Ladyjacks 2016-2017 Season

9,220 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by INiedrauer
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ladyjacks pick up the win in New Orleans in a game that came with a little more drama at the end than it really needed. On to the more important Central Arkansas game Saturday.

One quick observation about Taylor Ross. If she has one weakness to her game, it's her propensity to drive into heavy traffic at the end of games when ultimately it would be smarter to keep her distance. This same quality is one of her strengths during the bulk of the game. However, this is the third late game scenario this season where she needlessly turned over the ball giving the other team an opportunity to win. It bit her though at the home game vs. ACU when we had a chance to win with a quality shot. She turned it over and they lost. Both teams (men's and women's) have had some trouble with their late game scenarios - admittedly the men more. I hope this doesn't bite us here when it matters most.
djsfw57
I heard the play-by-play guys say yesterday that Brentney Branch had abruptly left the team. Anyone have the scoop? That's a huge loss.
BigJack85
Whoa. Ya. That's something to find out.
INiedrauer
Staff
djsfw57 said:

I heard the play-by-play guys say yesterday that Brentney Branch had abruptly left the team. Anyone have the scoop? That's a huge loss.
Nobody is permitted to talk about it right now. I've gotten nadda.
nacluth
Well that's a sad development - especially for a senior in her last games.
nacluth
Doesn't look like we'll miss her that much in this game, but is everyone still mum on what happened to Branch? Will there be nothing about her at senior night?
nacluth
Ok I have to post some good news so I can go to sleep. Ladyjacks looked really good in their win tonight. Baseline drives were working all night to crack the defense. Hayes and Harvey had excellent games for our underclass women. 31 points off the bench. We still had too many turnovers, but this team can look unstoppable. Except against the top teams. One more shot in Katy to change things. We are locked into a one bye seed. Friday afternoon here we come.

Since when did we get a sexy Lumberjack for the girls game?
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ladyjacks have locked up the #3 seed in the SLC tournament.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ladyjacks will play Friday at 1:30 p.m. against the winner of Thursday's game between #7 Nicholls and #6 McNeese.
nacluth
Looks like the girls will get McNeese. (I'm calling it with 7:00 left and an 18 point lead). I remember McNeese topping us as a high seed before, but we should have this team's number.
INiedrauer
Staff
SFA beat McNeese by 30+ back in January but obviously they've gotten better. I wouldn't say we have based on the recent results. McNeese absolutely demolished Nicholls on the boards today. Tomorrow might be closer than we think.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.