Sawmill PLF Patio Tent

1,470 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BigJack85
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Got some details on the new PLF Patio tents. Thought I would see if Sawmillers here would be interested in reserving one for a game.

• $75 per ticket (the $60 price in the email is if you purchase a tent for the entire season).
  • 20 tickets available per tent. This is a 20x20 tent with lounge seating and extra space behind the endzone.
  • Food/Beverage NOT included, but available via preferred vendors like Cane's, Papa Johns and McAlisters. You can also go to the concessions for normal gameday food.
  • BYOB: They will take any and all coolers down and put ice on them.
  • Water and popcorn included
They've sold one tent already for the season, so 4 available. Some tents can be reserved on a game by game basis, and some will be available for individual tickets. The 5 tents will be spaced out across the South Endzone, students will be moved back to the stands.

I'm planning on reserving one for homecoming with my family and a few other families, but thought I would gauge interest here. We've always talked about having a Sawmill outing, but never really put it together.

TheRevSFA
As stated with the Halloween tailgate, this might be fun to do that same weekend/game vs Utah Tech.
PurpleOut
Staff
TheRevSFA said:

As stated with the Halloween tailgate, this might be fun to do that same weekend/game vs Utah Tech.
Agreed. That kind of what I was thinking as the first option.
PurpleOut
Staff
In case anyone needs a reminder of the set up and view.

Should be similar to this on a smaller scale:

BigJack85
Count me as a "tent"ative… LOL pun intended. For real, I'm interested in the tent . My big concern is that I like seeing a bigger portion of the field.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
PurpleOut
Staff
BigJack85 said:

Count me as a "tent"ative… LOL pun intended. For real, I'm interested in the tent . My big concern is that I like seeing a bigger portion of the field.
That's fair. I don't mind the endzone view sometimes because you can see plays develop. It's tougher at field level though.

But overall definitely a different vibe down there, it's a lot of fun.

Let me know a weekend that might work. I think we'd need to move on one fairly quickly if we wanted to reserve a full one.

But, we could also get individual tickets one weekend if we can't get a big group. That's probably what I'll do if I come in for a random weekend by myself.
djsfw57
PurpleOut said:

Got some details on the new PLF Patio tents. Thought I would see if Sawmillers here would be interested in reserving one for a game.

• $75 per ticket (the $60 price in the email is if you purchase a tent for the entire season).
  • 20 tickets available per tent. This is a 20x20 tent with lounge seating and extra space behind the endzone.
  • Food/Beverage NOT included, but available via preferred vendors like Cane's, Papa Johns and McAlisters. You can also go to the concessions for normal gameday food.
  • BYOB: They will take any and all coolers down and put ice on them.
  • Water and popcorn included
They've sold one tent already for the season, so 4 available. Some tents can be reserved on a game by game basis, and some will be available for individual tickets. The 5 tents will be spaced out across the South Endzone, students will be moved back to the stands.

I'm planning on reserving one for homecoming with my family and a few other families, but thought I would gauge interest here. We've always talked about having a Sawmill outing, but never really put it together.

That seems awfully expensive, especially considering it doesn't include food/beverages.
SFA, Class of 1979
PurpleOut
Staff
It might not be for everyone, but I don't think it's bad at all. Being 5 feet from the actual playing field is an entirely different experience.

You have a tent for shade, anything that you want to bring to drink at your own cost instead of buying beer inside, couches and tables, and a lot of space to hang out with friends. I thought they would be charging more actually.

Again to each his own though.
PurpleOut
Staff
Also for the food, from my understanding, you can order individually from any of the vendors on the list. So if you wanted to split a few pizzas between a group...I can't imagine that it would be that expensive.
BigJack85
PurpleOut said:

BigJack85 said:

That's fair. I don't mind the endzone view sometimes because you can see plays develop. It's tougher at field level though.

But overall definitely a different vibe down there, it's a lot of fun.

Let me know a weekend that might work. I think we'd need to move on one fairly quickly if we wanted to reserve a full one.

But, we could also get individual tickets one weekend if we can't get a big group. That's probably what I'll do if I come in for a random weekend by myself.

I'm looking at October 29th. I have other commitments that make my weekends a little limited.
PurpleOut
Staff
October 29th weekend would still work for me here (without my family probably) if we get enough people interested. If not enough are interested, we can still get individual tickets.

I'm looking at reserving a tent on Oct 15th now as well for some families/friends. Had to cancel all of my plans/reservations for Nov 5th.
BigJack85
PurpleOut said:

October 29th weekend would still work for me here (without my family probably) if we get enough people interested. If not enough are interested, we can still get individual tickets.

I'm looking at reserving a tent on Oct 15th now as well for some families/friends. Had to cancel all of my plans/reservations for Nov 5th.

I'm probably not going to make October 15th. Slight chance of a change. I'm already dialed in for October 29th. I'm coming in on Thursday, checking out on Sunday AM.

I'll let you know how many people I think I can grab. See if it makes sense.
PurpleOut
Staff
I reserved a tent for 10/15 and 11/12.

10/15 will have families so we'll be at capacity more than likely, but may have a few extra tickets for the UCA game (11/12) if anyone is interested.
BigJack85
PurpleOut said:

I reserved a tent for 10/15 and 11/12.

10/15 will have families so we'll be at capacity more than likely, but may have a few extra tickets for the UCA game (11/12) if anyone is interested.

I'll check in with you in a couple weeks regarding 11/12. I may be headed up.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.