SFA / Central Arkansas (2)

15,392 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Pilotgirl
jboy93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ed, I'm going to be way off on the contest tonight. Will have to pass you another night!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Cam has beautiful ball control on his shots.
SFA Jack Fanatic
jboy93 said:

Ed, I'm going to be way off on the contest tonight. Will have to pass you another night!
I tried to warn you, but you didn't listen.
RedRiverLa
Almost let this game end without my obligatory post, but - their point guard palms the ball every time down the floor.
Ljacks&Longnecks
We have WAY too many turnovers tonight 21 at 4 minutes to go
SFA Jack Fanatic
RedRiverLa said:

Almost let this game end without my obligatory post, but - their point guard palms the ball every time down the floor.
I think on one drive at the 13:35 mark of the first half he didn't palm it.
nacluth
Coming back to a 20+ point lead is nice. But our third team looks like they will milk it down to 8 or so. 10 scorers is great. 20+ turnovers not so much.
cboothe09
Sammies slump continues...They fall at home to Lamar tonight 77-65
RedRiverLa
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

RedRiverLa said:

I think on one drive at the 13:35 mark of the first half he didn't palm it.
I remember, that was the one he double dribbled on
nacluth
Because of the Sam loss, we clinch at least a first round bye with this win.
MasterAxe
Degenerate Gambler Alert:

Line was SFA -12.5, SFA covers.

O/U 150...so the huge rally by UCA hits the over, by one.
nacluth
10 in a row! Solid win. Claps to Kevon.
jboy93
Good win . Great to see Kevon get some rest. Went cold the last 10 minutes but the game was pretty much in hand! Keep on winning baby!
cboothe09
Keep an eye on Incarnate Word. The Cardinals are giving McNeese a game right now...ACU starting to pull away from HBU
jboy93
I'm also really excited to see Calvin continue to grow. He has been a very pleasant surprise this year. Not a ton of minutes but makes the most of the time he gets on the floor!
djsfw57
Imagine how badly we would have beaten them if we didn't have so many turnovers and if we had made those easy layups... it would have been a bloodbath. But I'm happy with the win.
nacluth
We had a win probability of 90% at 8-6, and it never got less than that from there on. 99.5% at half and it never wavered. Wonder when Haslemetrics considered the game analytically over?
Ljacks&Longnecks
What is Kevon's total points ? He owns the NCAA portion of the scoring record but I'm guessing that James Silas 1884 pts is still the overall high mark in SFA history.

Edit----I believe Kevon stands at 1755 pts.
Pilotgirl
cboothe09 said:

Keep an eye on Incarnate Word. The Cardinals are giving McNeese a game right now...ACU starting to pull away from HBU

They are tied for 9th. They are just excited to be out from the very bottom of the conference
cboothe09
Excited to be out of the basement and start playing spoiler
Ljacks&Longnecks
Don't sleep on UIW at home. We have struggled with them there. I know what should happen on Saturday but take no one for granted.
Pilotgirl
If we lose to UIW, we don't deserve to go to the tournament. My opinion.
cboothe09
I agree, losing to them would be very very bad, but don't completely poo poo them...

They have the youngest roster in the SLC by far, and are starting to gel. I wasn't impressed when I watched them against Sam, but they got the win and that is all that matters. At some point they will run out of gas. We will be their 14th consecutive game. They play 18 straight to end conference play.
cboothe09
Five regular season and at least one SLC tournament game. He is averaging 18 a game, so with at least six left he would be sitting around 1,863, if he holds his average (18x6=108)...Add another game for the SLC finals and he is at 1,881...He is definitely on pace to make this interesting...
Pilotgirl
So guess what? We don't all have to agree with each other. We can have different opinions/takes on situations/games/teams/etc. I didn't sh*t on them, but what I am saying/implying is that....IF we want to continue getting votes, making our run, etc...we cannot expect to lose to UIW and then make a run in the NCAA tournament. If we lose to them, we will be in the national eye again...but they would be laughing at us, not pleading our case about how tough of a team we are and how we should be in at-large convos.

I get what you're saying..and I hope they do improve. I hope the ENTIRE conference improves, if only for SFAs sake.
Pilotgirl
And Duke is losing by 23 to NC State. Little more than 3 minutes left. Uh oh.
cboothe09
Sorry if I misinterpreted your original statement. Conference play this year has left me uneasy going into games too confident. Maybe lingering issues from last year, or maybe just straight paranoia.

Either way, while UIW does have the ability to upset someone (See: Houston, Sam), I don't think it will be us. It would take a lot to go wrong for us, and a lot to go right for them. Not saying it will happen, because I don't expect it to. I just hate taking any teams lightly, especially at this point in the season...
Pilotgirl
I never want us to take ANY team for granted. I hate the way we start late as well as play Up or Down to competition. We gotta win out, IMO.
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

And Duke is losing by 23 to NC State. Little more than 3 minutes left. Uh oh.

Down goes Duke. Again.
TallTexan
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Don't sleep on UIW at home. We have struggled with them there. I know what should happen on Saturday but take no one for granted.

Need to get some local Jacks fans to the game.
Ljacks&Longnecks
I'll be driving down from Austin for both games.

Then coming to Nac on 29th for Lamar games.
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Need to get some local Jacks fans to the game.

V and I are driving from Sugar Land.
SFAJack_76
djsfw57 said:

Uh, "Country"? Did he just pull that out of his ass? I've never heard Daniels called that before. Maybe I just haven't been paying attention. Seems a bit sophomoric to me. I was busy doing other things and just listening at the beginning of the game, and I had no clue who he was talking about until I started watching.

On another note, damn we are missing some easy layups...
Country is his nickname. Coaches and teammates all call him that.
SFAJack_76
jboy93
Man I love this team! Kevon deserves it and I really hope he gets to the top. After all that this team went through last year (well as least the three that are back from last year), the Sweet 16 is in site!!!! And yes I don't think that is too far of a goal to achieve.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.