SFA/Louisiana-Monroe

12,946 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think we just cut it to 5...not 4. But I was way into the game and shouting to support the guys that I could be totally wrong. Bench was pumped during that time but we just could not convert or get our rebounds.

All these issues are injury/sickness related and that just really sucks but nothing you can do then use what you have & play the waiting game. I'd love to see any team with 3 of their best players out with injuries/sick & then backups also getting hurt----have an awesome pre-conference. I'm just going to keep showing up & cheering them on---whoever is playing on the court.
Ljacks&Longnecks
You are so right Pilotgirl..sucks and disheartening for now til players return.

We lost 3 quality seniors from last season---then lose a TJ----then have only had Aaron for a couple of games....and missing a Comeaux too. So the way I see it we are missing 3 starters and likely the first 2 off the bench right now. We can say that Fitz is covering one of those spots but still leaves us a big hole and having to force the freshmen in likely before their time so to speak. That's a heck of a roadblock to success.
Really at this point all we can do is support the team and wait out the injuries. Just imagine how short we would be if Nicholas had not received a waiver to play.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

All these issues are injury/sickness related and that just really sucks but nothing you can do then use what you have & play the waiting game. I'd love to see any team with 3 of their best players out with injuries/sick & then backups also getting hurt----have an awesome pre-conference. I'm just going to keep showing up & cheering them on---whoever is playing on the court.

You hit the proverbial nail on the head, Pilot. All we can do is support our walking wounded and hope for speedy recoveries for all. The coaching staff has been dealt a bad hand and are doing the best they can with what they have available from game to game.

BTW, I think someone said somewhere that Gru is under concussion protocol and Sammie has a bad back. Is that correct?
SFAJack_76
In the LaTech post game, one of the assistants said that Jovan had gotten a concussion in practice that week.
Pilotgirl
Yes...he is still recovering from a concussion. Samuli was at ULM but not in uniform.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.