SFA/Louisiana-Monroe

13,082 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pilotgirl
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yikes. Tough watching Keller's squad this year. Inconsistent doesn't begin to describe it.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
nacluth
Crazy to think if you erased the first four minutes we would only be down by 2 because it seemed like we lost a lot more of the half than that.

13 point second half deficit coming up. That seems to be our magic number for comebacks. Got to make it happen. If Keller gets away with 0 techs it's going to be a miracle.
Pilotgirl
Some of these calls are ridic. Im glad Keller is passionate. Supporting this team is sooo important. Now more than ever. Glad i made the 3.5 hr drive. Going to make as many as I can!
nacluth
Single digits!
nacluth
Calls have flipped to our direction in first four. Five fouls and a goaltend.
nacluth
Down 7 at first media.
nacluth
Sloppy passing today.
Pilotgirl
Had soany chances to convert. ULM is tiring out. Need to capitalize. Kevon is called for flagrant.
nacluth
Kevon with the flagrant.
nacluth
Nine points down 9:51 left
Pilotgirl
Sloppy handling. They are frustrated.
nacluth
What I don't understand is how our offense works so well when Kevon drives in to draw fouls. It opens up our perimeter offense so much, but we opt for continued perimeter work and take Kevon out of it. It's no mystery how we got back into this game, but go away from Kevon back down by double digits.
nacluth
Bain out at 7:37 left.
nacluth
14 down 7 left. Then Bogues goes for three.
nacluth
Where's Jock second half?
BigJack85
This is just hard to watch. I'm out. I'll check in with Keller next year.
Pilotgirl
BigJack85 said:

This is just hard to watch. I'm out. I'll check in with Keller next year.

Bye.
nacluth
3:36 left down 15. I'm gassed. I know Kevon who's played every minute has to be. Making fatigued decisions. Maybe we'll make it interesting?
nacluth
This team is in Kaspar's league. Unfortunately they have seen how to close out a game.
CertifiedAxeman98
What a mess. You have your only point guard out with Mono so you don't have him guarding Ertel, You have 2 bench guys with experience out with injuries. You can't buy a bucket the first 10 minutes of the game. Bain's stat line is 1 rebound and 5 fouls. Harris, Bogues and Fitzgerald are the only guys giving you any offense again this game and they are having to play most of the game, Fitzgerald & Bogues have 4 fouls down by 15 with 3:35 left to play. I am a bit glad I am not watching this today.

With Augustine in you could have won the LA Tech game and for sure this would be a closer game. Point guard has been the weakness of this team all fall.

Tough fall for Keller trying to manage a team that is injured and sick with an ever changing bench. Not much you can do when you graduated 3 guys that either started or gave you good minutes and experience and then you lose your 2 point guards and your best post player in TJ to start the season. So he has to lean on Harris, Bogues and Fitzgerald.
No-look
Sounds like we're playing without two point guards and TJ.
nacluth
0-2 to start December. Baylor next. Got to get some guys back. Aaron, Sammy, Jovan, maybe Comeaux or conference play is going to be long. Harris and Bogues cannot play 36+ minutes.
MasterAxe
Baylor and Bama gonna beat our brains in.

I feel like people are starting to come around to what I've been saying all year:

Our stars are playing WAY too many minutes in games that ultimately don't matter.

We looked gassed and aren't even to conference yet.
CertifiedAxeman98
Got to get Augustine and hopefully Comeaux back by conference play, I believe TJ is out for the season so hopefully between Nicholas and Seraille they can help fill in that gap some. The issue that we will run into now is that even if we win the SL tournament and get in we will be looking at a 15 or 16 seed since the SL is so bad only 2 teams above 250 and 6 are in the 300's in Kenpom.
RedRiverLa
It's a rough fall. Really kind of unbelievable all the things that have hit the program to start this year. We just have to weather through this, use these games to season some guys that lack experience, hopefully get some guys back and healthy and get ready for conference. I hate to have to keep pointing to conference, but it I think thats the best we can hope for. However, you can't just turn it on for conference play. This next stretch could be brutal, and for obvious selfish reasons I hate we went O-fer against Louisiana teams, I won't hear the end of it.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
CertifiedAxeman98
nacluth said:

0-2 to start December. Baylor next. Got to get some guys back. Aaron, Sammy, Jovan, maybe Comeaux or conference play is going to be long. Harris and Bogues cannot play 36+ minutes.
100% agree. Especially Aaron. They would completely change the out come of this game and the LA tech game and are needed badly going forward.
BigJack85
I'll tune in come January.
TallTexan
Was hanging out on Bathhouse Row getting a massage, what'd I miss?
RedRiverLa
I'll be at WRJ for Arlington Baptist. I know everyone is looking toward Alabama, but AB only lost to Texas Wesleyan by 8, so...
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
SFAJack_76
RedRiverLa said:

I'll be at WRJ for Arlington Baptist. I know everyone is looking toward Alabama, but AB only lost to Texas Wesleyan by 8, so...
Probably the kind of game this team needs.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

Perhaps I am missing them, but I don't see Jovan, Aaron, or Samuli. That would mean we go in with eight scholarship players again. Perhaps we won't have four foul out.

Sammi was there. Aaron & Jovan still out. Don't know how much will change for Tues.
PurpleOut
Staff
Was out of town this weekend so didn't get to watch. Followed along on my phone, unfortunately.

I thought when we cut it to 4 that we'd pull through and get the W, but it went the opposite direction from there. Jovan doesn't provide much, but at this point we just need him to log minutes and help keep everyone else out of foul trouble. With such a short bench, it's going to be harder to keep pressuring as much as you'd want. We're just really out of what we want to be doing. And unfortunately, there's not much we can do about it until we get some guys back.

No time frame for Aaron yet.
No-look
PurpleOut said:

Was out of town this weekend so didn't get to watch. Followed along on my phone, unfortunately.

I thought when we cut it to 4 that we'd pull through and get the W, but it went the opposite direction from there. Jovan doesn't provide much, but at this point we just need him to log minutes and help keep everyone else out of foul trouble. With such a short bench, it's going to be harder to keep pressuring as much as you'd want. We're just really out of what we want to be doing. And unfortunately, there's not much we can do about it until we get some guys back.

Any update on John ?
PurpleOut
Staff
No-look said:

PurpleOut said:

Any update on John ?

Could be end of January I think. Probably going to be up to him if he thinks he can go, but I don't think they want to rush it obviously.
Pilotgirl
I wouldn't rush Aaron either. I think we will be lucky if we get him for Bama.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.