SFA / Sam Houston

16,149 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CertifiedAxeman98
cboothe09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Axe 'Em
cboothe09
Anyone keep losing the stream?
Ljacks&Longnecks
yep, lots of problems with video feed
MasterAxe
I am a big fan of the SFA team that goes on 17-0 runs.
MasterAxe
My stream cut out like seconds before the Bain/Keller hug. Ugh.
Ljacks&Longnecks
WOW, those hugs and pure emotion between our seniors and Keller was really something to see.
MasterAxe
When we needed it the most, the seniors made the plays.

(1) Comeaux steal and score
(2) Kevon steal+and 1
(3) Bain dunk.

All fueled the 17-0 run.
djsfw57
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

WOW, those hugs and pure emotion between our seniors and Keller was really something to see.
I agree. Made me get a big old basketball in my throat. And while it says something about how much they love the time they've had at SFA, I think it speaks volumes about Coach Keller. He's a keeper for sure. Hope we can hang on to him.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I'm not there and have no stream to watch. Did they give our seniors big framed jerseys? If so, can someone post pics of presentations? And did they cut down the nets?
MasterAxe
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I'm not there and have no stream to watch. Did they give our seniors big framed jerseys? If so, can someone post pics of presentations? And did they cut down the nets?

The media department is pretty good at posting pics on the various social media accounts for SFA basketball.

I bet they have something up later.
cboothe09
Nate just one upped his buzzer beater. Congrats!
cboothe09
Lumberjackfans has been streaming the ceremony on Twitter
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Bain getting two rings out of this one.
jboy93
Nana and Heckard are here taking part! Great for them to see!
TallTexan
jboy93 said:

Nana and Heckard are here taking part! Great for them to see!

Awesome.
Pilotgirl
Y'all. I'm just a big mess on our way back to Sugar Land. These 3 seniors...THIS TEAM...is something special. So glad we were able to see it in person. Pure emotion from these 3. They are not done yet.

Was finally able to meet Texan & his better half, too....what a night!
RedRiverLa
TallTexan said:

Good to see you Red River.

Nice meeting you, also.
No-look
This game changed when John took over the defense. Gonna miss him next year. The turnovers he caused fueled the team to put it away! Great ending and ceremony!
BigJack85
I was surprised how soft we played through about the 10th minute in the second half. I mean, for a change I never thought the ultimate result was in doubt. When they really turned on the defensive intensity it seemed like the switch flipped quickly. The other thing I noticed more this evening was the "3rd gear" Kevon had. It was like the defensive intensity went up 30% in 2 minutes when Kevon and Comeaux decided to push it.
jboy93
Posey was there tonight as well. Talked to Heckard and he has an ankle sprain and is good to go if they make it to the national tournament. Had a great time tonight. Shook coaches hand and reminded him I was the one at the airport after the Duke game. He said he remembered. Can't wait till next weekend! GO JACKS!
No-look
Good to hear the recruits were there. Jboy were you sitting in 107 row I?
jboy93
Row H. Thanks to Ed and his kind heart!
SFA Jack Fanatic
I noticed that Charlie only played 7 minutes. What was up with that??
RedRiverLa
2015-2016, this game was SRO. What has happened in that short of time in NAC where a duke beating, conference championship, cut the nets, 18-1 team can't draw the same? If any team deserved it it was this one. Can't imagine it was the students that made it SRO, was it? Several of us drive a couple hours to make the Saturday games, why do so many who live 5 minutes away not come? Living two hours away, I'm not tuned into the local conversation, so I'm genuinely asking what has changed in the last 5 years.
SFAJack_76
jboy93 said:

I just had someone tell me to sit down!!!!! Are you freaken kidding me! I'm pissed!
Reading some Tweets, I am pretty sure this is the same guy that got in my face at a game asking if I was going to yell the entire game. I told him I was. Said I was ruining it for him, and was unsportsmanlike. His daughter is a cheerleader. Rube.
jboy93
I agree. I made 6 or 7 games this year driving from Tyler. Would be there every game if I could! It's great entertainment for a good price!
SFAJack_76
RedRiverLa said:

2015-2016, this game was SRO. What has happened in that short of time in NAC where a duke beating, conference championship, cut the nets, 18-1 team can't draw the same? If any team deserved it it was this one. Can't imagine it was the students that made it SRO, was it? Several of us drive a couple hours to make the Saturday games, why do so many who live 5 minutes away not come? Living two hours away, I'm not tuned into the local conversation, so I'm genuinely asking what has changed in the last 5 years.
Disappointing indeed. No doubt, spring break timing had an impact, but still not good.

Hated we had to leave before the end, but had tickets to a show in Lufkin bought before the schedule came out. Looking forward to a celebration late Saturday. Hopefully, Sunday afternoon also.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I noticed that Charlie only played 7 minutes. What was up with that??
His minutes have been down for several games. In part because he has not been as effective as earlier in the season. Mostly, I believe, because Gavin has been really, really good. We are really deep inside. Solomon's minutes are down also.
No-look
jboy93 said:

Row H. Thanks to Ed and his kind heart!
we were sitting next to your left one row down. We were the ones that kept yelling at the refs. Lol
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

jboy93 said:

I just had someone tell me to sit down!!!!! Are you freaken kidding me! I'm pissed!
Reading some Tweets, I am pretty sure this is the same guy that got in my face at a game asking if I was going to yell the entire game. I told him I was. Said I was ruining it for him, and was unsportsmanlike. His daughter is a cheerleader. Rube.

OK, jboy93 and 76. I'm going to have to call security on the two of you. You must not upset people who are attending their first college games!
cboothe09
Solomon had a great game. Stayed out of foul trouble. Contributed offensively. Had a strong defensive presence. Rebounded the ball well. Kid will be a gamer going forward
RedRiverLa
IMO Gavin was by far the player of the game. Played fantastic down low.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAJack_76 said:

jboy93 said:

OK, jboy93 and 76. I'm going to have to call security on the two of you. You must not upset people who are attending their first college games!

Katy should be interesting.
nacluth
Still open to winning 21 Southland games and setting a record.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAJack_76 said:

jboy93 said:

Katy should be interesting.

Some of our fans are just a bunch of old grandmothers .... as I say that I'm a grandfather X2. We should be yelling and screaming the whole game.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.