Battle for QB1

20,621 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Jacks4460
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My opinion is that if the line was just slightly better last year Blumrick does much better and we win 7 games. I still think if this team executes and the O-Line stays healthy we are a 8 win team.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAJack_76
Jacks4460 said:

Barbay is the QB coach.. You can't tell me they hire him from the player developement side of things and turn him into an OC .. I have read his coaching experience and I am not knocking coach Barbay .. He is not the OC if he was they would put that label on him... Clint has already sold his house or it's on the market forgot what I was told and I guarantee if my job was on the line I would be calling the plays.. if Jake is our QB then we are in trouble...
i don't think there was any comment or conversation about the bolded comment. If either is accurate, how is he selling this to the team, his staff, and 2019 recruits? Barring some personal reason for wanting out of the house and not preparing to move, isn't this exhibiting a lack of confidence in being able to be successful? Just seems odd to me.
SFASawmillGuy
SFAJack_76 said:

Jacks4460 said:

Barbay is the QB coach.. You can't tell me they hire him from the player developement side of things and turn him into an OC .. I have read his coaching experience and I am not knocking coach Barbay .. He is not the OC if he was they would put that label on him... Clint has already sold his house or it's on the market forgot what I was told and I guarantee if my job was on the line I would be calling the plays.. if Jake is our QB then we are in trouble...
i don't think there was any comment or conversation about the bolded comment. If either is accurate, how is he selling this to the team, his staff, and 2019 recruits? Barring some personal reason for wanting out of the house and not preparing to move, isn't this exhibiting a lack of confidence in being able to be successful? Just seems odd to me.

I can all but guarantee that Clint hasn't sold his house, and that he is actually very excited about the upcoming season. He's being a realist about it. He understands this season is likely going to decide his head coaching future. But he is optimistic enough about everything that's happened I don't see him jumping the gun that fast.
SFAJack_76
SFA_03 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Jacks4460 said:

I can all but guarantee that Clint hasn't sold his house, and that he is actually very excited about the upcoming season. He's being a realist about it. He understands this season is likely going to decide his head coaching future. But he is optimistic enough about everything that's happened I don't see him jumping the gun that fast.
Excellent. Thanks.
Jacks4460
SFA_03 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Jacks4460 said:

Thanks for the reply.. I was told it was on the market but I am with you 100% on how to sell it to the team and I am happy he is excited about the upcoming season because I am likewise. When I heard the house for sale comment I was like no way but was told it was true..I guess one can put it on the market and not list it or get a MLS on it.... Who knows..I want him to succeed and the team to win 9-10 games.. again thanks SFA03 for a response..
nacluth
I guess they could have mistaken my Tennis coach comment for the FB coach.
Jacks4460
No this "house on the market" comment was not even made on this board... it was just in a general converstion I was having with the gentleman....I was just emphasizing how Clint knows his job is on the line(thus the "house on the market") and if my job was on the line then I would be calling the plays as the OC... I hope we win and Clint stays in Nacogdoches for a long time...
SFASawmillGuy
You're right, Clint is as frustrated as anyone. If you just sit down and talk to him he know he should have been winning these past few years. And he knows he's lucky to still be here after the last 3 seasons.
But if you talk to him he does appear to be extremely excited about this season. He understands that this could very well be his last chance. But this team is incredibly talented and actually will have some depth at a few positions.
I'm still on the 7 win bandwagon. That should be the minimum we should accept this season regardless of what happens. But even if we don't do it and Clint gets fired, I'll still say that he was a good hire, just put in a lot of bad spots with injuries.
Jacks4460
Thanks for insight SFA03

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.