SFA / Midwestern State

6,412 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well, I criticize Hawkins a lot, so I have to give him some love when he does something good. A couple of very nice assists in the last few minutes.
No-look
Rev007 said:

Hawkins scored....yeah!!!
Hawkins is playing a good game. Creating
Ljacks&Longnecks
Yep, not stellar.....hasn't affected our spotty play but Keller has been hot on refs all night and doesn't get many techs called.
SFA Jack Fanatic
David has played solid defense.
jboy93
Are Posey and McDaniel on the bench?
Just saw McDaniel on tv...
Ljacks&Longnecks
76 said earlier no Posey or Elliott seen tonight.
nacluth
Heckard limping off
No-look
Up ten. Win by two?
No-look
No-look said:

Up ten. Win by two?
or 15
jboy93
Getting out rebounded...that's no bueno!
SFA Jack Fanatic
jboy93 said:

No excuse for that!
Rev007
Congrats to Cam for 33 points!
nacluth
Let Cam get 40.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Thanks for being here tonight, Cameron Johnson.
jboy93
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

jboy93 said:

No excuse for that!
At this point they are up by 8 rebounds. I guess chalk it up to long rebounds with them shooting so many 3's?
nacluth
Just get one more bad call in.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I have no idea who the Player of the Game will be. Oh, wait... Never mind....
BigJack85
From what I'm reading I'm glad I didn't stream it or listen to Rob.
cboothe09
Second game in a month. Not taking too much out of this one. Should win the next four (three at home) before ACU and Sam
PurpleOut
Staff
Thought we played pretty well tonight. Didn't have a ton of energy to start out, but that's not that uncommon.

Shot over 50% and had single digit turnovers. I'll take that every day.
No-look
Did a better job against that zone second half. They got a lot of offense rebounds from the threes they missed. MW is a good team, they were just outmatched overall.
TallTexan
I feel like we've gotten much better at 2nd half adjustments since we hired Mitch.
SFASawmillGuy
We honestly did, it just feels bad not beating a D2 team by more. I get they're a good D2 team, but still.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

Thought we played pretty well tonight. Didn't have a ton of energy to start out, but that's not that uncommon.

Shot over 50% and had single digit turnovers. I'll take that every day.
Also, 22 assists on 30 made shots.

Heckard is getting better each game. Hopefully the ankle he got from stepping on a foot isn't much.

Rebounding not ideal, due in part to all the long rebounds. Ware leading in rebounds, and Solomon only getting two, is an indicator. Free throw shooting in the second half was bad. Focus? Legs a little dead from hard practices?

We really needed this game. Solid opponent playing zone. Keller said we changed our zone offense in the second half. Had only played one game in a month.
nacluth
Like others, I thought this game was good for practice and game experience. Midwestern played hard almost to the end. That energy is something tough to duplicate. I liked seeing all zone.

I got one take away from the game: Kharee and Demiere are emergency players only. They are not seeing meaningful court time this season except for deep relief, extreme foul trouble, or blow outs. I don't know why, but for all intents and purposes we are a nine player team. A good nine player team - Nana has shown as a freshman that he's good to go. Just my observation.
RedRiverLa
At this number of games in every season, for many years, and against lower tier teams we, including me, throw out words like no effort, lackadaisical, no shooters, DepressU, and 90% of the time we go on to challenge for the conference championship. I don't worry about these 'practice' games as early basketball is always about tuning, combinations, and chemistry. Not sure if we should be conference favorites, but I'm betting we'll be around the top somewhere when this weird season settles down.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
SFAJack_76
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.