SFA / Abilene Christian

21,743 Views | 179 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Pilotgirl
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

I'm actually looking forward to either ACU being upset in Katy or getting their ass kicked in the NCAA tournament, like last time
I'm looking forward to them getting their arses kicked in Nac on March 3.

Send these refs ans we'll kick two sets.
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan said:

That was tipped.

If you can't see that and call that...you shouldn't be an official. That's bad.
BigJack85
This is out of hand.
Rev007
Erase this one from the memory.
nacluth
This is a strong defensive team and they disrupted our rhythm from the get go. Not saying it should be this blowout, but the first half calls changed this second.
PurpleOut
Staff
We deserve to lose with these turnovers.

But I don't think I've seen a team get out shot and be up by 16.
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

This is a strong defensive team and they disrupted our rhythm from the get go. Not saying it should be this blowout, but the first half calls changed this second.

ACU is the best defensive team in the league, but we never had a chance of hanging in there with the way this game was called.
jboy93
Got to put this behind us and get ready for Prison Tech!
PurpleOut
Staff
Lol, I love the random touch foul there on ACU with 1:49 to play.
PurpleOut
Staff
Kensmil just got raped, lol. I can't. I'm sorry.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

nacluth said:

ACU is the best defensive team in the league, but we never had a chance of hanging in there with the way this game was called.

Not a chance. Hell rebounds were a foul for us for half the game.
jboy93
How much were we outscored from the 10 minute mark?
jboy93
Just a butt kicking...got to put it behind us!
nacluth
Up by two. Tech on Solomon let them tie it up. Out scored 10-2 over then next four minutes. That was it.
TallTexan
That was beyond frustrating.
MasterAxe
Not as many "It's the refs fault" posts as I would have expected.

Still some.

What's gonna happen if the WAC refs are bad? Who we gonna blame then?

TallTexan
Man if you're gonna come in here and act like that was remotely fair.
No-look
First half fouls set the tone for the second half demise . ACU's defense is legit. Shooting 83% from the line was a big factor for them. Just need to shake this one off and get ready for Sam.
sfa17
The turnovers were out of control. Similar to the Baylor game. I was pissed but I have calmed down a bit. Time to focus Sam.
MasterAxe
Here is where the game went cocked.

11:26 left, tied at 46

Turnover
Missed Jumper
Missed Layup
Made Layup
Turnover
Turnover
Missed Layup

Those were our offensive possessions in a 4:00 stretch.

Went from 46-46 to 62-52 and we could never get back in it...cause we scored a whooping 10 points in the last 7:00+ minutes.

Blame refs, sure. But, we did not look good under pressure, at all.
MasterAxe
TallTexan said:

Man if you're gonna come in here and act like that was remotely fair.
I'm waiting for actual proof that these refs have some sort of vendetta against us...which seems to be a fairly common excuse when we lose.

It's never "hey, that team just kicked our ass."

Do refs miss call, hell yeah they do.

What they don't do is go 25% from three and miss 11 FT's.

That's on us, not them.
TallTexan
Vendetta or incompetence they still swung the game.

If that's your idea of a fairly called game, the Southland is always hiring.
MasterAxe
TallTexan said:

Then our coaches and players did a poor job adjusting.

Look, I get it...you want to blame the refs. That's your right to do, I respect that.

I choose to say, "We played like ****, especially in the 2nd half of the 2nd half and we deserved to lose."
TallTexan
MasterAxe said:

TallTexan said:

Look, I get it...you want to blame the refs. That's your right to do, I respect that.

I choose to say, "We played like ****, especially in the 2nd half of the 2nd half and we deserved to lose."

Who do you suggest that we should have put in to defend the paint who wasn't at risk of fouling out for... Checks notes... rebounding?

This is your schtick every time. Did SFA play our best game? No. But that's not mutually exclusive from a horse crap called game putting us in an unfair hole.

When I watch two of the best teams in the league play, one of them shouldn't have to fight with a hand tied behind their back.

MasterAxe
TallTexan said:

MasterAxe said:

TallTexan said:

Who do you suggest that we should have put in to defend the paint who wasn't at risk of fouling out for... Checks notes... rebounding?

This is your schtick every time. Did SFA play our best game? No. But that's not mutually exclusive from a horse crap called game putting us in an unfair hole.

When I watch two of the best teams in the league play, one of them shouldn't have to fight with a hand tied behind their back.

You are correct, my "schtick" is exactly that. I am proud of it. I will never blame the refs. Ever.

If that's wrong, oh well. Put me in the jail with others who want to admit our own defeats, as opposed to blame others for our issues.

