SFA/Louisiana-Monroe

12,962 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Perhaps I am missing them, but I don't see Jovan, Aaron, or Samuli. That would mean we go in with eight scholarship players again. Perhaps we won't have four foul out.

BigJack85
Jeez. The injuries have got me really frustrated. ***. We need to look at the strength and conditioning goals. Certainly a concern.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Ljacks&Longnecks
Definitely a concern. Conference play is drawing near plus the Alabama showdown, would like to see bodies back on the bench.
And as for fouls, we are playing in Louisiana so that doesn't bode well with the usual home cooking
PurpleForever
A lot of our injuries can't really be put on the S&C. Aaron has mono, Gru has a concussion, and Samuli was hurt diving in a game. None of those can really be prepared for necessarily. I do think our players should be wearing those soft shell helmets that players wear in 7 on 7 because we seem to get a few concussions a year in practice.
SFAJack_76
Remember that an S&C coach dedicated to MBB was added just less than three months ago. They need an off season to get better. It takes time.

https://sfajacks.com/news/2018/9/18/mens-basketball-dukquits-added-to-sfas-strength-conditioning-staff.aspx?path=general
Pilotgirl
Headed out in the A.M. to go yo the game! I need a diversion /get outta Dodge activity this weekend & this fits the bill. Also want to support my team. They need a cheering section now more than ever. Will try to take some pics. Arena looks kinda neat...

Ill be going solo ...if anyone else is going, let me know! I will be shouting/cheering & have short red hair lol
SFAJack_76
Guess your daughter couldn't make it. Safe travels. Cheer loud.
TallTexan
We need a prediction thread.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Remember that an S&C coach dedicated to MBB was added just less than three months ago. They need an off season to get better. It takes time.

https://sfajacks.com/news/2018/9/18/mens-basketball-dukquits-added-to-sfas-strength-conditioning-staff.aspx?path=general

I guess I missed seeing that announcement earlier. That young man is certainly well-qualified and should be a difference-maker for the Jacks! As you say, it will take time...
KirkHeath12
MyBookie has the game as a pick em. Over/under 137.
Class of 2012
Axe Em
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

No She has several friends graduating today & will attend both grad ceremonies. In May it will be her turn !!
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

SFAJack_76 said:

No She has several friends graduating today & will attend both grad ceremonies. In May it will be her turn !!

Congrats! Just a few more months.
KirkHeath12
The game not on ESPN+ ?
Class of 2012
Axe Em
nacluth
Sorry everyone. Because of technical issues this week, we will not have a prediction contest for this game, but I will have something rolling for the Baylor game. No ESPN feed either. Have to pay ULM to watch.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Sorry everyone. Because of technical issues this week, we will not have a prediction contest for this game, but I will have something rolling for the Baylor game. No ESPN feed either. Have to pay ULM to watch.

I felt like this was the week I was going to capture that 7 night Alaskan cruise. This is a travesty.
SFA Jack Fanatic
KirkHeath12 said:

MyBookie has the game as a pick em. Over/under 137.
That's a positive sign, especially considering that Alabama is playing better now than they were earlier.
nacluth
So what's the feeling with the same lineup as the La Tech game? Nail biter or do we win by 20?
nacluth
This is how ULM has us listed: Millsaps.

Bout to open up a can of millsap on them.
nacluth
Pretty happy Mitch is getting the start over Karl honestly. He's earned it in the last couple games.
nacluth
Pilotgirl or Ron what's the attendance like? It looks super sparse on the feed. Like 200 max.
nacluth
By the way, the feed so far is free:

https://ulmwarhawks.com/watch/?Live=1129&type=Live
Pilotgirl
SFA? Maybe 20. All togeyher prolly 200 maybe or 150
nacluth
Looks like it. I bet the Ladyjacks' late game has 10x that.
Pilotgirl
nacluth
Rough first two minutes.
nacluth
Fitz two fouls two minutes. Guess it could be that kind of game.
nacluth
Two fouls on Bain next minute. Four fouls 0 points. Get it together Jacks!
nacluth
First media 11-0 ULM. So at this rate will lose 110 to 0. Poor start with Fitz and Bain already at 2 fouls a piece short handed. Got to settle in and do some work.
Pilotgirl
Early foul trouble and no baskets going in
They have a sharp perimeter shooter....
nacluth
Fitz has 3 fouls. Cannot score. No fgs 8 minutes in except a tip in by Bogues. 21-5 8 minutes in. Look like finals wiped us out.
nacluth
Finally Kevon
nacluth
Bain with 3 fouls. 18% to 56% shooting right now. Down 16.
nacluth
7 minutes left in first down by 16 (28-12). We've come back from 13 down in the second half twice in regulation. Will it happen again today? Already be down 18 in this one. Just not hitting shots. A normal shooting day and we're winning this game.
nacluth
Strong two minutes brings us back to 10 down (31-21)
Pilotgirl
Our shot is on Christmas break, FYI.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.