SFA / Sam Houston

21,691 Views | 191 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Pilotgirl
jboy93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just an observation from someone that isn't a basketball person...just going on the eye test. Does't seem like Kevon is as "smooth" as years past?I know he is getting his points but just doesn't seem right. Lots of turnovers and kinda out of control at times. I love Kevon but just doesn't seem himself. Am I right or wrong? Probably wrong I know but just a thought.
jboy93
And yes I'm doing this during the Super Bowl with me being from Whitehouse and my daughter graduating with Mahomes!
No-look
jboy93 said:

Just an observation from someone that isn't a basketball person...just going on the eye test. Does't seem like Kevon is as "smooth" as years past?I know he is getting his points but just doesn't seem right. Lots of turnovers and kinda out of control at times. I love Kevon but just doesn't seem himself. Am I right or wrong? Probably wrong I know but just a thought.
. Turnovers have plagued him some this year. But he still is the heart of the team. Teams are keying on him and and doubling up on him. But he's still the man.
SFA Jack Fanatic
jboy93 said:

I tend to agree. I think he's just trying too hard and not playing relaxed.
BigJack85
My thought is that the wear and tear of being keyed on EVERY NIGHT can take a toll. I'd like to see us get control of a couple of these home games EARLY so we can give Kevon more than 8 minutes off.
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan said:

Last year for the game against Sam Houston, their PD tried to act like they were gonna file charges against me in the days after the game because I made a joke on here about convincing someone to let me run one of their twitter accounts.

Worse, they tried to say that one of our admins on this site had reported it as a security threat, which we all know is untrue.

So Sam Houston PD, if you're lurking here this weekend, just know, if you try that nonsense again, this time my lawyer will be involved. Not the first time your university has been sued for rights violations & it certainly won't be the last.

I hope our guys put an all time whooping on this university.
Wait, what? How did I miss that?
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Wait, what? How did I miss that?
Ya last year was "interesting". Someone I know, who shall remain nameless for their protection, is affiliated with Sam. And at the game last year, they were wanting to live tweet the game from one of Sam's account because the usual person was sick. So they had to ask me which account they had up on their phone currently.

I posted here and said something along the lines of "Had to provide tech support for a bearkat on twitter basics, if we're lucky maybe they'll let me live tweet it instead so we can have the appropriate amount of purple on their feed."

And Sam Houston's finest, in their best Inspector Clouseau impressions, took it as a hacking threat. From what I gathered later, they locked all Sam Houston media accounts certain that a full blown hacking scheme was afoot, started looking into my background, and tried to act like Sawmillers are the one who reported it out of a "severe concern" for the cybersecurity of Sam Houston.

It was a whole thing at my parents' house for like a week, my mom is still certain that I did something to cause it.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

It was a whole thing at my parents' house for like a week, my mom is still certain that I did something to cause it.

(Psst... It's just us now, so what really happened?)
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

TallTexan said:

(Psst... It's just us now, so what really happened?)
Lol I wish the story was more fun. That was really it.

I will admit that I tagged a few of the Bearkat twitter accounts this year and asked if I could "pretty pretty please livetweet for them" and that I'd be on my best behavior.
SFAJack_76
Heard that Cam got to the gym about 30 minutes before tip. Out of his own pocket, he flew to where the funeral was and made it back in time for the game. That says so much to me about him and this team.
nacluth
SFAJack_76 said:

Heard that Cam got to the gym about 30 minutes before tip. Out of his own pocket, he flew to where the funeral was and made it back in time for the game. That says so much to me about him and this team.
Yep. Hope Cam really shows out the rest of this year. Sounds like he deserves to find some relief in basketball.
SFAJack_76
jboy93 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic
That explains a lot, but does he mean healthwise or less-than-stellar playwise?
PurpleOut
Staff
He's been battling a knee issue all year, which was apparent in the ACU game. Didn't seem quite as bad Saturday, but he's not 100%.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

I stan.
SFAJack_76
Oddyst lost a cousin last week also. Tough week for our Jacks.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Wow. That's incredibly dedicated to his friend & to SFA.
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Wow. That's incredibly dedicated to his friend & to SFA.

We gotta Cram the Coliseum for Cam

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.