Battle of The Piney Woods 2018

15,404 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SFASawmillGuy
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sawmill loyalists..... I have a co-worker and large client that are all Bearkats. They are riding me hard on BOTPW. Quotes from the prison tech folks include. "Pathetic Lumberjacks don't even show up anymore to receive there annual beat down anymore". "Heck I'm even tired of watching us beat SFA". Etc. Etc. Etc. Etc.

After enduring this for the past 3 years (more than that really) I've decided to throw in 100% with my Purple Tent, Purple Tables, SFA Flags (4) and more. My typical tailgating crew includes: me, my oldest daughter and my mom. I need to have a better showing than I can come up with on my own. I'm officially throwing out feelers for fellow supports of the Purple and White to commit to showing up early and really putting together a tailgate worth remembering. I'm hoping that Rev, Purple, Edstile or anyone else in the area (Houston or Dallas) will join me............ A group of two or three SFA tents pulled together would do!

Feel free to PM me.

Axe 'Em Jacks!
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
TallTexan
I won't be 100% sure that we'll be back in Texas until September, but if we are, I'll let you know!

I've got a brother, cousin, & aunt who are all bearkats. Luckily, basketball keeps them quiet most of the year.
BigJack85
Tall. I appreciate your response! I will definitely need all the support I can get. Keep the Bearkats at bay.
beaubrad46
I just hope that our team doesn't give up in the first quarter like we have done many times against Sam the last several years.
Lawsuit pending PurpleOut.
SFASawmillGuy
beaubrad46 said:

I just hope that our team doesn't give up in the first quarter like we have done many times against Sam the last several years.

I'm fairness, we've been in every one of the past 7 losses in a row(crying) except for like 2. A blowout in this game has and will still be rare. It's like Texas vs Oklahoma. Even if a team has no business making it a close game, it's probably gonna be a close game.

I'm just waiting for us to finally get another win. Pretty. Ugly. I don't care. I want to see us win again.
HitSomeBody
BigJack85 said:

Sawmill loyalists..... I have a co-worker and large client that are all Bearkats. They are riding me hard on BOTPW. Quotes from the prison tech folks include. "Pathetic Lumberjacks don't even show up anymore to receive there annual beat down anymore". "Heck I'm even tired of watching us beat SFA". Etc. Etc. Etc. Etc.

After enduring this for the past 3 years (more than that really) I've decided to throw in 100% with my Purple Tent, Purple Tables, SFA Flags (4) and more. My typical tailgating crew includes: me, my oldest daughter and my mom. I need to have a better showing than I can come up with on my own. I'm officially throwing out feelers for fellow supports of the Purple and White to commit to showing up early and really putting together a tailgate worth remembering. I'm hoping that Rev, Purple, Edstile or anyone else in the area (Houston or Dallas) will join me............ A group of two or three SFA tents pulled together would do!

Feel free to PM me.

Axe 'Em Jacks!
BigJack

This is my first year as Lumberjack parent. I will be there with possible 30 supporters. Since I have a boy on the team this year I have 18 confirmed supporters coming to the game with another 12 still waiting their response. if all 30 show we are going to need to find you and tailgate.
BigJack85
Hit somebody. I will make sure you have full awareness of my location. Warning : my group will be all Purple. Multi year serious Lumberjack fans. Full in SFA tent along with flags etc. woohoo
TheRevSFA
Just calmly remind the Sam supporters that we get the same attendance at home as we do in Houston while their fan base only comes to Houston and won't drive the hour to Huntsville. It's sad that a team that good can't draw dick

As for the game, I now have to go to a conference in Vegas so I'm selling my tickets. Section 129, row A 1-4 and row B 1-4. You don't have to buy the entire set. Gonna sell for 25 a ticket
SFA Jack Fanatic
I'll take three if still available. If possible, I'd like to get the seats together.

Ed Stiles
drhuggybear
TheRevSFA said:

You don't have to buy the entire set. Gonna sell for 25 a ticket

When I read this I read "You don't have to buy the entire seat." How does that work? Oh wait ... where's my coffee... should not forum at 7:30am
TheRevSFA
edstile said:

I'll take three if still available. If possible, I'd like to get the seats together.

Ed Stiles
979-236-1209
edstiles@sbcglobal.net

Consider it done. You can PayPal (dhelton29@yahoo.com) or Venmo (Dustin-Helton)

Since they are on the Ticketmaster app I can transfer them over to you nice and easy
BigJack85
TheRevSFA said:

Just calmly remind the Sam supporters that we get the same attendance at home as we do in Houston while their fan base only comes to Houston and won't drive the hour to Huntsville. It's sad that a team that good can't draw dick

As for the game, I now have to go to a conference in Vegas so I'm selling my tickets. Section 129, row A 1-4 and row B 1-4. You don't have to buy the entire set. Gonna sell for 25 a ticket

Agreed Rev,,, but like many Sammie fans the ONLY event that any of them will ever attend is BOTPW. I've talked to Bearkats that don't even know they have a soccer or tennis team.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TheRevSFA said:

edstile said:

Ed Stiles

Since they are on the Ticketmaster app I can transfer them over to you nice and easy
Done.
TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

TheRevSFA said:

Agreed Rev,,, but like many Sammie fans the ONLY event that any of them will ever attend is BOTPW. I've talked to Bearkats that don't even know they have a soccer or tennis team.
My brother, a Bearkat(a shame our family must bear), swears that fans would care if they actually played good teams in Huntsville. I was like what conference are ya'll moving to that could provide that? The American?

