Lamar: 2/24

7,394 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Jacks4460
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Booked my trip, going to be in town for the Lamar game.

Tailgating as been a touchy subject for hoops games (I have several stories), but thought I'd start a thread to see if anyone wants to get together pregame. Whether that's a tailgate in the lot or just at a bar. The Alumni Associstion will be out with their tent for this game, but not sure what that entails (I'm enquiring).
PurpleOut
Staff
cboothe09
Running a 10k and moving into a new house that day. Still may try to get up and go if at all possible. The only definite game I'm catching outside of anything in Katy will be March 3 in Huntsville
PurpleOut
Staff
I've tried to set up some cool things for the actual game, that I can't and won't get approved. Tried paying for shirts to do a proper WhiteOut (meaning everyone gets a white shirt) but they said it had to be done internally (but then also didn't want to attempt to make it work, even if I paid for it). Tried to organize an affiliated tailgate. Offered to buy pizzas for students between the Women's and Men's games, but would have to get cleared from both Learfield and Aramark. It's just amazing sometimes how difficult we can try to make things when we have people wanting to help.

Either way, I'm going to try to tailgate under the trees on University and East College with a few others. Anyone here is welcome to join. Feel free to send me a private message or a DM on Twitter.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

I've tried to set up some cool things for the actual game, that I can't and won't get approved. Tried paying for shirts to do a proper WhiteOut (meaning everyone gets a white shirt) but they said it had to be done internally (but then also didn't want to attempt to make it work, even if I paid for it). Tried to organize an affiliated tailgate. Offered to buy pizzas for students between the Women's and Men's games, but would have to get cleared from both Learfield and Aramark. It's just amazing sometimes how difficult we can try to make things when we have people wanting to help.

Either way, I'm going to try to tailgate under the trees on University and East College with a few others. Anyone here is welcome to join. Feel free to send me a private message or a DM on Twitter.
Ridiculous red tape! And for what reason?! Why not allow alumni WHO CARE to get involved?? BTW, if they change their mind, I will help with the costs of the shirts. Heck, I'll even help put them out! (But then again, it's only 10 days away, so....)

As of now, I'm planning to attend that game. If I do, I'll stop by.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

You know what the best thing to do when you're getting ready to launch a 100 million fundraising campaign is?

Strongly discourage any outside alumni involvement designed to foster school spirit, works every time.
PurpleOut
Staff
edstile said:

PurpleOut said:

Ridiculous red tape! And for what reason?! Why not allow alumni WHO CARE to get involved?? BTW, if they change their mind, I will help with the costs of the shirts. Heck, I'll even help put them out! (But then again, it's only 10 days away, so....)

Thanks Ed, that was all my plan initially and was willing to go to a lot of lengths to get it done but oh well. Happy to be coming in for the game regardless.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Maybe next fall someone in Athletics will come to his/her senses and allow us to start working on something like this early on, maybe for the Prison Tech home game (or if the coach of a Major team has some cojones and is brave enough to come calling at WRJ).
BigJack85
TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

You know what the best thing to do when you're getting ready to launch a 100 million fundraising campaign is?

Strongly discourage any outside alumni involvement designed to foster school spirit, works every time.

Believe me there's a lawyer involved. Always.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

Believe me there's a lawyer involved. Always.
I've watched several seasons of Suits, perhaps I can argue for the pro-alumni side?
PurpleOut
Staff
Weather isn't looking particularly good right now for Saturday. I'm going to be getting into town around noon (with a special visitor from Austin) and grabbing lunch. Probably find a bar afterward for pregame if anyone wants to join or has suggestions for a meet up.
BigJack85
Wish I could be there Matt. Got booked with the rodeo coming to Houston.... hopefully we can drill Lamar.
nacluth
Don't know how I missed this thread. What junk about the shirts and tailgating. My daughter's 2nd birthday is that afternoon, but I'll be there before the girls are done. Would like to shake your hand Matt at the game and say thanks for all your SFA fan support over the years.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

Don't know how I missed this thread. What junk about the shirts and tailgating. My daughter's 2nd birthday is that afternoon, but I'll be there before the girls are done. Would like to shake your hand Matt at the game and say thanks for all your SFA fan support over the years.
You bet! Just sent you a PM.
PurpleOut
Staff
BigJack85 said:

Wish I could be there Matt. Got booked with the rodeo coming to Houston.... hopefully we can drill Lamar.
I'll let it slide this time. Don't let it happen again.
Jacks4460
edstile said:

PurpleOut said:

How did Hill last this long with things like this slipping through the cracks.. An Alumni willing to help monetarly you oblige him and take his donation and do whatever you have to do to make it happen.. Even if the promotion is already paid for.. Take the $$$ and do the wishes of the one giving.. So tell me why couldn't someone in the athletic department pick the phone up and call the Aramark rep and learmark rep and get the approval needed... kids aren't going to spend a lot of money at the concession stand anyway... They are gonna save the money for Banita Creek Hall...So giving them something free would go over well... Purpleout I would like to meet you Saturday..
PurpleOut
Staff
They were willing to take the money of course, but just as a simple donation that I could "put to basketball." Meaning they'd take it and use it for whatever they want. Which isn't a problem and I get it would obviously go to good use like a scholarship, but I just wanted to try to help do something for an individual game.
Jacks4460
PurpleOut said:

They were willing to take the money of course, but just as a simple donation that I could "put to basketball." Meaning they'd take it and use it for whatever they want. Which isn't a problem and I get it would obviously go to good use like a scholarship, but I just wanted to try to help do something for an individual game.
I hear you PurpleOut but they should of done as you offered... I mean hell why not take your $$ and order more shirts.. I am sure someone local is probally producing them.. I am sure it wasnt alot of $$ but it still injects $$ in the local economy.. Just cant believe there is red tape to go through if one wants to donate $$ for t-shirts..
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.