KenPom with the solid win.
nacluth
Keller revealed that Kalcheries has been dealing with a bum foot for a little while. I think we all new he was struggling. Hopefully he can get back to full quickness.
No-look
Our defense was really good. Good overall game. This type of play can win the WAC tourney
PurpleOut
Staff
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I was surprised by how ineffective that Aimaq was. He did not look athletic at all. His best skills were dunking and being 6'11". How the heck was he POY in the WAC last year??
Dude is really good. Even after last night he's averaging 18.8 PPG and 13.4 RBG. But he's their entire team. He didn't struggle last night, we just took him out of the game and limited his touches for the most part.
PurpleOut
Staff
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Merrill calling the game tonight. He seems to be consistently improving behind the mic.
He's great. The color guy however is brutal. Was texting with the WACHoopsDigest guy last night about it.

Last night he said at least twice...with about 10 minutes to go and 8 minutes to go...that another bucket would seal the game. Stuff like that drives me nuts, especially being the superstitious fan that I am.
PurpleOut
Staff
Great overall performance last night.

Hawkins didn't shoot well, but he didn't play bad. In fact I thought he was actually a key player on offense, as for the first time in a long time, he was a guard that was able to penetrate off the dribble and get a jump shot or force a double team.

JJP we all love I know, but I don't think he gets enough credit as a freshman. His performance last night I thought was fantastic. Especially on the defensive end, even with the fouls late.

Hall as well, who in fact might be my player of the season thus far. His ability to get offensive boards is incredible. I'd love to see a 2nd chance points stat just based off of him alone.

Mentioned it last night as well, but we have a very favorable schedule this month. Dixie State, Chicago State x2, Lamar, and then both Sam and ACU at home. Huge stretch for us to try to get into the Top 4.
SFAXE93
Looking at the schedule, I'm still thinking outside chance of winning the WAC regular season.

DIXIE STATE
@CHICAGO STATE
CHICAGO STATE
@LAMAR
SAM HOUSTON
ABILENE CHRISTIAN
@NEW MEXICO STATE (This one will be tough as the Aggies handled SFA pretty good in Nacogdoches)
@UTRGV
SFAXE93
Kensmil and Solomon are starting to take off at the right time

Last 3 games

KENSMIL

UTAH VALLEY - PTS:19; REB:6;BLK:1
CBU - PTS:37;REB:5;AST:2
SEATTLE - PTS:19;REB:14;AST:3;BLK:1

SOLOMON

UTAH VALLEY - PTS:15;REB:11;AST:1;BLK:2;STL:3
CBU - PTS:12;REB:4;AST:4;BLK:3;STL:2
SEATTLE - PTS:12;REB:9;STL:1
nacluth
Though only being two and a half back with 8 to play, it would still take a huge swing of luck to get through the four teams in front to win the conference. So far none of them have dropped a game to an opponent outside the top 5 except for Sam and our losses to Tarleton.

nacluth
No-look
Where's Master Axe's insight on the game? Do we need to check on him?
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

Though only being two and a half back with 8 to play, it would still take a huge swing of luck to get through the four teams in front to win the conference. So far none of them have dropped a game to an opponent outside the top 5 except for Sam and our losses to Tarleton.
Yeah, kind of the reason why I wanted Seattle to win last night, and really win out. I'd rather them hand more loses to the teams between us. Top 4 will be a success for me right now.

Remember in our tournament the top 10 teams make it in. 7-10 play in the first round, 5 and 6 seeds play in the 2nd round.
nacluth
Top 4 seeds get double byes. Edit: top two teams have triple byes.

Only the number one seed has won in the last decade. 2017 SFA was the only team at Katy to win from deeper than the semifinals.
sfajack05
Didn't get a chance to watch the game last night but looks like the team is starting to hit their stride. I don't see us pulling out the regular season title but I'll take us going in hot at the tournament.

That NMSU game will be able to tell us a lot.
BigJack85
Ya. Looks like some good mojo developing. Axe 'Em Jacks.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.