SFA / Arkansas State

16,556 Views | 100 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Pilotgirl
sfa17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GAVIN IS OKAY
Ljacks&Longnecks
Post game report...Meyers says Keller said Kesmil is okay.
No-look
sfa17 said:

GAVIN IS OKAY
!!!!!!!!
No-look
There is no way the Jacks had their legs under them today. Hopefully all players can get some playing time Monday night and be rested for Alabama.
nacluth
It's not going to look huge on any accounting of this season, but I think this was a huge win. It would have been so easy to be deflated mentally and physically after the Duke game. Another great shooting game, and we put away a team we should have put away despite ESPN's power stats. Great play Jacks!
BigJack85
100% agree. This is a huge one leading to Alabama. Arlington Baptist should be a great opportunity to get some of back end of the rotation some valuable time.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
purpleballs
BigJack85 said:

100% agree. This is a huge one leading to Alabama. Arlington Baptist should be a great opportunity to get some of back end of the rotation some valuable time.

Sounds good but let's not underestimate anyone. Crazy things have been known to happen on the court.
SFAJack_76
purpleballs said:

BigJack85 said:

Sounds good but let's not underestimate anyone. Crazy things have been known to happen on the court.
0-7 Arlington Baptist including:

ACU 90 Arlington Baptist 39

Lamar 106 Arlington Baptist 61

McNeese 103 Arlington Baptist 51

That would be something well beyond crazy.
sfa17
Crazier than beating duke at Cameron?
SFAJack_76
sfa17 said:

Crazier than beating duke at Cameron?
Yes.
jboy93
I know it's early but can Gavin get Newcomer of the Year, 1st team, and defensive player of the year all in his first season? He is having a heck of a start! What a night 20/15 on 8 of 10 from the floor and our best shooter from the foul line!
Pilotgirl
Is Ark St a home & home?
SFAJack_76
jboy93 said:

I know it's early but can Gavin get Newcomer of the Year, 1st team, and defensive player of the year all in his first season? He is having a heck of a start! What a night 20/15 on 8 of 10 from the floor and our best shooter from the foul line!
Particularly with Brown being injured, Kensmil has been the best addition to the team. He gives us the inside presence we have been missing. His performance gives Solomon and Hart time to learn and grow into the D1 game.
SFAJack_76
Our external communication/media staff being short handed is really showing. There hasn't been a story about this game posted yet.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Our external communication/media staff being short handed is really showing. There hasn't been a story about this game posted yet.

I hope the reason for the delay in filling those roles is because we're building a media arm that isn't kneecapped by one or two departures.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

I hope the reason for the delay in filling those roles is because we're building a media arm that isn't kneecapped by one or two departures.
They were at least three short recently. Hired Kevin Young as assistant AD for external affairs. He is also listed as acting SID. I suspect they are taking this opportunity for some reorganization. The posted directory does not show Crittenden in his new job, but still as soccer coach.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I don't think I've ever heard what Brown's injury is. Anyone know? And is it definitely season-ending?
SFA Jack Fanatic
I'm also confused as to why McDaniel is seeing zero court time. What's the deal there?? Are they planning to redshirt him?
No-look
Wondering that myself.
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I'm also confused as to why McDaniel is seeing zero court time. What's the deal there?? Are they planning to redshirt him?
I'm hoping he will get significant moments tomorrow night.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

They were at least three short recently. Hired Kevin Young as assistant AD for external affairs. He is also listed as acting SID. I suspect they are taking this opportunity for some reorganization. The posted directory does not show Crittenden in his new job, but still as soccer coach.

Crittenden's new job was just listed last week on the SFA jobs site, so likely still some formalities in the process before he's officially switched over.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Pilotgirl said:

Is Ark St a home & home?
During the broadcast, Rob Meyers said that Ark St would be in Nac next year
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I don't think I've ever heard what Brown's injury is. Anyone know? And is it definitely season-ending?
His foot is in a cast. I don't know the specifics of the injury. I was told he was out for the year. Right or wrong, I don't know.
FLK_LMB
SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Any word on why the media team was short so many people so quickly?
SFAJack_76
FLK_LMB said:

SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

I know Hurley took a job at University of New Mexico. Pate moved into Development for the Business School. Advancements for both of these guys.
SFAJack_76
Putting this here just because I don't know where else to go with it.
FLK_LMB
SFAJack_76 said:

FLK_LMB said:

SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

I know Hurley took a job at University of New Mexico. Pate moved into Development for the Business School. Advancements for both of these guys.
Seems counterintuitive to try and build something good here at SFA but also have good people walk out the door. By all appearances, SFA seemed to have a good squad on the media side as recently as six months ago, did we not?
TallTexan
I'm glad we kept Pate in Nacogdoches.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Putting this here just because I don't know where else to go with it.

Good for Aaron. He's finishing his degree at SFA, so he's still a Lumberjack, even if it didn't work out with basketball.

And if he can impart any of his defensive wisdom to Nana, even better.
TallTexan
FLK_LMB said:

SFAJack_76 said:

FLK_LMB said:

SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Seems counterintuitive to try and build something good here at SFA but also have good people walk out the door. By all appearances, SFA seemed to have a good squad on the media side as recently as six months ago, did we not?
Well, you can always do the inverse, you can hire bad employees & they'll stay.

Really you're only option is to hire great talents & let them work hard while we have them, which I feel is what we've done historically. Just need to build in more redundancy so we have an up & comer or student intern ready to slide into the role immediately.

But I also think this is giving Ivey a good chance to revamp some things in the department, like ticketing, etc while he can.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

FLK_LMB said:

SFAJack_76 said:

FLK_LMB said:

SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Really you're only option is to hire great talents & let them work hard while we have them, which I feel is what we've done historically. Just need to build in more redundancy so we have an up & comer or student intern ready to slide into the role immediately.

But I also think this is giving Ivey a good chance to revamp some things in the department, like ticketing, etc while he can.
Yep. I want to have people that are good enough to get better opportunities, even when it means we lose them from SFA.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

FLK_LMB said:

SFAJack_76 said:

FLK_LMB said:

SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Yep. I want to have people that are good enough to get better opportunities, even when it means we lose them from SFA.

And plus, SFA's pay is, well, lacking...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.