Who wants to travel to Ireland?

14,061 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PurpleOut
SFASawmillGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
edstile said:

TallTexan said:

They've been reborn:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_and_Goliath_(cranes)
So, New York City has the Statue of Liberty, London has Big Ben, Paris has the Eiffel Tower, and Belfast has its.... cranes??? Must be a blue collar kind of city.

The perfect city for some lumberjacks.
TallTexan
sfa17 said:

Time to create some international fans.
I've always wondered about the benefits of doing targeted advertising for things like this.

I would think if you combined an interview with Coach K with the local news, had Patillo meet with local university leaders, & then threw a couple grand on a Facebook ad campaign you could potentially get some new students out of it. One new international Student would pay for the whole campaign.

I'd also look at doing the same thing with Neimenin, Gru, & Bain in their countries and Walkup in Germany.

tangerito
And Nacogdoches has Surfing Steve!
PurpleOut
Staff
Here is a custom travel package for fans.

https://collegesportstours.com/belfast-classic-2018-sfa/

I'm considering going. Could probably do it for less than $2,500. But having flights, hotel, etc booked and planned for you makes it pretty easy.
SFAJack_76
Includes comments about Belfast tournament.

https://www.midmajormadness.com/2018/7/11/17555778/november-college-basketball-tournaments-feast-week-paradise-jam-belfast-loyola-chicago
PurpleOut
Staff
Yep, and to point out that's saying we will play San Francisco first. And then the winner/loser of Buffalo/Milwaukee. SFA vs Buffalo would be the biggest game of the tournament.\

I've also been checking flights and working on details of that travel package, getting really close to pulling the trigger. Anyone else considering going?
PurpleOut
Staff
Just booked a flight. $550 RT from DFW to Dublin.
nacluth
PurpleOut said:

So jealous right now! Family going?
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

PurpleOut said:

So jealous right now! Family going?
No just me.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

Yep, and to point out that's saying we will play San Francisco first. And then the winner/loser of Buffalo/Milwaukee. SFA vs Buffalo would be the biggest game of the tournament.\

I've also been checking flights and working on details of that travel package, getting really close to pulling the trigger. Anyone else considering going?
Man, I'd love to! But my Life Partner and I have a couple of cruises coming up in Sept. and Oct. so our budget is shot. Booked them way before the tournament was announced. Dang it!
tangerito
How much was it to get back?
Pilotgirl
IF this was the week before and I hadn't dropped a lot of bills on tickets to the NCAA tourney (we sat on Tech side...not by choice) I WOULD TOTALLY BE GOING! I love Ireland and have yet to travel up this far North in the country. Excited to watch the games tho!
PurpleOut
Staff
Pilotgirl said:

IF this was the week before and I hadn't dropped a lot of bills on tickets to the NCAA tourney (we sat on Tech side...not by choice) I WOULD TOTALLY BE GOING! I love Ireland and have yet to travel up this far North in the country. Excited to watch the games tho!

Understood! Welcome to the forum, stick around!
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

We should organize a lotto pool. If we win, we can get tickets for all the Sawmillers. And a new practice arena too lol.
No-look
Hope these games will be on TV.
Pilotgirl
Thanks for the welcome! We went to the majority of the home games the last few seasons and several away games this past season...I will be here...woman perspective and all
I gotta say this last season was SO MUCH FUN! My girl was a Jr at SFA ( now Sr) , did a marketing internship with SFA BB for a couple years...we loved supporting the teams, especially on the road. Cheering until we lost our voice, especially in Katy and Dallas! We got horrid looks, shut ups, and finally pat on the backs after the Tech game. Several Tech fans came up to us after the game to shake our hands, told us the boys never gave up & scared them & we as fans never gave up either...we are READY again! All we need is that BB schedule so we can plan home & away games!
Pilotgirl
I remember reading somewhere saying that they will be televised
Pilotgirl
Forget Ireland...we can visit anytime....how about all expenses paid to next NCAA appearance?
PurpleOut
Staff
If you're going or interested in going we've set up a private page on Facebook to discuss everything. PM me and I'll send you the invite.
PurpleOut
Staff
Obviously not an easy or cheap trip, but just a reminder if anyone is on the fence. The reserved package needs a minimum amount of people in order for it to work for everyone.

I'm even going to organize a pub crawl.

PurpleOut
Staff
I think it was mentioned in the season thread, but our game time versus San Francisco is set for 1:00 local time, or 7:00 AM in Nac. Full schedule here.
nacluth
PurpleOut
Staff
From the alumni event the other day, we have 16 people signed up so far for Ireland. Don't think that counts staff or anyone going from the AD, so pretty positive in my opinion.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.