2019 Season

33,039 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFAJack_76
Jacks4460
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76 said:

Jacks4460 said:

Now that coach has said it... Jake is out for the year.. Back has given out...thats why just didnt want to say..
Too bad for Jake. Helps to explain why they signed so many QB's. Since he already used his RS, I suppose he could ask for a medical sixth season, but guessing he won't?
He is wanted as a coach.. This staff loves the person Jake is..
SFAJack_76
Quality guy. Class move by coach to have him in Houston.
Jacks4460
SFAJack_76 said:

Quality guy. Class move by coach to have him in Houston.

Yes sir we have a coach that gets it... His players are going to want to really play for him... I dont know if you heard Alize say "we want to do instead of we have to do"...
SFA Jack Fanatic
In his interview today, Carthel sort of jokingly said that "We may not win a game.". A sly fox luring his unsuspecting prey into his lair.
SFAJack_76
Quote that Jacks4460 mentioned.
SFAXE93
About 60 freshmen on this team.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

In his interview today, Carthel sort of jokingly said that "We may not win a game.". A sly fox luring his unsuspecting prey into his lair.

Waco's not gonna know what hit em. We should list Bogues on the football roster just to scare them.
Jacks4460
SFAJack_76 said:

Quote that Jacks4460 mentioned.

76 thats it.. when I heard him say that it was something that stuck with me.. glad SFA media caught it too.. my words were off a little but point was the same..
MasterAxe
Well, due to circumstances I was unaware of, it would appear my position of "Jake will be the starter," is...ummm...wrong.

Silver lining, we figured it would be a sort of "rebuild year," at least to a point, so with this happening, we don't have to wait long to find out what we have at QB from the young guys.

Might as well turn them loose early and LFG.
Jacks4460
MasterAxe said:

Well, due to circumstances I was unaware of, it would appear my position of "Jake will be the starter," is...ummm...wrong.

Silver lining, we figured it would be a sort of "rebuild year," at least to a point, so with this happening, we don't have to wait long to find out what we have at QB from the young guys.

We got some good QB's Master... Trae is #1 right now but I can tell you the other two are right at his heals.. Yes rebuild year for sure...If we can get the transfer from TT eligible I can tell you he is worth 2 more victories... He is that good... He had over 200 all purpose yds vs OU as a freshman... Everyone really feels he is a game changer...
MasterAxe
Jacks4460 said:

MasterAxe said:

We got some good QB's Master... Trae is #1 right now but I can tell you the other two are right at his heals.. Yes rebuild year for sure...If we can get the transfer from TT eligible I can tell you he is worth 2 more victories... He is that good... He had over 200 all purpose yds vs OU as a freshman... Everyone really feels he is a game changer...
I hope you are right about the QB's, I always hesitate to say a player is "Good/Bad" when we have never seen them play, at least in college.

Again, the Baylor and Tarleton games probably aren't good barometers, but that SUU game will be the real sign of who can play. And, even then, to say "he can/he can't" after 2-3 games in their first year is stupid.

Gonna take some time here to get it all straight, I think.
Jacks4460
MasterAxe said:

Jacks4460 said:

MasterAxe said:

I hope you are right about the QB's, I always hesitate to say a player is "Good/Bad" when we have never seen them play, at least in college.

Again, the Baylor and Tarleton games probably aren't good barometers, but that SUU game will be the real sign of who can play. And, even then, to say "he can/he can't" after 2-3 games in their first year is stupid.

Gonna take some time here to get it all straight, I think.
Yep it will take time.. Trae has some good JC film and the coaches liked him out of HS he was their guy for AM Commerce but Trae wanted to go to the JUCO route and then to a Division I.. Well look what happend they got their guy at their first DI job. Weeks is interesting... He can really through the ball well and walked on at Baylor when AM Commerce wanted him as their man the following year.. Now this coaching staff have 2 of their QB targets they eyed at AM Commerce. Cam is a winner that competes his tail off and is well prepared.. He has proven that he can lead a team to a championship and guys gravitate towrds that... We also have a new GA QB coach who was with the Cowboys organization that coaches are really excited about because he can help teach the 3 we have along with Coach May who has already put out a Harlon Hill winner in Luis Perez who is also coming to help the staff until he gets called again by the NFL ,XFL or whomever.. They are gonna have plenty of help that is for sure.. Tarleton game is gonna be harder than most think... They are one of the tops in DIV II and with it being the first of the year it will be a tough game... I think as the season goes on we will gradually get better.. First part of the season is gonna be a rocky road..
SFAJack_76
One advantage, perhaps, with Tarleton is that Carthel and most of this staff played them twice last year. Even so, I get that it will be a tough game. Mother Nature probably saved us a loss last season.
SFASawmillGuy
I was very impressed with the media day and am very excited for this fall. It will be a rebuilding year but I think whatever we do, we have so many freshman we can only go up.

