SFA / Abilene Christian (2)

17,623 Views | 134 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Pilotgirl
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA [RV] (26-3, 17-1) vs. Abilene Christian (19-10, 14-4)

WHEN: MAR 3 (TUE) 7:30P.M.
WHERE: Moody Coliseum (Abilene, TX)
WATCH: ESPN+

The Jacks are looking to do something historic today in a year of history - get their 18th regular season win. Only the famed 2014 and 2016 conference slates that went 18-0 have as many. Those teams will tell you: it's hard to win 18. Tonight, playing the second place team on their court when they are trying to lock up a double bye, it will be doubly hard. But, these Jacks are tired of hearing about the Underwood teams. They have dreams of their own - to cement their own place in SFA history - and they are hungry to do it.

The ACU Wildcats are finishing out a quiet year just where they want to be - in line to go to the NCAA's for the second straight year. Odds are that by seeding, if the Jacks go to the title game, they will face ACU or Nicholls. ACU knows if they don't want that game to be their third in three days, they need to beat the Jacks now. In fact, this may be their season tonight. They know it. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Last time in Nac, the Jacks and Wildcats played around the first half while all the Jacks playmakers rode the bench in foul trouble. From the second half whistle, the Jacks didn't mess around and salted the game away effortlessly. It was a demoralizing demonstration of depth.

This time at home, expect the veteran Ricks to show why he's one of the best in the league. He was absent from the first matchup, but he won't be silent tonight. However, SFA's teamwork has only gotten better. We are going to try to overwhelm the Wildcats with a 10-deep look. You maybe can stop one, but we're all coming.

Keller is not looking to lose. There is no blowoff game now. No trap games. This is the time for teams to fight - to forge their destiny. John, Kevon, and Roti will lead the critical guard defense. Our bigs will own the paint. Our bench will finish it off.

Yeah, some poll says 28, but that number is nothing without 18 tonight. Something great happens then. History remembers you as one of the best.

Axe 'em!
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
jboy93
nacluth said:

SFA [RV] (26-3, 17-1) vs. Abilene Christian (19-10, 14-4)

WHEN: MAR 3 (TUE) 7:30P.M.
WHERE: Moody Coliseum (Abilene, TX)
WATCH: ESPN+

Write up coming soon.

Axe 'em!
I'll do it for you...

GO JACKS!
RichieVan
Jacks are a 2 point favorite
Ljacks&Longnecks
I expect ACU wants this one pretty bad and it will be a tough game. Hope that we continue our recent trend of more dominate play from the start, plus sharpening up for Katy and beyond.
KirkHeath12
SFA opening up as a 2 point favorite
Class of 2012
Axe Em
BigJack85
Going to be a tough one. We need it, they need it ...
No-look
Defense has to be locked down. Keep Payton Ricks under ten points. Limit our turnovers and we win.
CertifiedAxeman98
No-look said:

Defense has to be locked down. Keep Payton Ricks under ten points. Limit our turnovers and we win.
Tonight is a real test for the team on the road against the only other team in the conference with a better than 200 Kenpom rating.

We are 348 out of 353 when it comes to offensive turnovers % and 349 in non-steal turnovers. In Conference play we are 12th when it comes to turnover % and 13th when it comes to non-steal turnover %. If we want to have success tonight, in Katy or beyond we need to find a way to stop handing the ball to the other team. Being the best in turning people over doesn't really matter if you just hand it back to the the other team.

We had only 14 turnovers against Duke and we forced 22 and we fouled a lot and they didn't make their free throws. When we lost to Alabama and Rutgers we were either even in the turnovers or close to even. We won the turn over battle in the loss to TAMU-CC but we forgot how to shoot and got out rebounded so no second chances so that is why we lost that game.

I really want them to win tonight and by more than a few points to show how strong they are.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Let's not forget that the Ladyjacks play in Abilene tonight, too, at 5:30 p.m., also on ESPN+. First place on the line in that one!
jboy93
ESPN still has ACU as the pick to win tonight. Are they going on home court advantage alone? We won the first meeting. Our non conference same opponent was Drexel, that they lost! I don't get it?
Pilotgirl
Joe Pleasant is questionable with a knee injury
cboothe09
I'm assuming a delayed start to this one?
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

Joe Pleasant is questionable with a knee injury
Well that's unpleasant news for ACU.
TallTexan
cboothe09 said:

I'm assuming a delayed start to this one?
I'd guess so. Gonna be an early morning tomorrow because this one probably isn't gonna tip off until 8 PM.
RichieVan
Late start? Heck, I'm on East coast time. 9:00 start here
TallTexan
RichieVan said:

Warching sports on the East Coast is the absolute worst!

I prefer west coast. Catch most games at 5 and then grab dinner afterwards? Yes please.
SFA Jack Fanatic
RichieVan said:

The women's game went long. ACU kept making too many easy buckets against a very poor Ladyjacks defense.
jboy93
What time is the bad boy getting underway?
cboothe09
Broadcast just started on ESPN+
cboothe09
Surely ACU can secure an antiperspirant sponsorship for Golding
cboothe09
Simmons for ACU reminds me of that offensive lineman that comes out to play...
MasterAxe
Time to man up down low. ACU dominating the paint early.
MasterAxe
Big guys getting embarrassed
LUMBERJACK2005
Not sure who it was that compared their big man to Jovan, but that's not fair at all to this big kid lol.
LUMBERJACK2005
I'm a fan of 42 for ACU now. Kid has his head on straight.
cboothe09
ACU might be the most obnoxious team in the Southland. Not sure why they bother me so much, but they are like nails on a chalkboard to me...
TallTexan
LUMBERJACK2005 said:

Not sure who it was that compared their big man to Jovan, but that's not fair at all to this big kid lol.
He was more Jovan than Giannis the first time around.
MasterAxe
cboothe09 said:

ACU might be the most obnoxious team in the Southland. Not sure why they bother me so much, but they are like nails on a chalkboard to me...

It's cause they're the ones that can beat us.
jboy93
I'll take being only down by 5 the way we have looked so far.
sfa17
Can't watch Solomon at the line
MasterAxe
1-6 on FT's.

Is the the game it burns us?
Ljacks&Longnecks
They have got to work with Solomon on shooting and particularly FTs.
jboy93
No way that's a charge!
TallTexan
Are these announcers from ACU or just bad?
LUMBERJACK2005
sfa17 said:

Can't watch Solomon at the line

Or anyone else
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.