WEEK 5: LAMAR

20,057 Views | 114 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ljacks&Longnecks
SFAfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA_03 said:

When did Jeremy Moses grow 5 inches and take Trae Self's Jersey? Self is having himself a game!
Long time lurker here, but today I just had to post. First, WHAT A GAME! So proud of the Jacks!

Now, I have to speak up and say I was really irritated with two of our "fans". One was definitely a players Dad, I know exactly who he is (due to his family wearing his sons number), and the other is very likely a team Dad, too. These two absolutely ripped our QB up all night. One of the two even stood up and loudly voiced it the whole game. Other than that one terrible pick six Self threw, he was STELLAR. His stats would even be better if some real good passes would have been caught. Several times he hit receivers right on target but they dropped it.

Funny how every single mistake all the other players made, like jumping offsides, this Dad remained silent, but he ripped Self up all night long. Self was outstanding. Moses-2.0 last night! As for that ignorant Dad, he just needs to either support the whole team, INCLUDING SELF, or just shut it up!

Ax Em!
MasterAxe
SFAJack_76 said:

MasterAxe said:

Buckytaylor said:

Let's turn on the light. We had 4 interior lineman and 4 de TOTAL. We lost 2 de against Nichollls. So the five man front your speaking of is a great idea, they just need to decide which one sits out. That one guy would never see the game cuz Lamar would never huddle and it would be very uptempo. That's a position I'd hate to put these men into

Look, I'm with ya. It's a horrible spot. But, just as horrible is running the same defense out there, with no changes.

It's why we may end the year with the worst defense in America.

I'd like for us to try something, ANYTHING, that can produce some level of success, even if it's a radical idea.
Looking forward to your analysis of the defense last night.

Played our asses off, at least for the first three quarters. I think Lamar did us a huge favor by not committing to the run, the obvious weakness.

But, for the most part I was very impressed. Don't know if we did something different scheme wise or if we just played better.

That was an awesome performance.
BigJack85
SFAfan said:

SFA_03 said:

When did Jeremy Moses grow 5 inches and take Trae Self's Jersey? Self is having himself a game!
Long time lurker here, but today I just had to post. First, WHAT A GAME! So proud of the Jacks!

Now, I have to speak up and say I was really irritated with two of our "fans". One was definitely a players Dad, I know exactly who he is (due to his family wearing his sons number), and the other is very likely a team Dad, too. These two absolutely ripped our QB up all night. One of the two even stood up and loudly voiced it the whole game. Other than that one terrible pick six Self threw, he was STELLAR. His stats would even be better if some real good passes would have been caught. Several times he hit receivers right on target but they dropped it.

Funny how every single mistake all the other players made, like jumping offsides, this Dad remained silent, but he ripped Self up all night long. Self was outstanding. Moses-2.0 last night! As for that ignorant Dad, he just needs to either support the whole team, INCLUDING SELF, or just shut it up!

Ax Em!

That sounds reprehensible. It's one thing to trash a veteran QB (guilty of this with Z Conque) but a new starter playing in an untenable situation....
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
MasterAxe
BigJack85 said:

SFAfan said:

SFA_03 said:

Ax Em!

That sounds reprehensible. It's one thing to trash a veteran QB (guilty of this with Z Conque) but a new starter playing in an untenable situation....

Here's a thought...let's not trash any players. Old or young. Remember, they're kids. I try not to call out players directly, sometimes I fail, but I certainly aren't aiming for kids.

Coaches, who are paid, fair game.
SFAXE93
nacluth
SFAXE93 said:

"Let's take it to these sorry ol' Bearkats."
TallTexan
Need shirts that say that.
SFAXE93
drhuggybear
SFAfan said:

SFA_03 said:

Ax Em!

This is actually very disappointing to hear. I can't post any more or all you will see will be ******************
Jeff
Axe'Em Jacks
CertifiedAxeman98
Defense showed up this weekend. Glad to see the team make progress.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Glad to get that first win. I'm in Vegas and listened to 107 broadcast while at the video poker machines.
Still think the future looks bright and every win will embolden the young guys.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.