Jake's injury is unfortunate. I was unaware of it, but I'm glad he's accepted it and is ready to take on the role in stride. Jake is a class act, and no doubt he will be referred to in 2020 as Coach Blumrick, if coaching is what he's interested in.

I'm looking forward to meeting up with the coaches at the purple lights tour later today.
SFAJack_76
I suspect they crushed that buffet.

Ljacks&Longnecks
Blumrick has taken a lot of heat on this board in the past while QBing while his team lacked talent, coaching and any kind of TEAM attitude. He won't go down in SFA history as a top quarterback statistically ....but....if everybody on the team had even a tenth as much of a team first player as he does, we would be unbeatable on the field. We know he will do whatever he can to help SFA succeed and have his other QBs backs this season.
Wish him all the success in life.
RedRiverLa
Well, good to be back after a nice summer break. I feel less stressed about this season since coach just let us know we are not going to win a national championship this year . Pressure is off! Actually, I don't have great expectations for on the field, and that's okay - it's going to take some years to get this young talent up to speed. That being said, improvement in culture is my measure of success this year. Now, don't get me wrong, I want to win, and would be thrilled with 4, 5, or 6 wins and a nice w-l record improvement. And a small part of me hopes that maybe we will shock the world. We're better than 9th place, but until we prove it, that's still us. But I love the culture change already at this stage! Recruiting is key and he killed it! . I do know this, we will win somewhere between 0 and double-digit games. AxeEm Jacks and looking forward to seeing that smoking hot wife throwing axes this fall. (The thing that still ticks me off is 4 home games, ahhhh!)
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
TallTexan
In 2020 or 2021 Southland is going back to 8 conference games for all, so that should mean 5 or 6 home games a year from hear on out.

And your weekly reminder that the Battle of the Piney Woods should be played on campus.
BigJack85
Agree regarding BOTPW should be in campus.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
MasterAxe
Are we absolutely sure that Luis Perez has no eligibility left? Asking for a friend.
SFASawmillGuy
Yes. But I hear there's a new kid in town named Luis Diaz. Ironically used to be a bowler as well.
RedRiverLa
TallTexan said:

In 2020 or 2021 Southland is going back to 8 conference games for all, so that should mean 5 or 6 home games a year from hear on out.

And your weekly reminder that the Battle of the Piney Woods should be played on campus.

It's the reverse season ticket income theory. Give us one less game this year for the same ticket price as last year. Increase it when/if we add a game this year. Not complaining, prices are reasonable at this level.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut
Staff
No new unis this year I guess?
cboothe09
I'll be in Waco for the opener. Anyone else going?
PurpleOut
Staff
cboothe09 said:

*accidentally hit edit on your post.

I think I'll make it. Should be a good alumni tailgate, if I'll make it I'll bring my tailgate stuff for everyone as well.
Jacks4460
Next year will be the new uni's...
HitSomeBody
cboothe09 said:

We will be there. Although, my wife and I are Baylor grads I will be full out purple and swinging the Axe. I am praying for a good competitive game. I have lots of Bear friends that will be there but for the day they will not be my friends. So, I need to know where to find all of the Jacks so we can be in the right company.
Axe'Em Jacks
PurpleOut
Staff
Alumni association is putting together a bus from Nac for fans, and will be bringing their tents. Details should be out soon, and I'll post any of the general tailgating info for us. I haven't tailgated at their new stadium yet.
PurpleOut
Staff
Started a tailgate thread just for the Baylor game. Let us know if you're coming. https://sfasawmill.com/forums/9/topics/1583/replies/43437#43437
cboothe09
My wife has her Bachelors and Masters from SFA, but is currently working on her doctorate through Baylor. May be getting cheaper tickets through Baylor, but we will definitely be in purple...
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

Alumni association is putting together a bus from Nac for fans, and will be bringing their tents. Details should be out soon, and I'll post any of the general tailgating info for us. I haven't tailgated at their new stadium yet.
I understood the email we got yesterday from the Alumni Assoc. was checking on interest in a bus . It did say they will have a tailgate.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.