Northwestern State

17,913 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Bighamp
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA (2-7; 2-6) Northwestern State (4-6; 3-5)

WHEN: NOV. 15 (THURS.) 6:00 P.M.
WHERE: HOMER BRYCE STADIUM (NAC.)
TV: ELEVEN SPORTS

It's the 53rd Battle for Chief Caddo and of course Senior Night in the Nac.

There should be plenty of seats for this one as the Demons of Northwestern State are coming off a thrilling double over time victory over #18 McNeese State 37-34.

The Demons have found footing in their offense as they are averaging almost 40 points a game in their last three.

A salute to our seniors as they play their last game at Homer Bryce Stadium.

Axe'Em Jacks!

QB: #12 Foster Sawyer 6-5; 225 (Sr.)
WR: #5 Terian Goree 6-1; 175 (Sr.)
WR: #2 Frank Iheanacho 6-6; 225 (Sr.)
OL: #65 Hayden Scott 6-2; 295 (Sr.)
OL: #75 Josiah Hunter 6-5; 322 (Sr.)
LS: #51 Chris Wilkerson 6-2; 248 (Sr.)
DT: #94 Demetrion Amie 6-5; 268 (Sr.)
DT: #99 Shaq Anderson 6-0; 305 (Sr.)
LB: #50 Ryan Woods 6-0; 232 (Sr.)
LB: #49 Terrance Potts 6-2; 234 (Sr.)
S: #3 Lawrence Ghansah 6-0; 195 (Sr.)
S: #4 Chris James 6-0; 200 (Sr.)
CB: #21 Davelle Fox 5-11; 185 (Sr.)
CB: #27 Tedrick Hawkins 6-0; 170 (Sr.)
P: #45 Caleb Lewallen 5-10; 200 (Sr.)

SFASawmillGuy
Pride. This game is for the seniors. They know what they have to do. Just have to do it.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

And LOTS of it......
SFASawmillGuy
NWST has a stud at QB and loves to throw the ball. One thing they lack is any kind of defense. If we can maintain long drives on offense and keep their offense off the field as much as possible, I think we can keep them from getting into a rhythm.
RedRiverLa
Driving over for the game, as always. Tailgating, as always. Staying until the end, as always. A victory would be a complete surprise, but here's hoping, as always. Maybe the Thursday night time and a letdown after their big victory will be NSU's downfall. Regardless of the outcome I just want Nikki Wallace to see a good return on her investment.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
SFA Jack Fanatic
RedRiverLa said:

Regardless of the outcome I just want Nikki Wallace to see a good return on her investment.
Yeah, we've been shortchanging that lady long enough!
PurpleOut
Staff
Will be interesting to see the crowd, still think it's a mistake to have it on a Thursday. Your normal fan that comes in from out of town probably can't go.

Tailgating should be fun when that elementary school gets out.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

Will be interesting to see the crowd, still think it's a mistake to have it on a Thursday. Your normal fan that comes in from out of town probably can't go.

I suspect the crowd will be really light. Thursday night. Bad team. Forecast around 45 degrees at kickoff. Alumni Association is going to have pop up tents at the entrances with swag and food vouchers for members rather than usual tailgate.
SFAJack_76
https://athlonsports.com/college-football/story-rivalry-trophies-story-college-footballs-spirit
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

PurpleOut said:

I suspect the crowd will be really light. Thursday night. Bad team. Forecast around 45 degrees at kickoff. Alumni Association is going to have pop up tents at the entrances with swag and food vouchers for members rather than usual tailgate.
Ya my wife downright refused to come out and watch football in cold weather so we're out.

She said she moved back to Texas to enjoy the summer furnace, not for freezing temps in November.
SFAJack_76
Ha! My wife won't like it, but she will go. No guarantees about how long we stay.

Honestly, more looking forward to Lufkin's bi-district game on Friday. They have a good shot at their second state championship.
SFAXE93
Yep the one game I can go to every other year and they put it on a Thursday (a work day) no way to go now.

