2019 Season

33,046 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HitSomeBody said:

cboothe09 said:

I'll be in Waco for the opener. Anyone else going?
We will be there. Although, my wife and I are Baylor grads I will be full out purple and swinging the Axe. I am praying for a good competitive game. I have lots of Bear friends that will be there but for the day they will not be my friends. So, I need to know where to find all of the Jacks so we can be in the right company.
Glad to see you post HitSomeBody. I really appreciated your insight last season, and look forward to hearing more this year. Is my cautious optimism reasonable?
SFAJack_76
Speaking of the Baylor game.
PurpleOut
Staff
Contemplating that or going through StubHub. You can get lower level seats for a lot cheaper. But, you're not with SFA fans.
SFASawmillGuy
PurpleOut said:

Contemplating that or going through StubHub. You can get lower level seats for a lot cheaper. But, you're not with SFA fans.

But how fun would it be to be in the middle of that sea of green and yellow when SFA pulls off the upset.
HitSomeBody
The Jack's showmanship and effort on the field at Baylor will be something all of you have not had in a while and will give all of you some pride back for SFA. It will not be a reflection on the scoreboard. It will be a noticeable change on the gridiron. I am not setting my exceptions on this team by there first game being a win. Where I can be fully confident is... this team will look and play like a football team. They will push through and do their best and it will bring pride back and also a little nervousness to conference foes because no one will be able to just scratch us off the "guaranteed win game" list.

I have never been more pumped about this team. The coaches are night and day different than last year. the attitude is different, the work ethic is different, and the challenge to be better than you are is constant to the point of turning into belief. Once you believe you succeed. These coaches know how to do the right things to make this team believe again.
Axe'Em Jacks
SFA Jack Fanatic
Hoping beyond hope that you're right! Attitude is everything. A great effort in Waco could really be the launching pad to a good season and a great next few years.
MasterAxe
HitSomeBody said:

It will not be a reflection on the scoreboard. It will be a noticeable change on the gridiron. I am not setting my exceptions on this team by there first game being a win. Where I can be fully confident is... this team will look and play like a football team.
This is the only thing I want this year, my singular hope is competence. That we look like we know what we are doing.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85
Great article. Feel the same vibe the writer does .... I really think that if Jake makes a complete return we could be a 6-5 team. I really don't think that is a stretch. We are two seasons removed from a 5-6 team that lost to Nicholls in OT and basically choked away a game at HBU. Point being the talent is not far from 6-5. Probably a 4 win squad talent wise. Some above average coaching and we might get above .500. Maybe. Possibly. Ok I know I'm dreaming.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFA Jack Fanatic
I thought Jake is definitely out for the year. Am I wrong?
BigJack85
Sounds like it.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFASawmillGuy
SFAJack_76
BigJack85
Carthel is freaking awesome. That guys attitude is worth a game or two. I like the Axe 'Em to close out the interview.

Need to find out where to get the hat he has.
SFA Jack Fanatic
BigJack85 said:

Carthel is freaking awesome. That guys attitude is worth a game or two. I like the Axe 'Em to close out the interview.

Need to find out where to get the hat he has.

Ditto on the hat.
nacluth
My girls getting high fives from Tamrick Pace on the first day of school. The Jacks were out in force at Nettie Marshall Academy of Dual Language. I assume they were at all the elementary schools.

SFAJack_76
They were at all of the elementary schools.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Time to start expanding the "realm."
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
It's a process.
SFAJack_76
Wow ... This is Timothy Twilley, a freshman DT from Killeen. I just became a big fan.

nacluth
Awesome stuff. Nice to see character and responsibility. Good attributes to pass down.
Pilotgirl
BOTPW, I have one extra ticket if someone could use it. I will post here and somewhere else. I won an Alumni raffle for 2 tickets and V has to work the game so if someone needs it, let me know.
SFASawmillGuy
With Xavier Gibson on the Jerry Rice award watch list and us getting Tamrick Pace back next season, plus with how our receiving corps has been growing this year, next year our passing attack should be dangerous.
SFAXE93
Lots of speed

WR: #8 Tamrick Pace 6-3; 195 (Sr.)
WR: #19 Xavier Gipson 5-9; 170 (So.)
WR: #5 Calvin Clater 6-3; 200 (Jr.)
WR: #9 Remi Simmons 5-11; 185 (Sr.)
WR: #15 Lawton Rikel 6-1; 175 (So.)
WR: #85 Quentyvian Q. Borders 6-2; 180 (Jr.)
WR: #17 Josh Thompson 5-10; 185 (Jr.)
WR: #47 Josh Allison 6-1; 170 (So.)
WR: #81 Ricky Rollerson 6-0; 177 (Jr.)

SFASawmillGuy
Lots of very young speed. This could be a big basis for recruiting at that position.
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93 said:

Lots of speed

Rikel is a walk-on. Along with many others on this team. Comment made by Carthel at the Monday luncheon, compared to the August two deep starter list, for the last game we had two offensive starters and one defensive starter. Injuries and the oft mentioned academic issues completely turned this team over. Amazing job by the staff to keep this team moving forward.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

SFAXE93 said:

Lots of speed

Rikel is a walk-on. Along with many others on this team. Comment made by Carthel at the Monday luncheon, compared to the August two deep starter list, for the last game we had two offensive starters and one defensive starter. Injuries and the oft mentioned academic issues completely turned this team over. Amazing job by the staff to keep this team moving forward.
We got a heck of a steal in Rikel.
SFASawmillGuy
SFAJack_76 said:

SFAXE93 said:

Lots of speed

Just imagine where we'd be if we didn't have all these issues. 1-2 losses? Would we be ranked? Competing for a conference title? The future is so bright for this team and may be closer than we think.

On a side note. Any word on who's under center this weekend? I haven't heard anything from practice this week.
Ljacks&Longnecks
The previously mentioned great job by this staff to keep this team moving is precisely why I believe we will be on top of the SLC in 2021. This year's adversity means all our sophomores next year will have a full season of college ball under their belt. The eligibilities issues will be a thing of the past and won't happen again under Ivey's watch. Many injured players will be ready and fresh, plus any newcomers via HS or transfer will come on board.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.