SFA / Lamar

8,919 Views | 121 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by RedRiverLa
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

As I was walking out a man yelled "You bunch of cheaters!" Took me a second to realize that he was yelling at me.

He then said "Ya'll should have been ruled ineligible for three years!"

I held my tongue and said nothing. That was some great sportsmanship right there. The jealousy was strong in that one.

Ed I demand you go back and defend our honor! I'll send Nacluth as backup.
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

As I was walking out a man yelled "You bunch of cheaters!" Took me a second to realize that he was yelling at me.

I held my tongue and said nothing. That was some great sportsmanship right there. The jealousy was strong in that one.

Ed I demand you go back and defend our honor! I'll send Nacluth as backup.

I'm proud of Ed for not engaging. Unfortunately, the Wilbourn Girls wouldn't have been as strong as we tend to have...ummm, well let's just say...we curse like sailors. So I'm glad we didnt go Lol
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan said:

MasterAxe said:

TallTexan said:

nacluth said:

Well we were always playing with a razor thin wire with ACU and Sam, but there went our season title.
Yep. Was not our night. I'm not sure what's going on with Cam, but we need him to get back in it.

Let's just win out to spite ACU & Sam.
Help me understand why us winning out still isn't a regular season title?

Actually I think you're right. That'd give us the tie breaker vs Sam, & put ACU at 3 losses.

That said, I'm sure the new Southland points system would find a way to screw that up somehow. Probably a Nicholls bonus in there somewhere.

We cannot win a title by winning out, we're not considering Nicholls State. If they win out, only Sam can share with them.

Current points/max points:

Sam: 33/42
ACU: 34/40
SFA: 31/40
Nicholls: 36/42

Nicholls has to lose.
nacluth
Ahh. I think the points only count towards tournament seeding unless I read the press release wrong. However, the extra game (which didn't show up on ESPN) does allow Nicholls to have a half game advantage over everyone else. They do have to lose or they will win by .5 games.
PurpleOut
Staff
Point system is for regular season as well. My math is based on their previous release: https://www.southland.org/documents/2021/2/23/Men2_22.pdf
nacluth
nacluth said:

Remaining games for the four two loss teams:

Nicholls: Northwestern St. (home), McNeese (away)

Sam: Corpus, SFA (both home)

ACU: SFA (away), UIW (home)

SFA: UCA (away), ACU (home), Sam (away)

Updated

Nicholls has the chance to win the title by playing all 16 conference games. the other three teams have only played 15. They will win based on more wins which translates to more points.
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

nacluth said:

Remaining games for the four two loss teams:

Nicholls: Northwestern St. (home), McNeese (away)

Sam: Corpus, SFA (both home)

ACU: SFA (away), UIW (home)

SFA: UCA (away), ACU (home), Sam (away)

Updated

Nicholls has the chance to win the title by playing all 16 conference games. the other three teams have only played 15. They will win based on more wins which translates to more points.

I think you're looking somewhere that doesn't have updated schedules. Sam has at HBU on Monday as well.
nacluth
Well screw it.

Bottom line: we have to win out, Nicholls has to lose. Nicholls avoided playing SFA & ACU. Lost both to other title contender Sam. Definitely got a pass to a title.
RedRiverLa
What i saw tonight, I don't think this is going to be a pleasant upcoming week. Perhaps we are just worn out from the strain of this type of season.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
Jacks4460
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I would of just flipped the bird up in the air!!!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Discussion fodder: If the Jacks do not win the regular season title (which is looking likely), would that make our seniors more likely to want to stay for another year or more likely want to go their separate ways?
wahlwesle
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Discussion fodder: If the Jacks do not win the regular season title (which is looking likely), would that make our seniors more likely to want to stay for another year or more likely want to go their separate ways?

My guess is they have already made up their minds, regardless of the result of this season.
PurpleOut
Staff
Yeah I don't think it's a big deal on that decision either way. Next year everything is different and new.

This season has basically been a fake season for me. And I hate it.
Jacks4460
wahlwesle said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

My guess is they have already made up their minds, regardless of the result of this season.

This here..
Jacks4460
PurpleOut said:

Yeah I don't think it's a big deal on that decision either way. Next year everything is different and new.

This season has basically been a fake season for me. And I hate it.

I agree 100%.. we bow out of a who knows Covid tourney and come out next year Axes Choppin..
SFAJack_76
wahlwesle said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Wednesday will be senior night. What, if anything, do we learn? Both men and women.
BigJack85
Odds on who decides to stay?
RedRiverLa
BigJack85 said:

Odds on who decides to stay?

I'll go ahead and confirm. I'm staying. I look forward to being back in my regular seats. I won't deny that driving over from Shreveport on game day to eat at Super Yummy's or CCs played a part in the decision.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.