SFA / Arlington Baptist

19,094 Views | 119 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is what the Duke score would have looked like if we'd had neutral refs.
nacluth
Only Cam Johnson dunks from here on out.
SFASawmillGuy
Also, I just realized our bench has been playing! Everyone is just so much better than them!
Pilotgirl
Can we play some random fans in the audience? Maybe Texan might want a turn...
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

I mean, if I must. Me and the guitar maker can play some lock down defense and if I give him a boost, maybe we'll even account for a dunk.
nacluth
I'm game.
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

Pilotgirl said:

I mean, if I must. Me and the guitar maker can play some lock down defense and if I give him a boost, maybe we'll even account for a dunk.

I would pay good $$ to see that!
nacluth
Real fact: I have played a competitive basketball game on this court. My stat line: 1 steal.
nacluth
2 more points to hit my score. Come on. Oh well no need to rub it in.
BigJack85
You played at WRJ? For the Jacks or HS playoffs???
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
nacluth
Nacogdoches U-12 finals. The buckets were too high I didn't even attempt the shot. Just passed it to our good player.
BigJack85
Cool. Cool. Already part of the Lumberjacks supporting cast!!!
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
sfajack05
How did Hart, Walker, and some of the other bench guys look tonight?

How was the crowd tonight? More specifically the student section? I didn't get to watch until the second half and it looked pretty bare from the camera angle and they were just sitting there.
nacluth
Everyone looked good tonight. Really good crowd for Arlington Baptist. Student section was ok. Just wasn't the juice that an actual game supplies, but they were loving the highlight reel stuff.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Got confirmation from a totally reliable source that McDaniel is being redshirted.

That's a great move, IMO. Really improves the 2020-2021 version (and beyond) of the Jacks.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I'd even pay 10 pesos to see that.
SFAJack_76
sfajack05 said:

How did Hart, Walker, and some of the other bench guys look tonight?

How was the crowd tonight? More specifically the student section? I didn't get to watch until the second half and it looked pretty bare from the camera angle and they were just sitting there.
I think Walker had his best game of the year. 2-4 from three.Ware and Hart had their best games as a Lumberjack.

Ware broke out of his scoring woes by going to the bucket. 0-2 from three, and the second one was ugly. He did hit a nice mid range jumper in the second half. A little sloppy with the ball early, but got better.

Hart was a scoring machine around the basket shooting 8-9 in 22 minutes. Also sloppy with the ball on too many occasions. Looked gassed late.

Kachelries had a nice game at point with seven assists and only two turnovers.

Keep in mind that all of this came against a supremely undermanned team.
jboy93
Getting home from work and just saw Nate only played a couple of minutes. Is that due to the world wind week that he has had?
nacluth
He took a tumble early. They kept him out just to keep from getting injured.

By the way, I just saw the Jacks superfan on YouTube.

SFAJack_76
jboy93 said:

Getting home from work and just saw Nate only played a couple of minutes. Is that due to the world wind week that he has had?
He rolled his ankle. Hobbled pretty bad getting off the court. Seemed to be moving fine later. Didn't need him.
TallTexan
I was over talking to Chaunsea post game and Bain came up. He seemed fine. He told Chaunsea it was all part of his plan, strategic move on his part.
sfajack05
Thanks.

Hopefully this game will give them some confidence for the season. Hart, Roti, and Walker could be huge later in the season. We need some knock down three point shooters.
jboy93
nacluth said:

He took a tumble early. They kept him out just to keep from getting injured.

By the way, I just saw the Jacks superfan on YouTube.

I ought to get some kind of title for being up that late or early...the news actually send me a message on FB about doing an interview but I didn't see it for a couple of days so I missed out!
jboy93
Just another quick question. How was the crowd and the student turnout? Hoping for some positive comments here!
No-look
In case anyone hasn't noticed, this team is deep. That's without Brown.
No-look
jboy93 said:

Just another quick question. How was the crowd and the student turnout? Hoping for some positive comments here!
Both were good. Good turnout. A nice buzz in the house. Crowd got into it with all the dunks.
wahlwesle
nacluth said:

I just had three hot dogs. And Roti Ware everybody.
Thats the benefit of these games. It gives our guys that are struggling offensively a bit of confidence.
RedRiverLa
Only criticism I have is that coach didn't put any of the cheer/dance team members in the game. You'd think 30 national championships would get some respect, at least in garbage time (which began with 15:45 left in the 1st half)
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Real fact: I have played a competitive basketball game on this court. My stat line: 1 steal.

I take it you missed the tomahawk dunk on the fast break then?
nacluth
Story of my life.
Jacks4460
Just looked at the box score and Kharee McDaniel wasnt even in it. Saw that Zivney even had 14 minutes.. What has happend with McDaniel.. I guess he is in the dog house..
Rev007
I'm not claiming to have any insider knowledge of why Kharee didn't play a single minute. I was in a good position to watch all the players on the bench, and Kharee seemed in good spirits. He had a smile on his face and was encouraging the other players. I thought he would get to play in the second half because he changed his seat to right between the assistant coaches. Is it possible to redshirt someone who has played in a couple of games and doesn't appear to have a serious injury?
TallTexan
Yep. I think the limit is 4 games, like football. Which is dumb, they should make it an equivalent percentage of the season, so it'd be maybe 10+ games you could play before you redshirt.

But yes, Kharee seemed in good spirits. I know in today's insta-transfer culture we always think kids will leave if they don't play, but it wasn't so many years ago that we redshirted Walkup and that paid off like crazy.

Have to remember, even with his HS accomplishments, we were able to steal Kharee late because we were his best offer. I think a 5yr career at SFA might be Kharee's best path for developing as a player.
nacluth
Like 76 said earlier, when they came out for warmups, he participated but did not act 100% physically. Sounds like he is getting redshirted though I wonder why they are still dressing him out.
No-look
Redshirt is what I'm hearing.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.