Battle of The Piney Woods 2018

15,615 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SFASawmillGuy
HitSomeBody
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yes we will be at ACU tailgating. I tailgated this past weekend in the gulley washer weather. My first tailgate at SFA will not be forgotten.

I will be setting up for ACU tailgating starting at 7:30. I will also have 23 people coming in from out of town to tailgate. I'm amazed at how many people who did not go to SFA wanting to come to tailgate, hangout, and go to the game.

Just look for the tailgating group with the TV, fans, and blue Yamaha generator. That will be us. This past weekend I was the only one I could see with a Yamaha generator.

ax'em Jacks
SFA Jack Fanatic
HitSomeBody said:

Yes we will be at ACU tailgating. I tailgated this past weekend in the gulley washer weather. My first tailgate at SFA will not be forgotten.

I will be setting up for ACU tailgating starting at 7:30. I will also have 23 people coming in from out of town to tailgate. I'm amazed at how many people who did not go to SFA wanting to come to tailgate, hangout, and go to the game.

Just look for the tailgating group with the TV, fans, and blue Yamaha generator. That will be us. This past weekend I was the only one I could see with a Yamaha generator.

ax'em Jacks
There is also a separate Forum on here called "LJF.com Tailgating & Roadtrips". You might also insert this and future tailgating info there.
SFAXE93
HitSomeBody said:

I'm amazed at how many people who did not go to SFA wanting to come to tailgate, hangout, and go to the game.
Yea, we have tons of T-shirt fans
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
BigJack85
We are the group of tents across from the all min tent. Last weekend we had about 5 tents together.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
PurpleOut
Staff
HitSomeBody said:

ax'em Jacks
That's fantastic. I don't know where you set up last weekend, but to echo what BigJack85 said, you should come set up with us (or next to us). It's a great grass area under the trees, next to the alumni tent, good foot traffic, etc.

I mentioned this to Ivey, but we need to try to restructure our tailgating areas while promoting more personal tailgates. When we first announced the new tailgate set up years ago, I created a graphic of how to use this area where we tailgate more effectively. I know the weather scared some people off last weekend, but other than us there was really only 1-2 other groups actually tailgating with tents, tables, etc. We need to grow that and have more people tailgate next to everyone else.
HitSomeBody
PurpleOut said:

Quote:

That's fantastic. I don't know where you set up last weekend, but to echo what BigJack85 said, you should come set up with us (or next to us). It's a great grass area under the trees, next to the alumni tent, good foot traffic, etc.

I mentioned this to Ivey, but we need to try to restructure our tailgating areas while promoting more personal tailgates. When we first announced the new tailgate set up years ago, I created a graphic of how to use this area where we tailgate more effectively. I know the weather scared some people off last weekend, but other than us there was really only 1-2 other groups actually tailgating with tents, tables, etc. We need to grow that and have more people tailgate next to everyone else.

I was set up behind the scoreboard with a view of the Ag pond. It was a nice spot but mostly fraternities all around me. I would love to set up next to your crew for Parents Weekend. I know where the Alumni "Big White Tent" is so I will head there early in the morning. Should be lots of fun with games, TV, food and drinks.

Ax-em Jacks
PurpleOut
Staff
HitSomeBody said:

PurpleOut said:

Quote:

I was set up behind the scoreboard with a view of the Ag pond. It was a nice spot but mostly fraternities all around me. I would love to set up next to your crew for Parents Weekend. I know where the Alumni "Big White Tent" is so I will head there early in the morning. Should be lots of fun with games, TV, food and drinks.

Ax-em Jacks
Awesome, yeah probably wouldn't recommend tailgating around the scoreboard because that's the student tailgate area. Although probably good "people watching" there.

For everyone, I started a general tailgate thread here.
SFAXE93
With 8 days left...

"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFASawmillGuy
SFAXE93 said:

With 8 days left...

Sad. Even with how our season's started, this may be our best chance to beat Sam we've had in a while.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.