SFA / Sam Houston

16,018 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CertifiedAxeman98
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA [RV] (27-3, 18-1) vs. Sam Houston (18-12, 11-8)

WHEN: MAR 7 (SAT) 4:30P.M.
WHERE: William R. Johnson Coliseum (Nacogdoches, TX)
WATCH: ESPN3

This is it. The final game of the season. #31. How did we get here so fast? We shot out of the gate in November, and we never looked back. Just take a look at that byline beside our name up there. Receiving votes in the AP and 27-3 on the year. Incredible. What a phenomenal season that Keller, Kevon, and the rest of the crew have played for us. Tomorrow, you should show up or tune in and give these Lumberjacks all the love you can muster because they have played their hearts out for you. Finally, they get to cut down those nets and know that they are champs.

But, the work is not done. No one on this Jacks squad thinks it is. Nets may be coming down tomorrow, but there is at minimum three more games left in this season and a dream for a whole lot more. Our enemy Sam Houston stands in the way to put a bad taste in our mouths before going to Katy. On the surface, this game doesn't mean much, but in our players' hearts, they are ready to end this Bearkats team. They want to bury them with the thought of having to play four games in four days at Katy. We don't want to see them again. We want to beat them at home in front of all our fans.

Since we broke Sam's will in the final four minutes of our game at their place, the men in orange have never recovered. They lost and just keep on losing. They have lost 5 out of their last 8 since we played, and many were not all that close. It was a purple dagger that got them. It will be time to finish the job tomorrow. It's going to be a tough gritty game. Likely, there will not be much separation until the end of the game, but Sam doesn't know how hungry we are. Our depth is ready to devour them.

No one thinks that this is the end for this team, but it will be the last time in Nac to see Kevon, John, and Nate in uniform. Come out and show your love to them. Cheer them on to greater things. This is the day that they deserve.

Axe 'em!

Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
jboy93
I am certainly going to be there louder than ever. I am bringing my 80 year old Mom for her birthday because she loves some Lumberjack basketball. She can also get a little rowdy as well! This team (and I do mean TEAM) has been so much fun to watch! We can't wait to kick some prison tech butt on our way to Katy!
I am also going to the tourney for the first time. Really looking forward to that.
Pilotgirl
Not gonna lie...will probably cry. These 3 seniors , man. UGGGGGH I'M NOT READY
cboothe09
I expect Sam to come out swinging. On top of revenge, these guys are playing to avoid an opening round game and at least get a bye through the first round.

Not sure what went wrong for them during conference play this year, but they have not held it together. That said, the talent is still there. Kai Mitchell is still there. They will be in this one for a while, but I do expect our depth to be the difference maker here.
RedRiverLa
Will be there for both games. AxeEm! Or the plural in Latin - Axi!
BigJack85
I'm there. Going to tailgate in the commuter lot. Probably start around 1:00. Axe 'Em Jacks.
nacluth
So my new favorite thing about the Duke play is Kevon trailing, catching the ball and chunking it into space.

purpleballs
Will be first trip back to Nac in a long time. Wife has never been. I'm sure things have changed a lot. Plan to walk around campus some and head to bookstore to buy a few things. Any other suggestions on what we could check out before the game? Where's a good place to get a burger?
BigJack85
How about tailgating in the commuter lot..... they'll be a crew out there about 1:30/2.
nacluth
Campus has changed a lot, but not so much you can't find your way around. Butcher Boys is the best burger in town and a great visit. Downtown has been picking up the last couple of years, and the CVB (middle of the square) is a sponsor of our prediction contest.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks are 10 1/2 point favorites.
jboy93
purpleballs said:

Will be first trip back to Nac in a long time. Wife has never been. I'm sure things have changed a lot. Plan to walk around campus some and head to bookstore to buy a few things. Any other suggestions on what we could check out before the game? Where's a good place to get a burger?

Go to the new SFA logo close to the new STEM building for a great photo op!
RedRiverLa
We're here! In da house that... (we'll, not sure who built WRJ), but we're here none the less. Go Ladyjacks and Jacks! AxeEm!
SFAJack_76
Well, this stinks.
Pilotgirl
Will be there in a few minutes to cheer on the Ladies!
TallTexan
RedRiverLa
TallTexan said:

Hope the cheese stuck to the top of the box.
MasterAxe
Start time?
nacluth
Stiff start. Let's loosen it up a little.
cboothe09
Why does the score box say Steph F Austin? Better than SF Austin, but I tend to prefer SFA...
RedRiverLa
Just havent really shown up yet.
MasterAxe
We look like we're trying to play too fast.
jboy93
Good crowd !
MasterAxe
Southland refs determined to set a fouls record today.
TallTexan
Good to see you Red River.
TallTexan
MasterAxe said:

Southland refs determined to set a fouls record today.

I'm gonna blow a gasket.
cboothe09
The guys in stripes are keeping Sam in this one...
TallTexan
cboothe09 said:

It makes sense that the guys in stripes and the guys in orange would be in cahoots.
MasterAxe
TallTexan said:

cboothe09 said:

It makes sense that the guys in stripes and the guys in orange would be in cahoots.

It's been bad both ways. And we're not playing particularly well, either
MasterAxe
Kachalries really have a poor half.
TallTexan
Hope Zivney is ready for some minutes. Gonna need him with all the fouls.
djsfw57
I swear they got these refs from Texas School for the Blind.
TallTexan
Oddyst playing some good D.
jboy93
Don't know if Kevon has ever played this few minutes in a half!
cboothe09
So. Bad. The refs are so bad
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.