WEEK 8: ABILENE CHRISTIAN

18,353 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Jacks4460
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?

SFA (1-2; 1-5) vs. ABILENE CHRISTIAN (3-4; 2-3)

WHEN: OCT. 19 (SAT) 3:00 P.M.
WHERE: ABILENE, TEXAS (WILDCAT STADIUM)
TV: ESPN+

Last night the Wildcats snapped a two-game losing streak bringing the Huskies of HBU; the nation's top offensive team back down to earth with a convincing 45-20 victory in front of 7,600 at Wildcat Stadium.

In a very balanced attack ACU rushed for 303 yards and passed for 280, for a total of 583 yards, averaging 7 yards per play against the Huskies. JR. QB Luke Anthony threw for 3TDs completing 30 of 43 while backup QB SO. Sema'J Davis rushed for 149 yards on 11 carries (AVG 13.5) and a TD.

The Wildcat defense held HBU to 53 yards on the ground (2.7 average) and 267 threw the air by far the lowest output of the year for the Husky offense.

ACU will look to keep that winning feeling at home when they invite the Lumberjacks to homecoming.

Having won the last 3 meetings between the two teams, SFA always seems to be up for the challenge against ACU, and coming off the bye week with some extra healing and preparing will no doubt be ready for this one as well.

SERIES
2018: SFA:24; ACU:21
2017: SFA:20; ACU:10
2016: SFA:41; ACU:30
2015: ACU:35; SFA:32
2014: ACU:37; SFA:35

AXE'EM!

SFAJack_76
ACUCattitude
Howdy from Abilene.

Please send our prayers to LaCoryien and his family. The Wildcats send out best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

Looking forward to hosting the Lumberjacks this weekend. No offense, but you are the most annoying team that we play all year. The Jacks are always finding weird ways to beat the Wildcats and that just drives us crazy.

There will be a full house for Homecoming at the best sports venue in the Southland and, of course, your team and fans will wish they had a stadium even half as nice. Bring plenty of fans, by the way, the 5 yard line seats next to the students are always available for our visitors. Don't worry, ACU students are considerably less foul mouthed than SFA's students so you can bring your children. (By the way, while there cannot be alcohol on the campus, there is a designated parking lot to the south of the campus where the visitors can tailgate and have a brew and the Campus Cops will look the other way. At least they did for Sam year before last.)

Clearly the Cats are are the better team this year but with an extra week to prepare, I fully expect Coach Carthel to throw the kitchen sink at us. And the fridge and the stove and a bunch of forks and knives. He's a really good coach and I expect him to return SFA to its former glory. (Wait. Was there any former glory? It's been so long ....)

Have a great week.
Love, the 'Tude
SFAJack_76
I was at the weekly luncheon. An audible gasp in the room when coach described the shooting.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Looks like our poor little team and our foul-mouthed students don't have a prayer of beating mighty ACU. Maybe we should just go ahead and forfeit.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Looks like our poor little team and our foul-mouthed students don't have a prayer of beating mighty ACU. Maybe we should just go ahead and forfeit.
No need to forfeit. In addition to the kitchen sink, stove, fridge, & a few forks & knives, Carthel's also gonna hit those mother fracking, doggone sons of a motherless goat with the people's elbow. We will prevail.
PurpleOut
Staff
SFAJack_76 said:

I was at the weekly luncheon. An audible gasp in the room when coach described the shooting.

Insane. That's awful.
TallTexan
I'm glad to hear he's alive. A miracle considering the circumstances.
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

A little over confident for a new comer that got blasted by 35 in the ncaa tournament.... after you put a few W's on the board in ANY NCAA championship give us a call.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
PurpleOut
Staff
ACUCattitude said:

Don't worry, ACU students are considerably less foul mouthed than SFA's students so you can bring your children.
Lol, you should have seen your students on Twitter a few years ago before our game.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
That's great news!
ACUCattitude
I saw the details about the shooting. It was horrific. Kinda makes football take a back seat, for sure. His well-being is on all of our minds right now.

Actually, I didn't predict an ACU victory. Not after losing the last 3 to the Jacks.

I am confused about how basketball got into this conversation, however. For sure, Kentucky just crushed us. Even at full strength, we weren't going to win that game but was a lot of fun. Your Volleyball team is clearly in a class by themselves. We can talk about them, if you want to. Keeps you from having to talk football, I guess. Have I mentioned tennis or cross country?

SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Including a cameo by Bear.
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93
The game will be on ESPN+
SFASawmillGuy
Lumberjacks not to eliminated from the playoffs or even the conference title race, but every game from here on out is essentially an elimination game for us. Time to take it to the Wildcats!
nacluth
That is an optimistic way to look at it! I'll side with you.
KirkHeath12
SFA a 9.5 point underdog. We got this
Class of 2012
Axe Em
SFASawmillGuy
God these announcers are awful. They sound so surprised when we do anything positive.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Beautiful 78 yard play Self to Gipson
AxeEm99
The announcers are awful. But at least this week we get some acknowledgements during the game. During the BOTPW game, SHSU alums Randy McIlvoy and Lainie Fritz hardly mentioned anything. It was all about Sam Sam Sam.
Minus the fumble just now, I see major improvement today in Defense and Offense! If we keep this up, we should be able to win the next 5 games!!!
Ljacks&Longnecks
Costly fumble by Hutchings gave ACU great field position....but the fumble came on his 2nd and 3rd effort for extra yards.
Lot of football left but yes so far SFA has come to play and looked pretty good.
SFASawmillGuy
The announcers just said sold out crowd. There's a lot of empty seats for a sell out.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Some big plays on our side today 50+ yard shuttle pass and run by Ward for 14-7 lead.
SFASawmillGuy
LETS GOOOOOO
SFASawmillGuy
It didn't work. But I loved the play call with the Hook and Ladder. Aggressive.
MasterAxe
Got burned big a few times when we brought the all out blitz and ACU hit some underneath plays.

But, pretty good half by defense.

Offense was...bi-polar.
nacluth
Another close one in Abilene. Let's close this out.
BigJack85
Go Jacks Go!!!
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Ljacks&Longnecks
3rd qtr has been a disaster so far.....did we forget to come back out after half?
sfajack05
Ugh this is awful. Took like 100 steps back.
Jacks4460
Wish they would give Arnold a shot..
SFASawmillGuy
Self has been pretty solid most of the game. He just needs to calm down and keep his feet under him. He's starting to get happy feet.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.