SFA / Sam Houston

16,020 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CertifiedAxeman98
purpleballs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My trip back to Nac did not disappoint. Although I was a little worried the first 3/4 of the game. Thanks to those who made a few suggestions. Campus is still beautiful and the updates and new features were great. Wish we had more time to look around. Son got his first purple shirt and chanted SFA at the appropriate times during the game. Was wife's first visit and she loved it. She suggested we come back once a year. She loves the look of old barns, tractors and animals in a field, so she enjoyed the drive. She's country but west Texas country. You actually pass a town called NoTrees to get to her town.
Like many on here I don't get the lack of support from the students. I understand the spring break thing but watching on tv throughout the year, you can see the lack of support. Wife even commented that most of the fans seemed to be older. Maybe you just don't appreciate SFA till you get out and actually grow up. Looking forward to the tournament and then the TOURNAMENT. Which happens to be my spring break so who knows, maybe I'll make it to a few more games this year.
jboy93
The guy that told me to sit was about my age! Dude was just a bum. I sat cause I wanted to be there for the whole game. Fanatic I am bringing my A game to Katy! Making signs for the refs and whatever else they will let me bring in!!!
jboy93
I wish they would have let me trade in the Southland gear I won for some Lumberjack swag! Getting tickets to every game was sweet. Not sure how many I will use though.
TallTexan
jboy93 said:

The guy that told me to sit was about my age! Dude was just a bum. I sat cause I wanted to be there for the whole game. Fanatic I am bringing my A game to Katy! Making signs for the refs and whatever else they will let me bring in!!!

Think it may have been the same guy giving Alan & Ed grief last time. A cheerleader's dad. Jerk sat in our seats and if I'd realized who it was at the time I'd have run him off for sure, but to be nice we just moved down a few seats figuring they were new fans and knowing there would be room.

But still, he was a PITA.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

jboy93 said:

Think it may have been the same guy giving Alan & Ed grief last time. A cheerleader's dad. Jerk sat in our seats and if I'd realized who it was at the time I'd have run him off for sure, but to be nice we just moved down a few seats figuring they were new fans and knowing there would be room.

But still, he was a PITA.

Yeah, a real jerk. Guess he has lived under a basketball rock his whole life if he didn't realize that part of the fun of MBB is razzing the refs. And in the SLC there is a lot of razzing required...
PurpleOut
Staff
Here's my stream. Started it right after the buzzer and kept it going for almost an hour. Went down on the court to congratulate everyone.

djsfw57
PurpleOut said:

Here's my stream. Started it right after the buzzer and kept it going for almost an hour. Went down on the court to congratulate everyone.

I've seen pictures of the new scoreboard before, but WOW is it impressive from your vantage point! It's larger than it looks in still pictures. NICE!! Nice feed too. Thanks for sharing it with us.
RichieVan
Stat of the game: Sam hit a 3 with 13:55 left in the game to go up 45-40. They did not get their next point until there was 5:17 left. An 8:38 lockdown by our defense. That wins championships.
BigJack85
RichieVan said:

Stat of the game: Sam hit a 3 with 13:55 left in the game to go up 45-40. They did not get their next point until there was 5:17 left. An 8:38 lockdown by our defense. That wins championships.
Yep. And it all was trigger by a little tightening on the wing(s). Forcing Sam to penetrate from the top.
CertifiedAxeman98
The first half Sam was able to shut down the paint. They all collapsed and clogged it so that we could not drive or get it to Gavin. The second half their bigs were in foul trouble so they went smaller and they came out some and we pounded the boards.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.