Ladyjacks vs Arizona St.

6,930 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nacluth said:

Wow. Impressive play tonight. Just got home from work. Where's the stream?

https://pac-12.com/live/arizona-state-university
Pilotgirl
36-40 ASU. Turnovers are killing us
nacluth
Thanks. Wish Visscher could have gotten one of those. 2-7 from the line is big in this game. But the Ladyjacks need a big push.
SFAJack_76
5-14 from the free throw line. Stephanie 2-6.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Free throw shooting is terrible.
SFAJack_76
Aiyana is much better than she is playing.
Pilotgirl
Whatever the outcome, I am not mad at the play in this game...to go toe to toe after 8 months of not playing...is a win in my book
nacluth
Yikes this game is sloppy. Glad we caught ASU at the right time, but this is rough.
SFAJack_76
Our defense is good. Offense is not.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Free throw shooting is terrible.

I hope the guys took this sudden opportunity this week to practice their free throws.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

Yikes this game is sloppy. Glad we caught ASU at the right time, but this is rough.
Not as sloppy as it looks right now. It's actually been a really good game
SFAJack_76
Nugent also is much better than she has played.
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

Whatever the outcome, I am not mad at the play in this game...to go toe to toe after 8 months of not playing...is a win in my book

Especially as big as this ASU team is.
Pilotgirl
wheels came off right at the end....we have lots to work on but a good 1st game effort.
SFAJack_76
Out hustled. That's not okay. Ever.
SFAJack_76
Aiyana and Zya combined 4-16 from the field. All conference players do better than that.
nacluth
Don't get me wrong. Super pleased with where the ladies are. This was a winnable game. I don't think four hours ago that I could have thought that.

VCU and St. Mary's will be tough too, but we should be in those games too.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ladyjacks lose by 9. Hard to win when we shoot 34.6% from the field, 17.6% from three, and 44.4% on FT's.
Pilotgirl
For the first game back, I'm pleased. Plenty to work on but gotta get that first one under our belt.
nacluth
I saw two chances to tie late. Visscher with two shots from the line and Banfield with a straight away undefended three. Both missed those chances. Chalk it up to early season, but those shots had season changing potential.
Ljacks&Longnecks
I'm sure the improvements will come but yes, Lots to work on. FTs were abysmal, must improve. Shooting was off, I'm sure some credit for that is Az St defense.
Collapse in the last 2 to 2 one half minutes was disappointing as it was still anyone's game to that point. Looking forward to working out the kinks and hitting the win column often after tonight.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

I saw two chances to tie late. Visscher with two shots from the line and Banfield with a straight away undefended three. Both missed those chances. Chalk it up to early season, but those shots had season changing potential.
Banfield missed an open three from the corner prior to that. Zya and Aiyana are pre season all conference. They didn't sniff that level of play in this game.

Brittingham led the team with 12 rebounds. Not bad for a first D1 game.

Hope for more from Robinson. Perhaps this being her first game in well over a year was part of it. Also, I think she didn't participate in Jack Madness due to injury.

Surprised Mus didn't play. Wonder if she has some injury issue.

All in, not a bad first game. Kellog won't be happy. Too many missed chances to win.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Ladyjacks lose by 9. Hard to win when we shoot 34.6% from the field, 17.6% from three, and 44.4% on FT's.

Free throws were the killer. Athletic dept needs to hire a consultant next off-season for both teams.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Arizona State received a few votes in this week's AP poll. Interesting in that the Ladyjacks could have knocked off ASU if they had not shot the ball so badly and still were able to hang with them.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.