SFA / Arlington Baptist

18,896 Views | 119 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think the redshirt rule for basketball has not changed. That is, if you step on the floor for any amount of time, you can not redshirt that season. The exception would be due to medical. Then you can apply if you have not participated in more than 30% of the games. I don't know that, but can't find anything different.

Kharee has played seven minutes over three games. Is he injured or in the proverbial "dog house"?
sfajack05
This is what I found on the NCAA website:

"Redshirt: In Divisions I or II, redshirting refers to someone who is enrolled full-time at a school, but does not play for an entire academic year for the sole purpose of saving a season of competition. A redshirt does not play in any college games or scrimmage in a given sport for an entire academic year, even though that student is otherwise eligible. If you do not play in a sport the entire academic year, you have not used a season of competition. However, if you play in even one second of a game as a college student-athlete, you are not a redshirt."
LUMBERJACK2005
nacluth said:

He took a tumble early. They kept him out just to keep from getting injured.

By the way, I just saw the Jacks superfan on YouTube.

I'm smiling from ear to ear after that video.
Rev007
Waiting for Ryan to give his prognostication on the Friday game vs Alabama. We shouldn't overlook their losing record. They played tough against North Carolina. I'm thinking about making the drive to Tuscaloosa on Friday.
Jacks4460
No-look said:

Redshirt is what I'm hearing.
Yes that is what I just heard too... Along with Brown..
purpleballs
Maybe this has changed because it did in football. I believe in football they can play in 3 or 4 games and still redshirt.
TallTexan
Dang I think you're right. I thought they changed it for both sports at the same time. I believe Kharee did have an injury at some point, maybe SFA is using that to get a redshirt for him? Idk.
TallTexan

Brown is healing up it seems.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I think you're right. They must be basing it on an injury. Someone inside the program said they're redshirting him.
TallTexan
College Basketball needs a redshirt rule where you can play up to 8-10 games.

That'd be huge for programs like ours.
nacluth
Rev007 said:

Waiting for Ryan to give his prognostication on the Friday game vs Alabama. We shouldn't overlook their losing record. They played tough against North Carolina. I'm thinking about making the drive to Tuscaloosa on Friday.
It's coming soon. I think I have some good stuff. The preview is that it will be a tough game. The criticisms against SFA's schedule are valid, and this will help determine whether we're something now or just a threat for the future.
LUMBERJACK2005
Rev007 said:

Where are you leaving from?
Rev007
Tyler
PurpleForever
Redshirt Rule has not changed for basketball. If a player touches the court during the season he's no longer eligible without a Medical Redshirt. Medical Redshirt (Medical Hardship) requires the athletic trainer to sign off saying the player was incapacitated, or in other words the injury was season ending.

Brown, as of now, is eligible unless he regains his health. McDaniel is not eligible for either redshirt currently.
PurpleForever
Wish I was able to go. I also live in Tyler but I won't be able to make it.
SFA Jack Fanatic
The coaching staff says he is being redshirted. That's good enough for me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.