SFA / Marist

38,988 Views | 237 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pilotgirl
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jovan: Starter - 17 minutes, 4 points, 5 rebounds, 1 block and forces the player to take a tech (no timeouts) to seal the game. Gru style.
jboy93
Just looked at the box score. Did Mitch and Karl really not play at ALL?!
nacluth
No. Punished for team infraction sounds like.
nacluth
Got that tree cut down. Donald has a warm house tonight.
jboy93
Should that be something to be concerned with?
djsfw57
I'm a little surprised at how many seem to be riding the Doubt Bus already. This team is dealing with multiple injuries and several new players. If my memory serves me correctly, we were in this same position recently and had a banner season. I know what this team is capable of - and I trust Coach Keller to bring it out of them.

On another topic, can anyone tell me if you can record programs on ESPN+? Do they replay them? I can't watch most of the games live because of work and I don't want to pay for it if it only shows live. Thanks.
nacluth
ESPN+ has on-demand replay ability. I'm not sure how long the replays are available, but right now every SFA game is still available to watch.
MasterAxe
djsfw57 said:

I'm a little surprised at how many seem to be riding the Doubt Bus already. This team is dealing with multiple injuries and several new players. If my memory serves me correctly, we were in this same position recently and had a banner season. I know what this team is capable of - and I trust Coach Keller to bring it out of them.

On another topic, can anyone tell me if you can record programs on ESPN+? Do they replay them? I can't watch most of the games live because of work and I don't want to pay for it if it only shows live. Thanks.

Tonight was so weird. We had a week to prepare and came out looking awful. Awful. Makes me wonder what we did.

Then, with 4:00 to go the switch was hit and we went bonkers.

Let's face it, that would have been a bad loss, no matter what time of year. But, I think that could be a real springboard.

Finally, a good positive note at the end of a game.
No-look
Jock hitting those threes woke us up. We couldn't do anything with their zone until then. But it could be that WRJ magic!
CLHawkins
ESPN had attendance at 2,804. For
Anyone there did it seem like there were that many people there? Didn't seem like it on tv.
nacluth
Postgame shower thoughts (i.e. personal opinion):

Marist is not good. They are good at hitting uncontested threes, but they are not a good team in just about every other aspect. They have zero interior game. None. If they did, this would be a loss for SFA. It probably should have been anyway, but they aren't good. St. Edwards is a better team even though they are D2. If we had played them tonight, we lose. 12 points down with 3:23 left. We out score them by 16. Kaspar's residual spirit is dying for a team in WRJ not being able to hold that lead by sitting on the ball.

Aaron Augustin. 6 assists/2 to's is your line. At the end of this year, Bogues may have a NBA highlight reel to get a combine invite, or Kevon may hit Beast Mode and be SLC Player of the Year, or Fitz or Karl or Mitch may dazzle with their great post play, but I will remember then that all the success this team has comes through you. You make us a team. We may not be good now, but we can be a team because of you. Now we just need 4 positions to work. You are the leader. One of your teammates said you were the toughest person they know, and I believe it. Thank you for coming back. Stay healthy my friend.

Kevon is not Kevon. Kevon, we need you buddy. 39 minutes is too much.

Bogues is so good when he plays total offense. Drive and score. Hit threes. Do not try to be Aaron and get tons of assists. Just be the video game we know you are.

Fitz played great. Those first half points kept us alive. I look forward to him building as this season goes. Jovan was not bad. He's not great, but he did not lose us this game. He is actually looking like a player more than half of the time on the court. Props to him. Bain is all potentiality. If he can get locked in, then he will take our defense to the next level.

Thanks Jock for hitting those threes down the stretch. We got you to shoot. You opened our eyes to what could be. Now, let's work on growing into the system.

Karl, don't be a showboat. Nacogdoches does not want a diva. We want to love you for being a stud, but not if the price is an arrogance that takes away from the team. You were showing off after a slam in the SAGU game after you had blown three consecutive defensive plays. Not a good look. You were awesome in the Miami game, but we lost by 39. Be a team player and we'll lift you on our shoulders. Mitchell, people already love you. Get on board with where this team can go. This is what you're here for. Get your head on straight and let's do it.

Keller has got some stones to add to that 4 in the 90-4 home byline. But, he didn't. I kinda think he might do the same in Katy if pushed to it, but I hope early in the season pays dividends late in the season. Defense started coming together in that second half. I don't care how bad Marist is, a 21 point half is solid for anyone. We got decent offensive looks too, just couldn't convert. The first half was a nightmare; the second offered some hope. Now let's see what a full team can do.

Matt, I hope you have a fun time in Ireland. May the luck of the Irish be with you.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
nacluth
There wasn't 2800 people in actual attendance but probably in paid tickets.
MasterAxe
Well said nacluth!

Agree about Kevon minutes, he clearly is not right.

But, in sending a message to the team, it forced Kevon and Shannon I go the distance. We simply didn't have enough bodies to run.

Don't love unnecessary minutes for them, but it's done and done. If we can get him right, it'll be full bore the rest of the way.

One thing we can count on, we're not gonna quit. Didn't against Miami down 35, didn't tonight.
TallTexan
sfa17 said:

MasterAxe said:

That was worth the $5.38 I pay to ESPN+ each month
The picture actually looked clearer and in higher definition than espn 3

Good to hear. Espn 3 is a mess on quality for me.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Jovan: Starter - 17 minutes, 4 points, 5 rebounds, 1 block and forces the player to take a tech (no timeouts) to seal the game. Gru style.

