SFA / Abilene Christian (2)

17,756 Views | 134 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Pilotgirl
cboothe09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know we did it a few years back, but how many teams have won 18 SLC games in a season?
jboy93
cboothe09 said:

Roti a close second for his defensive work on Ricks
He smothered Ricks the entire night! Awesome job Roti!
nacluth
Third time to 18 regular season wins. This team can be the first to 19!
jboy93
nacluth said:

And what better team to do it against...prison tech!
SFA Jack Fanatic
If Nicholls beats McNeese, they will climb into the #2 spot in the conference and have the inside track to a double-bye in Katy. I like that scenario if it happens.
No-look
jboy93 said:

nacluth said:

We need a full house!
BigJack85
Gigantic win. Such a huge turnaround from last year. I beat on Keller last year. Pretty hard. He's legitimately "cracked the code" on blending HS and JUCO talent in my mind. Bravo Keller. Bravo. He deserves the props.
SFA Jack Fanatic
jboy93 said:

cboothe09 said:

Roti a close second for his defensive work on Ricks
He smothered Ricks the entire night! Awesome job Roti!

I was so into the bigger picture in the game that I didn't notice that it was Roti doing the damage on Ricks. Thanks for pointing that out.
wahlwesle
I thought the commentators were decent.

The refs completely killed the flow of the game. If not for the bad calls, for taking 5 minutes to decide them. And to be fair, the bad calls were on both sides of the court.

We played pretty crappy most of the game, and still came out with the win. No way we are going to make the sweet 16 shooting free throws like that though.
jboy93
No-look said:

jboy93 said:

nacluth said:

We need a full house!
I'll be there thanks to Ed's kindness!
jboy93
Kevon is close to 3rd all time now if i am correct!
jboy93
Do not like ACU's live stats page at all.
Wildcat1997
I was hoping we could pull off the upset but ya'll were just that little bit better. It was a great crowd and they got to watch a great game tonight. I wished that crowd showed up to every game for us. I was hoping we could win on senior night and also since we needed to win out for the double bye but it wasn't meant to be. I mean I don't even see why we needed to win out for the double bye since Nicholls is our only challenger for the spot and we'll likely end up with the same record and also we beat them but it's whatever. Don't even get me started on tie breakers in the Southland. Good luck the rest of the way to y'all and here's to meeting in Katy!
PurpleOut
Staff
What a ridiculous game. Definitely shouldn't have been that close if we hit our FT's.

The officiating is just insane and mind numbing. I lost count of the amount of reviews, and then the 1-2 minutes that they took to talk after each review. As mentioned, just destroys the flow of the game. Especially for the team that had their foot on the gas.

I thought the cylinder call was the correct call initially. For whatever reason, it's in the rules that the refs can review that play if they think there is swinging of elbows, and then change fouls. I still don't think changing the call was correct because the cylinder foul happened first, and Kevon wasn't wildly swinging elbows to review the call. But whatever. We're used to crap like that.

See everyone Saturday. I don't have high hopes for it being very full unfortunately, given past Saturday attendance games + most of the students being gone. BUT, I hope everyone that does show comes with energy and is ready to be engaged for 40 minutes. These guys deserve it.
SFA Jack Fanatic
jboy93 said:

Kevon is close to 3rd all time now if i am correct!

Navigate over to the 'Kevon Scoring Watch' thread. He's in 4th, 10 points out of 3rd.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Wildcat1997 said:

I was hoping we could pull off the upset but ya'll were just that little bit better. It was a great crowd and they got to watch a great game tonight. I wished that crowd showed up to every game for us. I was hoping we could win on senior night and also since we needed to win out for the double bye but it wasn't meant to be. I mean I don't even see why we needed to win out for the double bye since Nicholls is our only challenger for the spot and we'll likely end up with the same record and also we beat them but it's whatever. Don't even get me started on tie breakers in the Southland. Good luck the rest of the way to y'all and here's to meeting in Katy!

Classy comments, Wildcat. Thanks!
TallTexan
Kohl ended up with 11 after that hot start, in case anyone is wondering.

jboy93
TallTexan said:

Their coach didn't play him any...not sure the reasoning being that but I'm glad he did what he did.
TallTexan
jboy93 said:

TallTexan said:

Their coach didn't play him any...not sure the reasoning being that but I'm glad he did what he did.

Ya it was a really, really odd usage of him. We had no answer for him all night and he wasnt getting called for many fouls either.
cboothe09
He wasn't as effective with Gavin in the game. He could push around Samazha and Calvin because of the sheer size difference, but Gavin had no problem getting physical and holding his ground.
cboothe09
Just realized ACU isnt going anywhere. Just three seniors on this team (Ricks, Lenox, and Howell). They might be a pain, but they were a good pickup for the SLC...
sfajack05
That game was gross. Weird energy and flow the entire night. Glad the Jacks came out with the win.

It's also really weird not really seeing a crowd during the game.
Pilotgirl
I.interesting to read ACU boards about us...
https://catchat.freeforums.net/thread/1203/mens-basketball-2019-2020?page=19

FYI, there is a difference between arrogance and confidence
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

Big boy wannabe's.
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

I have never seen Kevon as being arrogant. Odd take, in my opinion. Kevon and Gavin are so big and strong that they get beat on every game without getting the calls.
Pilotgirl
https://acuoptimist.com/2020/03/record-breaking-crowd-in-moody-fails-to-rattle-lumberjacks/

Another team with an attendance record when playing the 'Jacks.....
sfa17
Pilotgirl said:

https://acuoptimist.com/2020/03/record-breaking-crowd-in-moody-fails-to-rattle-lumberjacks/

If only we could play ourselves at home
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

I think the announcers said that ACU is about to start a $20+ million renovation of Moody. Trying to keep up with the Jones's.
Ballwatch
Which home game had the highest attendance this season?
Pilotgirl
Of course....Lol
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

I think the announcers said that ACU is about to start a $20+ million renovation of Moody. Trying to keep up with the Jones's.

Hopefully that'll also take care of the bat situation?! Haha

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.