SFA / Central Arkansas (2)

15,161 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Pilotgirl
jboy93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA [RV] (22-3, 13-1) vs. Central Arkansas (9-17, 8-7)

WHEN: FEB 19 (WED) 6:30 P.M.
WHERE: William R. Johnson Coliseum (Nacogdoches, TX)
WATCH: ESPN+

Deep breath. Exhale. That's it. It's time to lace up and go. No breaks from here until the end of the season. It's time to play and be our best. This is the month that we wait all year for. It's time for the Lumberjacks.

There's lots of reasons to be pumped for this game. A potential 10 game winning streak is on the line. National news media and AP/Coaches' Poll voters. Ken Pomeroy - whose own metrics are the main reason for SFA's season being undervalued - making a case for an at-large bid. Closing in on that all important double bye in Katy. Kevon Harris being 3 points (!!!) away from passing Thomas Walkup for leading Jacks D1 scorer. Take your pick. It's a good day to be a Jacks fan.

Central Arkansas still wants to spoil the day for all of us. Last time, they out-rebounded us, had more assists than us, more blocks, more forced turnovers, and more free throws made. We still somehow snuck out with our closest win of the season. On a night where we gave up an 8 point lead with 2:30 to go, Kevon somehow made one free throw (in a game where we shot 33.3% from the line) to win. But, let me remind you that UCA top scorer Deandre Jones did not play in that game. The Bears are always a threat.

The Jacks have had a week of rest. The biggest thing will be if Comeaux can go and play his full minutes tonight coming off his ankle injury. Otherwise, it will be the same old story for this conference year. Bigs play big. Kevon does his thing. Pray for some bench help. And make free throws!!! We would have considered last game a slaughter if the Jacks had shot even 60% last time. It may not yet be March, but now is the time we have to start playing like it. Nobody is waiting to clap SFA on the back for what could have been. We have to take it.

Axe 'em!

***Sorry jboy93 for co-opting your post. Thanks for starting the thread. I tried to get your meme to show up but couldn't get it. And like you said, "GO JACKS!!!"***

jboy93
I'm not smart enough to know anything about CA, I'm just ready to come to the Sawmill and kick some CA butt!
And to show those youngsters how to act at a game!
BigJack85
I agree. Axe 'Em Jacks! Beat UCA.
KirkHeath12
Comeaux playing?
Class of 2012
Axe Em
No-look
I've gotten spoiled by nacluth's pre game analysts. Hope all is well with him.... Every game is a big game for the rest of the season. Stay focused. Axe'Em!!!
No-look
KirkHeath12 said:

Comeaux playing?
Wondering the same.
SFAJack_76
No-look said:

KirkHeath12 said:

Comeaux playing?
Wondering the same.
Probably won't know until they come out for pregame warmup.
nacluth
No-look said:

I've gotten spoiled by nacluth's pre game analysts. Hope all is well with him.... Every game is a big game for the rest of the season. Stay focused. Axe'Em!!!
Ha. Thanks No-look. I took over jboy's post and put something up there. Less analysis since we've seen them play before and more context. I'll be in and out of the game tonight, but we need this one bad. Let's get it.
KirkHeath12
SFA is a 13 point favorite.
Class of 2012
Axe Em
PurpleOut
Staff
Not expecting John to play tonight, from what I heard the other day.
jboy93
nacluth said:

No-look said:

Ha. Thanks No-look. I took over jboy's post and put something up there. Less analysis since we've seen them play before and more context. I'll be in and out of the game tonight, but we need this one bad. Let's get it.
You can take over my post any time! You have some meat to your post and me on the other hand, just a Jack fan that wants the best for his university! Basketball is where we can get recognized nationwide and I love that. How many people across American now knows where Nacogdoches is because of our men's basketball program over the past several years?!?
Hope Kevon can keep his average up till the end of the season. By my math if he does he will become the GOAT of SFA!
cboothe09
My only concern in a game like this, is UCA getting hot from behind the arc (We know their love of the 3-ball), and us going cold. Defense has looked outstanding the last few weeks because of some tweaks, so not as big of a concern as it was the last time we played...
CertifiedAxeman98
I want them to setup a first play down the court to get Kevon open for a 3.
TallTexan
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

I want them to setup a first play down the court to get Kevon open for a 3.
I want us to rest him for the first 5 minutes on the chance that my meeting runs over and I get to Nac a few minutes late.
jboy93
This weather is putting a damper (no pun intended) on driving to Nac for the game tonight. My wife thinks I'm crazy for wanting to drive a hour and a half in this stuff!
jboy93
Sorry gonna have to watch this one tonight. Raining too hard here in Tyler. That really ticks me off!
SFAJack_76
Comeaux warming up. Looks okay.
No-look
Weak crowd so far.
SFAJack_76
No-look said:

Weak crowd so far.

Worse than weak ... pathetic.
sfa17
John gonna start
jboy93
Can we not watch tonight's game?
Pilotgirl
jboy93 said:

Can we not watch tonight's game?

I am having difficulty too. ESPN says it hasn't started yet but I know it has
Pilotgirl
Finally got it!
jboy93
Can't get it...guess it's Rob and the radio tonight.
Pilotgirl
Try exiting and then opening it back up. I also logged out and logged back in.
cboothe09
I haven't had any problems with ESPN+ tonight
RedRiverLa
Another meh start. Playing to their level and leaving 3s wide open - thank goodness UCA aren't hot.
nacluth
Slow start. Everyone is waiting on Kevon.
cboothe09
Ugly start offensively. Potential to get a little chippy...
Pilotgirl
RedRiverLa said:

Another meh start. Playing to their level and leaving 3s wide open - thank goodness UCA aren't hot.

Let's hope they stay that way
sfa17
Roti EveryWare
nacluth
Roti playing well. Be back later. Put the bears away.
cboothe09
Good play by Hart there. Impressive basket for Gavin
RedRiverLa
so far the theme of the night "missed the layup"
SFA Jack Fanatic
Missing a ton of point-blank layups.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.