It's my opinion that Sam is becoming more of a commuter school, where you attend but aren't terribly invested in school pride.
TheRevSFA
edstile said:

TheRevSFA said:

edstile said:

Ed Stiles

Done.
Just emailed you a link to get your tickets. Let me know if you have any sort of issues.
SFASawmillGuy
TallTexan said:

BigJack85 said:

TheRevSFA said:

My brother, a Bearkat(a shame our family must bear), swears that fans would care if they actually played good teams in Huntsville. I was like what conference are ya'll moving to that could provide that? The American?

It's my opinion that Sam is becoming more of a commuter school, where you attend but aren't terribly invested in school pride.

I agree that that's a horrible excuse, not being able to get home games against "good" teams, but it's one I've heard around Nacogdoches a lot too.

And for most of them, a good game would be against like UT or Alabama.
TallTexan
I've heard people say that too but it's teams we'll never play at home short of Edstile winning the lotto and going all in on SFA football with his fortune.

But our fans atleast showup. Move the track so that you're closer to the field and we might have even more people there on a regular basis. Heck, even winning might help.

But we're still playing Southland teams.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TheRevSFA said:

edstile said:

TheRevSFA said:

edstile said:

Ed Stiles

Done.
Just emailed you a link to get your tickets. Let me know if you have any sort of issues.
Got 'em. No problems. Great seats. Last time I attended two years ago I was forced to sit with a dozen orange-clad family members (including my Prison Tech grad wife .... Forgive me, all...) amongst several thousand other obnoxious orange-clad fools. Now it will be her turn to suffer. Paybacks are H*ll.

Thanks, Rev!
BigJack85
I'm going to buy on the same vicinity.
SFASawmillGuy
Can we rename that the sawmill section?
TallTexan
SFA_03 said:

Can we rename that the sawmill section?

We'll need a sign.
TheRevSFA
I've got 5 more tickets to sell. Your donation will fund my sports bet on the Jacks
BigJack85
I may end up needing them after all Give me a week or so to determine my total group.
PurpleOut
Staff
HitSomeBody said:

BigJack85 said:

Feel free to PM me.

Axe 'Em Jacks!
BigJack

This is my first year as Lumberjack parent. I will be there with possible 30 supporters. Since I have a boy on the team this year I have 18 confirmed supporters coming to the game with another 12 still waiting their response. if all 30 show we are going to need to find you and tailgate.
Come join us for the home opener as well!
BigJack85
I will be there!!!!
TheRevSFA
85 still interested in my remaining tickets?
BigJack85
Yes. I'll touch base tomorrow.
SFA Jack Fanatic
My wife, who is a Prison Tech alum (My sincerest apologies, fellow Sawmillers. What was I thinking??), got a letter from Prison Tech today touting "A Ticket and a T-Shirt" to BOTPW for $22. The ticket, obviously, would be for a seat on the Prison Tech side of the field.

Man! $21.75 seems rather steep for a t-shirt.
drhuggybear
I bought ours this week. 10 seats in section 125.

My plan is to tailgate as well. Hope to see everyone there.
TallTexan
drhuggybear said:

10 seats! Now here's a committed Jack dad.
drhuggybear
TallTexan said:

drhuggybear said:

10 seats! Now here's a committed Jack dad.
Grandparents wanted to come as well so its turning into a family affair. Daughter is super excited that the whole season is kicking off. She has been chomping at the bit to wear her personalized jersey to a game since she got it.

We are camping this weekend and she asked if the campground has good enough cell coverage to stream the game.
TallTexan
Glad to hear. Enjoy camping. I've been super surprised with the ability to get signal in state & national parks. We were on a mountain in Death Valley this spring & probably could have streamed a game, we had enough signal.

I think I'm going to be back in East Texas for the fall, so I'll definitely have to make it out for a game.
drhuggybear
We were at ... wait for it .... Stephen F Austin State Park ...

Signal was not good at all so we got the game cast working but nothing where we could see what was going on. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Have tickets for Parents Weekend, BoTPW and Homecoming for sure. We are looking at the other home games to see what we can work out.
Jeff
Axe'Em Jacks
HitSomeBody
It is Official... I have 32 confirmed SFA fans joining my family for the game to watch our boy. All of them want to tailgate with us. Like me and my wife, none of them are SFA grads BUT all of them have already bought their Lumberjack shirts and gear to show their support.

Now, this means I need details of where to go and when to get there for tailgating so I can send out and organize. 9 of them are coming from Waco so they are already asking details to make their plans.

Therefore, everyone on here please give me details of how to tailgate at the BOTPW.
BigJack85
Hit somebody..... I will have my details prepared in a couple weeks. Are you coming to ACU? We will be tailgating then.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.