Year of Gru.
SFA Jack Fanatic
CLHawkins said:

ESPN had attendance at 2,804. For
Anyone there did it seem like there were that many people there? Didn't seem like it on tv.
No. Maybe half that many.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I don't know who got the game ball tonight, but I'd give two of them - one to Fitz for literally being the whole team offensively in the first half, and Jock for pulling our rear ends out of the fire in the last few minutes. He's the only legitimate three point shooter on this team. If we can't give teams an incentive to come out of their sagging defenses then we will never get to where we need to be in wins this season.

By the way, it pains me to say this, but personally I don't think the better team won tonight. It will be a looong plane ride home to New York for Marist. And by the way, they now have the honor of going to play a very good Buffalo team in Buffalo this Saturday.
SFA Jack Fanatic
jboy93 said:

Crap...had to work tonight and tried keeping up with my phone. I guess I missed an exciting last 4 minutes!!!
Yep! You missed something special, jboy. Exciting is not a strong enough word.
TallTexan
edstile said:

By the way, it pains me to say this, but personally I don't think the better team won tonight. It will be a looong plane ride home to New York for Marist. And by the way, they now have the honor of going to play a very good Buffalo team in Buffalo this Saturday.

With our players who were being punished for tardiness, I think we could have beat them by 20. Don't forget, Nicholas was out main spark against Miami.

But man, was that an awesome ending.
djsfw57
nacluth said:

Postgame shower thoughts (i.e. personal opinion):

Marist is not good. They are good at hitting uncontested threes, but they are not a good team in just about every other aspect. They have zero interior game. None. If they did, this would be a loss for SFA. It probably should have been anyway, but they aren't good. St. Edwards is a better team even though they are D2. If we had played them tonight, we lose. 12 points down with 3:23 left. We out score them by 16. Kaspar's residual spirit is dying for a team in WRJ not being able to hold that lead by sitting on the ball.

Aaron Augustin. 6 assists/2 to's is your line. At the end of this year, Bogues may have a NBA highlight reel to get a combine invite, or Kevon may hit Beast Mode and be SLC Player of the Year, or Fitz or Karl or Mitch may dazzle with their great post play, but I will remember then that all the success this team has comes through you. You make us a team. We may not be good now, but we can be a team because of you. Now we just need 4 positions to work. You are the leader. One of your teammates said you were the toughest person they know, and I believe it. Thank you for coming back. Stay healthy my friend.

Kevon is not Kevon. Kevon, we need you buddy. 39 minutes is too much.

Bogues is so good when he plays total offense. Drive and score. Hit threes. Do not try to be Aaron and get tons of assists. Just be the video game we know you are.

Fitz played great. Those first half points kept us alive. I look forward to him building as this season goes. Jovan was not bad. He's not great, but he did not lose us this game. He is actually looking like a player more than half of the time on the court. Props to him. Bain is all potentiality. If he can get locked in, then he will take our defense to the next level.

Thanks Jock for hitting those threes down the stretch. We got you to shoot. You opened our eyes to what could be. Now, let's work on growing into the system.

Karl, don't be a showboat. Nacogdoches does not want a diva. We want to love you for being a stud, but not if the price is an arrogance that takes away from the team. You were showing off after a slam in the SAGU game after you had blown three consecutive defensive plays. Not a good look. You were awesome in the Miami game, but we lost by 39. Be a team player and we'll lift you on our shoulders. Mitchell, people already love you. Get on board with where this team can go. This is what you're here for. Get your head on straight and let's do it.

Keller has got some stones to add to that 4 in the 90-4 home byline. But, he didn't. I kinda think he might do the same in Katy if pushed to it, but I hope early in the season pays dividends late in the season. Defense started coming together in that second half. I don't care how bad Marist is, a 21 point half is solid for anyone. We got decent offensive looks too, just couldn't convert. The first half was a nightmare; the second offered some hope. Now let's see what a full team can do.

Matt, I hope you have a fun time in Ireland. May the luck of the Irish be with you.
I offer sustained applause. That was beautifully done.
Ljacks&Longnecks
It was a great comeback from a hole we put ourselves in but showed character to achieve the comeback.
As for the young guns who were made to sit out.......you have to have team rules, team discipline and for SFA to be successful we must have a team culture with all on board. Coach cannot allow 18/19 year olds to run things because it would all fall apart quickly. Hope the young ones learned something and I would expect TJ, Aaron, Kevon to try and guide those kids into the team frame of mind.
PurpleForever
Not playing Karl and Mitch had a huge impact. Marist would not have been able to do anything against those guys in the paint. Look at how good Bain did rebounding and then compound that with having those two guys down there. Aaron looked great and really brought our defense together.
No-look
I'm assuming the student section was gone for Thanksgiving?
TallTexan
PurpleForever said:

Not playing Karl and Mitch had a huge impact. Marist would not have been able to do anything against those guys in the paint. Look at how good Bain did rebounding and then compound that with having those two guys down there. Aaron looked great and really brought our defense together.
Ya, numerous times I saw Aaron turning around and getting the defense in place while Marist was bringing the ball up. The impact of having a true floor general can't be underestimated.
Pilotgirl
No-look said:

Yes. They have to pay extra $$ to stay over holidays.
TallTexan
No-look said:

Ya they were pretty much MIA.

But by the time the comeback started, half the arena had left too.
jboy93
Looking forward to seeing the Jacks in person on Sunday! Soooooo glad to see Aaron on the floor and leading the team. It is obvious that we need him so badly!
Glad for the win. It's still early so a long way to go before the SLC starts.
And remember for us older ones on here...

jboy93
It should be a picture of Steve Perry singing "Dont stop believing"
Pilotgirl
SFA students now get a whole week for Thanksgiving and when they return, 2 wks & then finals. So they need a break. Lol

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.