Early Signing Day 2019.

7,822 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TallTexan
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Do we have any recruits inking LOIs today?

Figured either way, we should have a signing day thread.
SFAJack_76
Thanks for starting the thread.

Surprised there is nothing on the Jacks web site about NSD1. No mention of any press conference. No updates about NLI's. No nothing.
KirkHeath12
Caiden Walker has signed. 3 star OL
Class of 2012
Axe Em
Jacks4460
The kid from Newton signed..6-4 300lb lineman... Hopefully we will get a couple more but as you know coaches got a later jump on things... I feel they will load up in Feb.
SFAJack_76
KirkHeath12
Zach Ingram signed. OL
Class of 2012
Axe Em
SFAJack_76
Two signees, two OL.

TallTexan
We definitely need help on the OL and glad we inked these guys early.

It'll be interesting to see who we can pull in February when the coaches really have time to get out and hit the recruiting hard.
Rodray
Dont think they have that many scholarships to offer. I wouldn't expect this recruiting class to be very big.
TallTexan
AxeEm99
Really good intel from The Huntsville Item regarding how the Bearkats are recruiting this year... I think they have a huge challenge on their hands from Colby Carthel!! No guy from up North can match a National Champion from Texas with established connections on the recruiting trail!!

https://www.itemonline.com/sports/sam_houston_state_university_bearkats/kats-gear-up-for-heavy-recruiting-push/article_5eca06eb-9a0f-595e-aed0-0733b9e5fa02.html

Attention Mr Keeler! Attention Mr. Keeler! Your days are numbered thanks to a guy named Carthel!!

Axe 'Em!

Jacks4460
Rodray said:

Dont think they have that many scholarships to offer. I wouldn't expect this recruiting class to be very big.

Scholarships are renewable each year... If for some reason scholarship player isn't cutting the butter then coach doesn't put him on scholly and makes room for a player he wants..
Rodray
Yes but right now we dont have that many to offer. Evaluations wont start till spring and with signing day in February you think hes going to start cutting players after the break? I have a son on the team and another playing football at another university. I know how the process works.
Jacks4460
Rodray said:

Yes but right now we dont have that many to offer. Evaluations wont start till spring and with signing day in February you think hes going to start cutting players after the break? I have a son on the team and another playing football at another university. I know how the process works.
no i think he is cutting players before the break... you know how the process works..
Rodray
Dont see how you can evaluate a player when you can't be sure that the player was given the opportunity to show his full potential under the last coaching staff. Some might be obvious but If that was the case you might dismiss the entire team.
Jacks4460
Rodray said:

Dont see how you can evaluate a player when you can't be sure that the player was given the opportunity to show his full potential under the last coaching staff. Some might be obvious but If that was the case you might dismiss the entire team.

Grades,off the field issues,some kids don't want to buy into the new way of doing things,failed UA's,and they may have some of their guys lined up ready to come in.. I was really excited about our team this year even after Miss St but then I saw our DL body language and just knew our coaches really didn't have their 100% attention.. Then with Ryan having to go into the locker room against Sam after the game... That should tell u how undisciplined and lack of respect those players had for their coaches..
Jacks4460
SFAJack_76 said:

Fixing to play on Fox Sports Southwest

SFAJack_76
Winner.

SFA2000
The players were told that if you are on a scholarship your'e not now.If you were told that you are getting a scholarship well you are not. If you have been wanting a scholarship now is your chance. They were told that everything starts over and everyone must work hard.They were told that there are no favorites and they will each get a chance to prove themselves. They will be evaluated after spring ball......
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA2000 said:

The players were told that if you are on a scholarship your'e not now. ..
I hope the coaches were just trying to make a point. I don't think they can just yank scholarships just because there's a coaching change.
TallTexan
edstile said:

SFA2000 said:

I hope the coaches were just trying to make a point. I don't think they can just yank scholarships just because there's a coaching change.

That was my thought as well.
SFA2000
http://www.ncaa.org/about/frequently-asked-questions-about-ncaa

SFASawmillGuy
edstile said:

SFA2000 said:

The answer is no, however I believe he's saying it doesn't matter if you're a walk on, a scholarship player, a starter, or a benchwarmer, it all starts over.

We have no starting QB, no starting RB, no starting o-line, receivers, or defense. It all starts over.
SFASawmillGuy
Also, we just nabbed a pretty good freshman QB it appears.

Ljacks&Longnecks
SFA_03 said:

edstile said:

SFA2000 said:

The answer is no, however I believe he's saying it doesn't matter if you're a walk on, a scholarship player, a starter, or a benchwarmer, it all starts over.

We have no starting QB, no starting RB, no starting o-line, receivers, or defense. It all starts over.
This is as it should be....we don't have any legacy of success in recent years so the slate should be blank to start. Let the new staff see the level of commitment, character, ability and desire each individual brings and go from there. I believe that we will see this staff bring a winning culture to this team.
TallTexan
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

SFA_03 said:

edstile said:

SFA2000 said:

This is as it should be....we don't have any legacy of success in recent years so the slate should be blank to start. Let the new staff see the level of commitment, character, ability and desire each individual brings and go from there. I believe that we will see this staff bring a winning culture to this team.

Tamrick's about the closest thing we have to a sure bet as starter.
PurpPump
I'm glad we got a QB before Christmas. I hope they add another before it's a said and done. Bad QB's get coaching staffs fired. We need new faces in that room just as much as we needed new coaches.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

SFA_03 said:

edstile said:

SFA2000 said:

Alize Ward says hi.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

SFA_03 said:

edstile said:

SFA2000 said:

Alize Ward says hi.

Touche.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.