Ladyjacks vs Arizona St.

6,929 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know we don't normally do a separate game thread for the Ladies, but figured Why Not? So here it is! This game will serve as SFA's (men or women's) first game of the ever-changing 20-21 season. And who knows what will happen in between now and start time of 5 pm tomorrow?

Game will be streamed on ASU Livestream:
https://pac-12.com/live/arizona-state-university

PAC-12's season preview:
https://pac-12.com/article/2020/11/24/michelle-smith-womens-basketball-notebook-2020-21-season-preview

I am officially an idiot and spotlighted team members from another university. I will let my excuse be that I was researching this around 1:30 a.m. LOL Anyway, stream is working!
Pilotgirl
No injuries, please!!!!!
TallTexan
Hope I can catch this in between painting our range hood.
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

Methinks this will be a beating, so I'm gonna look for how our Ladies handle the pressure. Last year, our Ladyjacks kept the pace and didn't slack off the entire game, no matter the score. Hoping to see that same energy today.
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

TallTexan said:

Methinks this will be a beating, so I'm gonna look for how our Ladies handle the pressure. Last year, our Ladyjacks kept the pace and didn't slack off the entire game, no matter the score. Hoping to see that same energy today.
Agree it has a chance of being rough. Interested to see how the newcomers contribute. We have some very real talent. Are they a very real team?
Pilotgirl
That is exactly what I will be looking for in this game: How do our Ladies work together; setting up plays; handle defensive pressure from ASU, and how they play as a cohesive unit...especially after this long break with no BB. IT'S GAME DAY !!!
nacluth
I'm all in. Unfortunately, the separation between the top 20 women's teams and everyone else is huge. Keeping this inside 10 points separation a quarter has to be critical. I can't wait to see how Visscher and co. stack up against some of the best.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
Pilotgirl
Agree...can we avoid an absolute blow-out? Hmmmm Would love for Banfeld and Stephanie to go crazy and rain 3's.
TallTexan
Some of yall are more basketball knowledgeable than me, but beyond regularly making the tournament, what's the next step for the Ladyjacks?

Like how do we go from where we are today to knocking off 5 seeds in the tourney?
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

Some of yall are more basketball knowledgeable than me, but beyond regularly making the tournament, what's the next step for the Ladyjacks?

Like how do we go from where we are today to knocking off 5 seeds in the tourney?
Gotta win the SLC tournament. Haven't done that in about fifteen years.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

Gotta win the SLC tournament. Haven't done that in about fifteen years.

I think we have a good shot at that this year or next. We do have talent. So can they form that team dynamic to win the tournament. That's my goal for them and we can build from there.
TallTexan
That's definitely the first order to regularly make the NCAA tourney. Felt like last year was going to be that year to break through.
Pilotgirl
Nice!
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

That's definitely the first order to regularly make the NCAA tourney. Felt like last year was going to be that year to break through.
For sure
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl
ASU picked #6 in preseason poll; ARIZONA picked 2nd. Someone please fire me from ever doing this again LOL

No one on the All Conference Team or Honorable Mention.
Pilotgirl
V and I are very impressed with this student- led and produced pre-game! Imagine if SFA would do this?! Would bring something neat to the ESPN3 broadcast.
Pilotgirl
Still on hold.....UGH
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

V and I are very impressed with this student- led and produced pre-game! Imagine if SFA would do this?! Would bring something neat to the ESPN3 broadcast.

Looked nice.
Pilotgirl
Ladies playing good D but having a hard time on Offensive because ASU are GIANTS
Pilotgirl
Stephanie has all of SFA's 4 points. Zya is playing great defense
TallTexan
Could this lady on the announcing team be any more excited? Hard to match her enthusiasm.
TallTexan
Jumpball?
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

Could this lady on the announcing team be any more excited? Hard to match her enthusiasm.
LOL a sports broadcaster she is not...
Pilotgirl
10- 16 ASU after the first quarter
TallTexan
Feel like depth is going to catch us in the 2nd half.
Pilotgirl
Yeah, I see us getting winded
Pilotgirl
20-26 ASU.
We have been able to keep it within 10...we've had a few steals but then not able to capitalize on the break. BTW, there has been more jump balls called in this game than the ENTIRE previous season. Banfield is hit or miss, Steph still finding her footing, Zya most improved for me. Mayfield and Johnson are struggling, IMO.
SFAJack_76
Banfield has been hit or miss her entire time at SFA. One of the streakiest shooters I have seen. If she starts bad, she rarely comes out of it. I like her a lot, and we saw a meaningful drop off when she got hurt last season, but your starting PG must have more than zero assists at half.
Pilotgirl
Welp...a no look, behind the back layup gets us within 2. Major energy changer!! We have always been a 3rd quarter team...
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

Welp...a no look, behind the back layup gets us within 2. Major energy changer!! We have always been a 3rd quarter team...

Our coaches make good half time adjustments.
SFAJack_76
Brittingham has the potential to be special.
Pilotgirl
One thing I loved about last year's team and it looks like this years team has it, too: They do not give up! Ladyjacks within 3.
Pilotgirl
We are awful at the line...lots of missed opportunities
nacluth
Wow. Impressive play tonight. Just got home from work. Where's the stream?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.