Northwestern State

18,070 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Bighamp
Ljacks&Longnecks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hit helmet to helmet for sure, under the rules as they are I guess it was correct call, though certainly not intentional.
SFAJack_76
Must have been one helluva half time speech. Reverted to ugly.
RedRiverLa
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Hit helmet to helmet for sure, under the rules as they are I guess it was correct call, though certainly not intentional.

Thanks. I think our momentum packed up and went home. You could feel the 'here we go' with the opening second half kickoff. We need to answer.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
Ljacks&Longnecks
Just thinking that 76, after a really strong 1st half this 3rd quarter has looked like the rest of the season.
SFAJack_76
I would appreciate someone explaining to me why Sawyet hasn't been playing.
SFAJack_76
O line is sad and play calling is pitiful.
RedRiverLa
Those are the worst two 4 and goal calls I've seen. Hand off 5 yards deep and go straight ahead. Take the damn points we'd be ahead.
Lumberjack Battalion
SFASawmillGuy
Foster Sawyer is another example of "too good for this team". He could've been a star for this program and in the SLC. Sadly it never panned out.
I'd dare to say he could've been nfl good, but he was another victim of this unfortunate season.
RedRiverLa
Got to give it to the defense. Holding NSU offense to 14 points. Shame about the kickoff but let's see if we can pull this out.
Lumberjack Battalion
SFAJack_76
Things are right on the edge of getting ugly.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Yep those 4th and goal failures sum up the whole season.

Imagine what Sawyer could have accomplished with a strong O line....time to throw....and an experienced OC.
Ah the couldas
Ljacks&Longnecks
And there is the backbreaker
RedRiverLa
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Yep those 4th and goal failures sum up the whole season.

Imagine what Sawyer could have accomplished with a strong O line....time to throw....and an experienced OC.
Ah the couldas

Exactly. Dang, that there is a result of the ejection. Afraid that will do it. Have to say though, the kids game out to play tonight, just not able to match.
Lumberjack Battalion
SFASawmillGuy
Just enough time to score to bring it within one score, successfully get an onside kick, and then go 3 and out.

Jk. Still lots of time.
RedRiverLa
Man, with no effort Sawyer can throw a 40 yard spiral with just a flick of the wrist it seems.
Lumberjack Battalion
BigJack85
This team really doesn't seem to have an identity. Other than we need a plus 7 turnover margin to win.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
TallTexan
RedRiverLa said:

Man, with no effort Sawyer can throw a 40 yard spiral with just a flick of the wrist it seems.
That might be enough to get him a training camp invite with his measurables.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Great pass by Pace.....still in game
RedRiverLa
Well, bad penalty, bad time.
Lumberjack Battalion
TallTexan
RedRiverLa said:

Listening on radio, were we guilty?
Ljacks&Longnecks
Yep, slid into kicker.
TallTexan
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Yep, slid into kicker.

Ugh.
RedRiverLa
TallTexan said:

RedRiverLa said:

Listening on radio, were we guilty?

Yep, no question, it was a penalty. I don't often say this, but this his one we could have won.
Lumberjack Battalion
BigJack85
Only listened. Sounds like the same issues. O line and lack of discipline.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAXE93
325 yards for Foster through the air.
TallTexan
It's coach hiring season.
AxeEm99
I hope Patillo and Ivey will make an announcement in the next couple of days regarding hiring a REAL coach and a REAL leader who can motivate the team! This ridiculousness has to stop!
TallTexan
randybass said:

I hope Patillo and Ivey will make an announcement in the next couple of days regarding hiring a REAL coach and a REAL leader who can motivate the team! This ridiculousness has to stop!

Probably be atleast next weekend. Most of the coaches you'd want will still be playing.
PurpleOut
Staff
Well that was fun.
RedRiverLa
BigJack85 said:

Only listened. Sounds like the same issues. O line and lack of discipline.

O-line yes. The ejection and running into the kicker were really more effort than discipline from what it felt like in person. They were the right calls, just kids trying to make a play.
Lumberjack Battalion
RedRiverLa
Announced! National search for head coach begins!
Lumberjack Battalion
Bighamp
Kudos to Ivey and the president!!
They made the call at 9:59 pm last night - wasted no time. The decision was made several weeks ago. I just hate we had to wait soooo long.
Offense was drab and predictable as usual. The offense staff should leave town with paper bags over their heads!
Sorry play calls- I thought I saw a trick play--Nahhh. Where has that been all year??
Again, due to the circumstances this staff was way over their heads.
They probably keep Moses just because of what he has done for the program - other than that he can go too!!!
Barbay and the Def Coordinator total clowns.
Jacks4460
Bighamp said:

I promise you Barbay is no clown... Over his head this year with his play calling YES but clown NO. He is a well respected man by his players and peers.. He will be a good play caller one day.. I am not saying we need to even keep him just that clown is wrong...
TallTexan
Jacks4460 said:

Bighamp said:

I promise you Barbay is no clown... Over his head this year with his play calling YES but clown NO. He is a well respected man by his players and peers.. He will be a good play caller one day.. I am not saying we need to even keep him just that clown is wrong...
Ya this season is not the result we wanted, but the coaches tried to make lemonade out of lemons. They were in a highly unfortunate position because we lost not just our HC, but also our OC at the same time.

And I'll be honest, I want to win, but I'm not a win at all costs guy. There are worse things than losing a majority of your games with an interim staff. Byrd and co seemed to have the right kind of character for the job, unfortunately, the results didn't follow this season.
SFASawmillGuy
Baraby is a QB guru. Not an offensive coordinator. I'd keep him on board. Byrd is a solid defensive coordinator. Our defense was good this year, they were just on the field way too much. I doubt he keeps his job. But I think he deserves a chance to. The guys love him.

As far as Jeremy goes, I really do appreciate what he's done for this program. But there's probably a reason he's never held the same coaching spot for more than a year. He seems more like a "placeholder", and literally does keep his job because of his legacy. But it might be time to move on from Jeremy.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.