WEEK 4: WARNER (FLA.) UNIVERSITY

6,966 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BigJack85
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?

#17/#23 SFA (1-2; 0-0) VS. WARNER (FLA.) (0-3; 0-0)

WHEN: SEPT. 24, 2022 (SAT.) 6:00 P.M.
WHERE: NACOGDOCHES, TEXAS (HOMER BRYCE STADIUM)
TV: ESPN+
FAMILY WEEKEND (WHITE OUT)

Lamar University tucked tail and ran back to the Southland Conference as fast as they could, back where they belong.

Stepping in are the Royals of Warner University in Lake Wales, Florida and current member of the NAIA Sun Conference.

Warner University was founded in 1968 and is affiliated with the Church of God with an enrollment of about 1,000 students.

The Royals have lost the first three games of the season by an average of 48 points a game.

Every player on the SFA sideline will no doubt get to see some game time for this one.

Look for the game to be pretty vanilla in play calling for the Lumberjacks as they don't want to give away too much as they prepare for what could be the final BOTPW's with SHSU.

Axe'Em

SFAXE93
SFAXE93

SFA Alumnus Joey Greer will be performing live at Axe'Em Acres at 4:00 P.M.

SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

#18/#12 SFA (1-2; 0-0) VS. WARNER (FLA.) (0-3; 0-0)

WHEN: SEPT. 24, 2022 (SAT.) 6:00 P.M.
WHERE: NACOGDOCHES, TEXAS (HOMER BRYCE STADIUM)
TV: ESPN+
FAMILY WEEKEND (WHITE OUT)

Lamar University tucked tail and ran back to the Southland Conference as fast as they could, back where they belong.

Stepping in are the Royals of Warner University in Lake Wales, Florida and current member of the NAIA Sun Conference.

Warner University was founded in 1968 and is affiliated with the Church of God with an enrollment of about 1,000 students.

The Royals have lost the first three games of the season by an average of 48 points a game.

Every player on the SFA sideline will no doubt get to see some game time for this one.

Look for the game to be pretty vanilla in play calling for the Lumberjacks as they don't want to give away too much as they prepare for what could be the final BOTPW's with SHSU.

Axe'Em

Keiser University 44, Warner 7
University of West Florida 52, Warner 3
Florida Memorial University 49, Warner 22
BigJack85
They gave Florida Memorial a run for their money…. LOL.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAXE93
BigJack85
SFAXE93 said:

We are probably closer to the 40th or 50th best FCS team, at this time.
SFA Jack Fanatic
40th or 50th? No. But probably not 17th or 23rd either.
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

40th or 50th? No. But probably not 17th or 23rd either.

After the BOTPW, we'll see what opinions are…..

I'll be more than willing to eat crow.
Ljacks&Longnecks
I dont believe we should be ranked at this time based on the field results. Nor should an easy win this Saturday get us ranked either.
Now if we can defeat Sam, then a ranking would be deserved.
Doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things of course but some wins and better performance are what would justify any rankings.
MasterAxe
This game does absolutely no one any good.
SFA Jack Fanatic
MasterAxe said:

True, but remember that Lamar caused this mess of a scheduling nightmare by running away from the embarrassment of playing in the WAC and back to the welcoming arms of the mighty SLC. Point the finger at Lamar and nowhere else. We have to play the crappy cards that are dealt to us.
SFASawmillGuy
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

MasterAxe said:

True, but remember that Lamar caused this mess of a scheduling nightmare by running away from the embarrassment of playing in the WAC and back to the welcoming arms of the mighty SLC. Point the finger at Lamar and nowhere else. We have to play the crappy cards that are dealt to us.

Yeah. It was either Warner or we only play a 10 game schedule.
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
SFA Jack Fanatic
That "Game Preview" is not a preview, just a re-hash and verbatem re-write of what had already been published about the games already played by SFA. Not a thing about the opponent. The writer (Dennis Driscoll) did the same thing prior to the LaTech game. He should definitely do better than this at a D-1 university. Amateurish.
SFAXE93
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

That "Game Preview" is not a preview, just a re-hash and verbatem re-write of what had already been published about the games already played by SFA. Not a thing about the opponent. The writer (Dennis Driscoll) did the same thing prior to the LaTech game. He should definitely do better than this at a D-1 university. Amateurish.

Agree. We could use a little detail as well as analysis.
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
Ljacks&Longnecks
Starting out as expected already 14-0.

Hope for no injuries and a lot of playing time for those down the depth chart.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Gipson long TD catch and run. Gipson wearing #16 today....I missed the reason behind it.

Yep, Cally Belcher Day
SFASawmillGuy
Cally Belcher game.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Our right cornerback is getting beaten on every play!
SFASawmillGuy
This game is just a confidence builder for the bad guys next week. Let's beat the breaks off them. Leave healthy. And make my coworker who was a Sam DB from 2015-2019 stop doing axes down to me every time he sees me this week.
SFASawmillGuy
Also I guess Preston is now our backup, which I don't agree with. Brian is a less accurate passer but he's much more athletic so he brings more to the table.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Thank you, Lumberjack Marching Band for a new halftime performance tonight! Top Gun. Good job, LMB.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Would have to see replay again but I don't think the reversal on the TD catch for us was the correct call.
Would rather have those close reviews in our favor in conference.

Anybody know what we paid Warner to come here for this beating??
Ljacks&Longnecks
So Maurer throws another TD pass near sideline. This one looks like a catch , ruled incomplete and this time no review.
BigJack85
I don't know what this shows. Not much. At least we aren't making stupid mistakes, by and large.

If I heard the attendance number correctly, they announced 12,590!!!
Ljacks&Longnecks
Sadly was the only opponent we could get after Lamar pulled their back to the SLC stunt. Lamar should have to pay any and all of Warner expenses for this trip. Announcers just said that Warner will get right back on the bus for about a 17 hour ride home. Really a no win situation for anyone thanks to Lamar.

Really nothing to celebrate about going over 90 points. Can't blame the young guys that are getting a rare chance to play, they still want to perform.

Expect a lot of negative talk from those who don't like SFA about running it up over some poor small school.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.