WEEK 6: NORTHWESTERN STATE

1,938 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by Ljacks&Longnecks
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Agreed. Vidlak's passes so far have been pinpoint!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Kicker Jacob Hand has a heck of a leg. If we ever need 50 yard FG's for the next 3 1/2 years, he's got us covered.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Not sure why we got to kick over after the illegal touching which should have given NSU good field position.
Our "announcers" are so busy yammering they barely noticed the re kick and certainly provided no information.
65tosspowertrap
Bless their hearts, N'Western looks totally inept.
"Just keep matriculatin' the ball down the field boys!" — Hank Stram

https://youtu.be/MnPr1R_QlTM
MasterAxe2
Northwestern State vs North American would be a heck of a game.
SFA Jack Fanatic
24-0. At this point I'm going out on a limb and saying that NSU is not a very good football team.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Neither of NSU's QBs are D-I level.
RedRiverLa
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Not sure why we got to kick over after the illegal touching which should have given NSU good field position.
Our "announcers" are so busy yammering they barely noticed the re kick and certainly provided no information.

I don't understand that either, plus why try onside in this type of game. It's not like we need to steal a possesion.
Ljacks&Longnecks
To be fair---NSU did shut down the football team last season around mid-year and I'm sure lost the majority of the team due to whatever the inner problems were on the club. So obviously in a complete rebuild.

edit to add that it was the death of a player ( a shooting I believe) that affected the NSU staff and team and led to the decision. I recall reading a few articles that many players wanted to continue season but the result was to cancel rest of year.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I don't know what the stats are, but NSU is definitely under water near the end of Q 1.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

To be fair---NSU did shut down the football team last season around mid-year and I'm sure lost the majority of the team due to whatever the inner problems were on the club. So obviously in a complete rebuild.

Good point, L&L. Thanks for the reminder.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Agree Red, I guess Carthel just can't play a game without "gambling" on something. Would save that play for other games and situations.

And still don't get why we got to re kick.
65tosspowertrap
OK, I had enough. Muted the video of the video broadcast and found radio broadcast.

SFA Jack Fanatic
I'm at the game and I don't see the new "trophy" anywhere. Lacquer still drying on it in a Maintenance building somewhere, perhaps?
Ljacks&Longnecks
Would like for our announcers to mention Cally Belcher day and who is wearing his #16.

There it is, thanks announcers
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Would like for our announcers to mention Cally Belcher day and who is wearing his #16.

The stadium announcer did before the game. Part of his family and former teammates were there to be recognized.
SFA Jack Fanatic
HCU is leading McNeese 27-9 in the 3rd Q.
Ljacks&Longnecks
NSU is not good BUT our passes and several of the receptions tonight have been truly outstanding.
65tosspowertrap
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

HCU is leading McNeese 27-9 in the 3rd Q.
I want that game back in the worst way. What a waste.

AxeEm99
Vidlak was such a great pickup from the portal!

On another note, can we PLEASE get a new SFA commercial???
SFA Jack Fanatic
I can defintely see how South Alabama beat this bunch 87-10.
65tosspowertrap
Highly recommend you sync the video with the Q107 radio broadcast. Actual adults who have called a game and know what they're doing. Totally different experience.

SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I'm at the game and I don't see the new "trophy" anywhere. Lacquer still drying on it in a Maintenance building somewhere, perhaps?

I found the "trophy". It was taking a nap near the south end zone. I must say that I'm underwhelmed with the looks of this thing.
Ljacks&Longnecks
NSU is sure finding holes in the pass defense. Let's hope it's due to the younger guys getting playing time.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.