Please don't do it again SFA AD.
KirkHeath12
Let's end the football season on a good note. Bring Chief Caddo to Nac! Axe Em Jacks
Class of 2012
Axe Em
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93 said:

Yep the one game I can go to every other year and they put it on a Thursday (a work day) no way to go now.

Please don't do it again SFA AD.

I don't know that the AD has much, if any, control over this. Even at the FCS level, TV money and the conference controls.
SFASawmillGuy
Before the Jacks take the field in the 53rd battle for Chief Caddo, I think it's actually important to really appreciate these players and coaches.

I'm very confident that this team and coaches were destined to have a great season before the controversy, and when it happened, they were all given a no win situation.

These seniors waited 4 years to be great, and unfortunately due to the circumstances weren't able to see that happen. Foster didn't ask to transfer from one of the top FBS programs only to find himself in an incredibly incoherent and predictable offense and get benched his senior year.

These coaches didn't ask for this either. Coach Byrd never asked to be named head coach and be given only a few weeks to prepare a team in a competitive division 1 conference. But it's where he found himself. And I know I've been a huge critic of his coaching style and of this entire staff. But I know also it's not their fault. They were thrown to the fire. And you know what, they came out with a team that's much closer together and never quits. The word this team has on offense and defense are a direct result of having no head coach and limited preparation on the season, but this team is probably the closest family of Lumberjacks I've witnessed. And I think this coaching staff did a great job keeping them together.

Unfortunately, when the final whistle blows tonight, most of these seniors will never play again, and likely, most of this coaching staff will be searching for new homes. The culture change at SFA football is coming In a few hours.
RedRiverLa
There are almost more people in the band than in the crowd for senior night. What an embarrassment of support.
Lumberjack Battalion
SFAJack_76
Disappointing, but not unexpected.
SFASawmillGuy
Oh well. Let's just win and take the Chief back.
RedRiverLa
SFAJack_76 said:

Disappointing, but not unexpected.

Unfortunately that is true and why it's such an embarrassment. Things could be done. Heck if I can drive two 2 hours to set up the ONLY tailgate tent... Poor band was playing to no one in the tailgate area. Everyone gone, no tents no alumni. Oh well, I'm still cheering my freezing a$$ off hoping for a miracle.
Lumberjack Battalion
RedRiverLa
Foster Sawyer in the game throwing some beautiful balls.
Lumberjack Battalion
Ljacks&Longnecks
Hey thanks for being there Red River....
RedRiverLa
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Hey thanks for being there Red River....

Happy to. It's a bad time for those who work and probably have to travel. Most of he students have gone home - not a fan of this Thursday night time.
Lumberjack Battalion
Ljacks&Longnecks
Like the effort so far, being aggressive on both ends , still need to finish on offense.
PurpleForever
I'll be honest, i haven't got to watch most of our games this year. But from the games i have seen, it seems we have one of the top, if not the top, WR corps in our conference. Extremely athletic and pretty good hands out there. Am i off base and just happened to see them have good games?
Ljacks&Longnecks
I think we have some quality WRs.....they have had games with some dropped passes of course but also the problems with the O line have certainly affected the passing game. If we had a solid O Line the difference in our offense would be huge.
RedRiverLa
BEAUTIFUL TD pass by Sawyer. Makes me wonder what could have been if he was 100% for two years.
Lumberjack Battalion
Ljacks&Longnecks
There is a quality WR.....Pace TD
RedRiverLa
May I just interject Crap it's cold!!
Lumberjack Battalion
SFAJack_76
Football weather.
KirkHeath12
Worked out... but no damn spike
Class of 2012
Axe Em
Ljacks&Longnecks
Now this is the kind of football we have been wanting to see all year! 3 picks, defense prevailing so far, Sawyer with some good passes, running game working.....fun to watch. If only could get the ball in the endzone.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Warm in front of the computer Red River......but if I lived in or near Nac I would be there with ya.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ljacks&Longnecks
Well damn, then the 2nd half started.
RedRiverLa
Was that targeting? Hard to tell from the stadium review? Did he launch?
Lumberjack Battalion
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.