I also checked my notes that we missed 11 FT's...but hey, REFS FAULT!

We love to whine and cry about how unfair it is, unless we win, of course, then it was ok.
BigJack85
TallTexan said:

MasterAxe said:

TallTexan said:

Whoa there cowboys.... chill.
MasterAxe
BigJack85 said:

TallTexan said:

MasterAxe said:

TallTexan said:

Civilized convo. I respect where people come from, it is just not my way of thinking.

I'll always defend the refs, they got the hardest jobs in sports.

Sure, they miss calls, happens all the time.

But we are constantly blaming them and it just feels like we're afraid to say "Hey, we got our asses kicked, it's ok, let's get back to work to make sure we're not in a position where some bad calls hurt us."

If we play as good as I think we can play (and did against NWST) then we should not be in a spot that refs impact the game.

It happens. We lost. Let's go get the next one.

TallTexan
Your theory that refs can never put a team in a hole is one heck of an alternate reality.

There's a difference between our viewpoints. You think a ref crew can never influence an outcome and I can see with my own eyes when there are two sets of footprints on our backside.

Believe what you want but I'd have been embarrassed to beat ACU the same way.
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

Your theory that refs can never put a team in a hole is one heck of an alternate reality.

There's a difference between our viewpoints. You think a ref crew can never influence an outcome and I can see with my own eyes when there are two sets of footprints on our backside.

Agreed
MasterAxe
TallTexan said:

We're just never going to agree, that's ok.
nacluth
Some post shower thoughts:

We're a good team. Last year we were great, this year good. We are good enough to contend for the season title, and good enough to beat ACU. If you want to watch a great team this year, go watch the Ladyjacks.

Cam is putting up Kevon-like numbers. The big difference is no one is accounting for Cam. Kevon changed defenses and game plans. Cam is just squeezing between the cracks to get his points. It's not a fault of his, but his play doesn't equal Kevon's influence even if his stats do.

I won't weigh in on how atrocious the foul calls were, but I am disappointed that ultimately only Nana fouled out. We were protecting ourselves so much that in the end only the freshman (who honestly probably fouled the least) was the only player sent off. I would have liked to have tried to keep the intensity higher and sent three/four players out.

I still think our guards lost this game. Ball security was terrible and in the second half distribution was too. Heckard and Hawkins don't seem to have vision of the court. Our ones and twos have to be better. Sam is not some juggernaut, but they have good guards. We have to clean up our sloppy play.

We were never going to go undefeated in conference this year. It's a hard loss, but we'll learn from it. Let's go stay undefeated at home.
PurpleOut
Staff
MasterAxe said:

BigJack85 said:

TallTexan said:

MasterAxe said:

TallTexan said:

Civilized convo. I respect where people come from, it is just not my way of thinking.

I'll always defend the refs, they got the hardest jobs in sports.

Sure, they miss calls, happens all the time.

But we are constantly blaming them and it just feels like we're afraid to say "Hey, we got our asses kicked, it's ok, let's get back to work to make sure we're not in a position where some bad calls hurt us."

If we play as good as I think we can play (and did against NWST) then we should not be in a spot that refs impact the game.

It happens. We lost. Let's go get the next one.

You say all of this...basically every game, without understanding that nobody is "blaming" the refs. I still haven't seen one person say we lost because the refs screwed us.

If you (and I mean anyone) can't understand how officiating can swing a game, not because they did it on purpose, but because on how they call a game...then I don't care what level of basketball you officiated or how much you want to defend an official you don't know. You put ANY TEAMS best players in foul trouble, and they are at a disadvantage.

One of my good friends, that is an NCAA official, texted me earlier with only "lol."

Oh ACU also shot 25% from 3.

Everyone here has said how bad we played and how bad our turnovers were. Not sure why you think you constantly need to try to be the person to call everyone out for "blaming officials." I've rarely seen a team lose by 20 on the road while out shooting the home team. The same away team that played less outside (we took 8 threes to their 24) and have a foul discrepancy in the paint like that. Kohl and Pleasant for ACU had three fouls...COMBINED.

But yes....everyone 100% thinks the refs did us in.
MasterAxe
BTW, for everyone who can do it better:

They are taking applications.

https://taso.org/
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

I can see with my own eyes when there are two sets of footprints on our backside.

Comment of the day! Touche', Texan!
PurpleOut
Staff
MasterAxe said:

BTW, for everyone who can do it better:

They are taking applications.

https://taso.org/

My company is also taking applications...I'm assuming you can also do better there? You should be a millionaire since you're so much better at everything than everyone.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.