GAME THREAD: Southern Utah at SFA

18,302 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PineLogger04
INiedrauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff

First of all, allow me to apologize for the lack of Southern Utah content this week. My wife and I welcomed our firstborn daughter on Wednesday morning after a labor that lasted from Monday. It was a little bit rough but we got out of the hospital late last night and we couldn't be more excited (and sleep deprived).

But as far as website content goes, we're back in business. Here's the game thread for this week:

WHAT: Southern Utah at Stephen F. Austin
WHERE: Homer Bryce Stadium, Nacogdoches, Texas
WHEN: Saturday, September 9th, 6:00PM
MEDIA COVERAGE: ESPN3 (TV), Q107/TuneIn (Radio)

This is the official SUU at SFA Game Thread. Let your thoughts be heard!
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

SFA Jack Fanatic
I'm hacking the game thread to say... Congrats, Isaac!
PurpleOut
Staff
Southern Utah gave up 77 pts and 703 yards of offense to Oregon last weekend. But, it was also a 42-21 game at halftime.

We should be able to score some points, but it might be a shootout. Nothing new there.
drhuggybear
INiedrauer said:

First of all, allow me to apologize for the lack of Southern Utah content this week. My wife and I welcomed our firstborn daughter on Wednesday morning after a labor that lasted from Monday. It was a little bit rough but we got out of the hospital late last night and we couldn't be more excited (and sleep deprived).

But as far as website content goes, we're back in business. Here's the game thread for this week:

WHAT: Southern Utah at Stephen F. Austin
WHERE: Homer Bryce Stadium, Nacogdoches, Texas
WHEN: Saturday, September 9th, 6:00PM
MEDIA COVERAGE: ESPN3 (TV), Q107/TuneIn (Radio)

This is the official SUU at SFA Game Thread. Let your thoughts be heard!

</hijack_on>
Congrats Isaac. I have survived as the only male in my house for 17 years now. It's tough but an amazing adventure. The best warning for your firstborn is summed up in this image:

</hijack_off>

Looking forward to the game this weekend. Axe Em!
BigJack85
I think this will be an interesting game. The teams are completely different in approach. Should be a competitive game.... Hopefully our O-Line play and QB play hold up and we pull away in the 3rd quarter. So much for predictions.... I'm rarely on target.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
INiedrauer
Staff
Must win?
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

PurpleOut
Staff
INiedrauer said:

Must win?
Technically I don't think so, our goals of winning the SLC and making the playoffs would still be in front of us regardless of OOC play. But, starting 0-2 will be tough on us...the fans. Very little room for error I think this season for Conque.

Luckily we start with UIW, but after that I'm not sure at this point I would favor us to win any of those games based on how everyone played in Week1.
SFAXE93
Congrats.

All starts with the OL. Give Sawyer time, and with our size at receiver, all day down field.
SFASawmillGuy
Not a must win but very close. This will also show us what we have as a team.
It has to be admitted the team kind of looked like it wasn't all there last week, so hopefully now that we're playing another FCS team they'll show what they really have.
I'd say if he's ready, give Foster the start and be aggressive early on. If we capture early momentum hopefully we can maintain it.
nacluth
Congratulations on the new one Isaac!

Not a must win, but a sure better win. Conque needs to light this team on fire at home to get the crowd behind him. People are starting to forget Harper...
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Congratulations on the new one Isaac!

Not a must win, but a sure better win. Conque needs to light this team on fire at home to get the crowd behind him. People are starting to forget Harper...
Actually, I'm starting to remember Harper, and the conference championships he had with his pass-happy offense.
SFA88
Congratulations on the new baby. My wife and I have 2 daughters and recently became empty nesters. When your daughter is a little older, if she wants Daddy to play Polly Pockets or Barbies with her, do it. You won't regret it.

SUU had a decent defense last year. They were 6-5 overall and 5-3 in the Big Sky. They will try to win with defense. Cedar City is at 5800 ft. They will fell like they are high on O2 at the low elevation in Nac. They won't be used to the heat and oppressive humidity though. SFA could wear them down that way.
SFAXE93
That would be Shawn Dawson's pass happy offense.Team went down hill after he left.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

That would be Shawn Dawson's pass happy offense.Team went down hill after he left.
Ah, come on, 93. You've gotta give the head coach a little credit.
INiedrauer
Staff
Ahhh the good ol' days of 700 yards of offense and a loss to PVAMU at home
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

MasterAxe
I see we are off to another inspired start
cboothe09
Was impressed with the defense, until they became gassed. The offense is atrocious...
BigJack85
Just pathetic.
BigJack85
After 3 seasons it'd be nice if we had an offense.
MasterAxe
Gassed in the 1st quarter...not ideal
BigJack85
I thought we were playing SUU not SMU. Pretty sure we'll hear the same crap in about 2-3/4 hours.
cboothe09
W. T. F.
BigJack85
I rarely if ever question our hires. Robert Hill is fabulous. But after this I just don't know.
Signujack
Glad my Irish are doing ok so far!!! Jeeze Jacks!!!
Signujack
We just cant do it..80
BigJack85
I don't have anything to say.........
Signujack
Really!!! Wow. this is the first I have ever heard of Utah having better athletes and recruiting than any teams in Texas.....Come on fellow Jack Backers what are you going to say to pump me up or tell me I am crazy?? 28-0!!!
MasterAxe
Curious to hear from Isaac.

Please tell me how any of this is acceptable?
BigJack85
It's time to take a close look at this.
BigJack85
This clearly goes deeper than athletes
drhuggybear
Well this has been a tough first half. The last couple possessions had some inkling of hope. Maybe they will get into it in the second half. Do they show the halftime shows on ESPN3?

Also, are there normally this many technical difficulties with the stream? No score box data? Half of the commentators can't be heard? Etc.
PurpleOut
Staff
I'm out
BigJack85
I'd be out except I'm in the stands.
Signujack
Agreed...feed is bad
SFA Jack Fanatic
Saturday, November 11 @ Longwood. Time to be announced.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.