SFA / Texas A&M - Corpus Christi (2)

6,041 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TallTexan
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
10 and got his double double
jboy93
Limped to the finish line but I guess a 12 point win is good!
nacluth
Won the first 10 by 20. Let the Islanders win the last 30 by 8.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ugly, ugly half of basketball.
nacluth
100 wins for Keller!
nacluth
Cracks me up that SFA_MBB retweeted your post Ed. Do you think they were thinking, "he's got a valid point."

No-look
jboy93 said:

No Roti tonight. Not dressed but Posey has been very active in pre-game. Moving great!
Hoping Roti is back soon. Posey was moving MUCH better! I'm assuming he will redshirt this year?
SFAJack_76
No-look said:

jboy93 said:

No Roti tonight. Not dressed but Posey has been very active in pre-game. Moving great!
Hoping Roti is back soon. Posey was moving MUCH better! I'm assuming he will redshirt this year?
Due to Covid, everybody is essentially "redshirting" this year. I would be shocked to see Posey play in any of the remaining seven games. I do hear that he has a phenomenal attitude, and is ahead of schedule with his rehab.

Don't know about Roti. Two long bus rides ahead to New Orleans and Conway. Not good for a back. We need him fully recovered for the last three games against Lamar, ACU, and Sam.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ha! That surprised me, too, Ryan. I guess I'm not the only one who felt that way. It was pretty obvious, after all.
MasterAxe
nacluth said:

100 wins for Keller!
Maybe this is a dumb question.

100 on court wins, awesome.

Are the same 100 wins on paper? Did any of his early teams get nailed with the vacated stuff?
MasterAxe
MasterAxe said:

nacluth said:

100 wins for Keller!
Maybe this is a dumb question.

100 on court wins, awesome.

Are the same 100 wins on paper? Did any of his early teams get nailed with the vacated stuff?
Answered my own question via Twitter.

We seemed to have ignored the last sentence.

nacluth
Yeah, SFA has definitely continued to promote those wins and keep data on the website without notation. Both of which seem to be in violation of the settlement, but I don't know anything about how the NCAA actually polices that stuff.
TallTexan
Tell the NCAA Ol Cotton will be ready to meet them should they ever care to come to Nac and settle this dispute.

It's so dumb to say "hey, that coach doesn't have those wins."

We never should have cooperated with them in the first place and I'm fine with daring them to do something.
No-look
TallTexan said:

Tell the NCAA Ol Cotton will be ready to meet them should they ever care to come to Nac and settle this dispute.

We never should have cooperated with them in the first place and I'm fine with daring them to do something.
The scoreboard tells the tale.
MasterAxe
TallTexan said:

Agree: Those wins are real.

Disagree: These were the terms of the deal with the NCAA, to ignore the rules (that we also agreed to) seems childish.

As a friend of mine says, "If you go to court and agree to a plea deal, part of the deal is you uphold your end of the deal. If not, the deal is withdrawn and a more serious penalty is possible."
TallTexan
MasterAxe said:

TallTexan said:

Disagree: These were the terms of the deal with the NCAA, to ignore the rules (that we also agreed to) seems childish.

As a friend of mine says, "If you go to court and agree to a plea deal, part of the deal is you uphold your end of the deal. If not, the deal is withdrawn and a more serious penalty is possible."
If you go to court sure. There are real penalties & criminal law. The pissants of NCAA enforcement are scumbags on a powertrip & should be treated as such.
MasterAxe
TallTexan said:

MasterAxe said:

TallTexan said:

If you go to court sure. There are real penalties & criminal law. The pissants of NCAA enforcement are scumbags on a powertrip & should be treated as such.

No disagreement there. But, they still are the authority and for us to blatantly ignore the agreement (that we agreed to) is asking for that organization, as much as we despise it, to act against us, again.

Seems like an unnecessary risk.
TallTexan
I would prefer to see us toe the line in a blatant you can't touch me manner than be this direct. Take them out on all the technicalities. Every single one.

Give out a statue for 100 Dubs. Send out tweets about vacating the losses. Lease me a few spaces in the rafters at WRJ so I can advertise my NCAA banner preservation business, etc.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

The pissants of NCAA enforcement are scumbags on a powertrip & should be treated as such.

Wow. Tell us how you REALLY feel, Texan.
BigJack85
TallTexan said:

I would prefer to see us toe the line in a blatant you can't touch me manner than be this direct. Take them out on all the technicalities. Every single one.

Give out a statue for 100 Dubs. Send out tweets about vacating the losses. Lease me a few spaces in the rafters at WRJ so I can advertise my NCAA banner preservation business, etc.

Admittedly, I have varied somewhat on this subject. My general belief is that we were not treated equitably in the punishment dealt out. For that reason I often feel Tall Texans "defiance".
RedRiverLa
BigJack85 said:

TallTexan said:

Admittedly, I have varied somewhat on this subject. My general belief is that we were not treated equitably in the punishment dealt out. For that reason I often feel Tall Texans "defiance".

It does suck, but you can't ignore the ruling of the governing body you are a part of, no matter how much we think it sucks or we don't think it was fair. If they were unfair with the first ruling, how unfair will they be if they think we are blatantly breaking it? I do like the idea of Ole Cotton on a Come And Take It Flag. Defiant Texans are a thing of beauty!
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

TallTexan said:

The pissants of NCAA enforcement are scumbags on a powertrip & should be treated as such.

Wow. Tell us how you REALLY feel, Texan.
I have a higher opinion of some bearkats than I do of anyone who works for the NCAA.
SFASawmillGuy
It really makes you think if we would've been in any kind of trouble had not said anything. It was self reported. It's not like the NCAA went out and found it.

I absolutely love the integrity the department showed by cooperating and reporting the misconduct, which absolutely should have gone in the favor of the department for coming forward, but now we may be putting ourselves through more grief than it was worth.
TallTexan
SFA_03 said:

It really makes you think if we would've been in any kind of trouble had not said anything. It was self reported. It's not like the NCAA went out and found it.

I absolutely love the integrity the department showed by cooperating and reporting the misconduct, which absolutely should have gone in the favor of the department for coming forward, but now we may be putting ourselves through more grief than it was worth.
I'm glad we have integrity. I just wish the NCAA did.

If we'd just fixed it on our own & not reported it, the chances the NCAA would ever have known are about zero. It's a set of perverse incentives. You keep your own house in order & own up to your mistakes & they come down with the hammer.

But if you royally screw up everything, commit egregious acts enough that you're university has to hire a law team, the chance of the NCAA saying a word is slim to none.

It's an insane system.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.