SFA / Lamar

8,912 Views | 121 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by RedRiverLa
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Gavin Did Not step on the baseline. I'm sitting right in front of it!
They overturned that?
MasterAxe
Cancel the season.
nacluth
Why is Cam in and Roti out?
TallTexan
Coach Cox is livid.
MasterAxe
MasterAxe said:

Cancel the season.
Hold tight. As I complain, UCA is up late on ACU.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Why is Cam in and Roti out?
I have no idea.
nacluth
Well we were always playing with a razor thin wire with ACU and Sam, but there went our season title.
nacluth
UCA won. Four teams with two losses.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Well we were always playing with a razor thin wire with ACU and Sam, but there went our season title.
Yep. Was not our night. I'm not sure what's going on with Cam, but we need him to get back in it.

Let's just win out to spite ACU & Sam.
MasterAxe
TallTexan said:

nacluth said:

Yep. Was not our night. I'm not sure what's going on with Cam, but we need him to get back in it.

Help me understand why us winning out still isn't a regular season title?
RedRiverLa
We're very good most of the time, but we just haven't felt like a conference championship caliber team.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
MasterAxe
nacluth said:

We could have made a **** ton of money on a UCA/Lamar parlay.
No-look
Season title just flew away. Championship teams don't play that poorly when everything is on the line. Sloppy ball handling and turnovers won't win it. Road wins are hard but you have grind it out. We gave and Lamar took it.
TallTexan
MasterAxe said:

nacluth said:

We could have made a **** ton of money on a UCA/Lamar parlay.

And I'd still have been mad about it lol.
nacluth
I take it back. If we win out, we'll tie with Nicholls - assuming they win out. All the top teams will only get 15 games in. I thought Nicholls was getting all 16 which we leave them a half game up. We win out we can still do it. Three super tough games in 7 days. All hand on deck.
MasterAxe
No-look said:

Season title just flew away. Championship teams don't play that poorly when everything is on the line. Sloppy ball handling and turnovers won't win it. Road wins are hard but you have grind it out. We gave and Lamar took it.
Please help me understand how winning out isnt enough?
TallTexan
MasterAxe said:

TallTexan said:

nacluth said:

Help me understand why us winning out still isn't a regular season title?

Actually I think you're right. That'd give us the tie breaker vs Sam, & put ACU at 3 losses.

That said, I'm sure the new Southland points system would find a way to screw that up somehow. Probably a Nicholls bonus in there somewhere.
No-look
MasterAxe said:

No-look said:

I guess we could get a share of the title with ACU. But we would have to play at a much higher level that this evening.
nacluth
As we're posting UNO has come back from an 8 point deficit to draw even with Nicholls. Nicholls has the easiest schedule left. Today at UNO then against McNeese. If they win both, they are at least champs. Someone else with two losses can be co-champs.
TallTexan
Wait, the UCA game is Monday?

We've been able to bounce back from bad games, but I'm not sure we can pull off 4 games in 8 days when the last two are top 4 teams.
PurpleOut
Staff
Abysmal performance. On the road or not, Lamar is a really bad team.

Since I led with how bad we played, am I allowed to make a comment on the officiating?
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Since I led with how bad we played, am I allowed to make a comment on the officiating?

MasterAxe
PurpleOut said:

I'll allow it. I actually liked how they let the game play physical. Sure, couple of missed calls, but we played like total dog****

The big man for LU was completely in our heads. Numerous blocks and many more missed bunnies due to his presence

SFA Jack Fanatic
As I was walking out a man yelled "You bunch of cheaters!" Took me a second to realize that he was yelling at me.

He then said "Ya'll should have been ruled ineligible for three years!"

I held my tongue and said nothing. That was some great sportsmanship right there. The jealousy was strong in that one.
cboothe09
Lamar played well. Planned well for us defensively and gave us fits. We played like doo doo.
Refs were inconsistent but inconsistent with both teams. Don't think they did enough to influence the game, but they did enough to piss some people off myself included).
We knew this was going to be a big week with the NCAA verdict coming down. Gotta lock it in next week. We can still take home the regular season title...
No-look
MasterAxe said:

No-look said:

Never mind me. I speak as one with no knowledge of my conversation. Lol
Pilotgirl
Watching the end of Nicholls vs UNO right now ...
Sfa05
Anyone know what's going on with Cam? Any personal stuff? He hasn't been even close to the same guy. I would understand if he was seeing doubles and defenses key on him but he's not.
Pilotgirl
I know his mom and sister had/have covid...
nacluth
UNO blew a 6 point lead with a minute left and a 3 point lead with 2.8 seconds. Going to OT.
MasterAxe
nacluth said:

UNO blew a 6 point lead with a minute left and a 3 point lead with 2.8 seconds. Going to OT.

Same guy went 2/4 on FT in the last 10 seconds.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

Why the H didn't they do a full court press there?
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

nacluth said:

Why the H didn't they do a full court press there?

UNO allows Nicholls to control the OT...I can't watch anymore lol
nacluth
Remaining games for the four two loss teams:

Nicholls: McNeese (away)

Sam: Corpus, SFA (both home)

ACU: SFA (away), UIW (home)

SFA: UCA (away), ACU (home), Sam (away)

Obviously Nicholls has the easiest chance to get a share of the championship with one game left at McNeese. SFA has the hardest with two road games and a very tough home game. Each team controls their destiny for a share of the regular season title.

My guess is that Nicholls and one other team are co-champs. If SFA loses both to ACU/Sam, then it will be a three way champ. It will be an extremely hard week for SFA, but this is our postseason. If we want anything out of this year, it is time now to win.
PurpleOut
Staff
Nicholls also plays Northwestern State at home on Monday.

If we wanted anything out of this season, it was already the time to win. We didn't look inspired tonight, and got an equivalent result.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.